King_TriTAN

Skyrim

Anyone seen the new creation kit + steam workshop video? Going to be so easy to get mods and shit installed for skyrim, no fucking around anymore, its as simple as finding the mod in steam and clicking "Subscribe" and the next time you launch skyrim it will download/update all the mods you have subscribed. So good.

Wow, I just checked that out. That part with creating the dialogue between character and NPC looks amazing! Never thought it would be that easy.

Argh I'm gonna have to hurry up and try to finish the vanilla game before the conversion mods arrive or I'll never finish it... ever.

Woo, downloading both now, the texture pack comes in at 3.3gb and recommended a 1gb card, hopefully the textures are atleast as good as Qarls for Oblivion.

It's 33% off on Steam today.

I only recently downloaded Oblivion, so it's a little premature for me to get Skyrim. But it's on my list for future purchase, for sure.

It's 33% off on Steam today.

I only recently downloaded Oblivion, so it's a little premature for me to get Skyrim. But it's on my list for future purchase, for sure.

Personally, I'd just skip Oblivion and jump straight into Skyrim.

The game is better in practically every way.

Link to my steam profile, newest images are ones taking using HD textures.

Most of the world textures are pretty meh, but it looks like items have better textures.

Who made the texture pack?

Is it better than the ones I've previously gotten from Skyrim nexus?

Il have tO do some reading

The biggie is how to get the new textures to work with mod textures. Looking at various forums it seems the thing to do is uninstall existing texture mods, then enable the Beth .esps, run the game and exit, then start re-installing your mods so they take precedence over the Beth pack.

But that's unconfirmed. And because they're .esps it will likely be a fiddle that may even involve renaming *many* files. I won't have a chance to try it til tonight so if anyone figures it out/sees a solution somewhere be sure to post!

As for the textures, they're 1024x1024 apparently, an improvement over the console textures (512), but not a patch on the HD mods out there which run 2048 or 4096. How much vid memory you have will affect what works best for you.

The biggie is how to get the new textures to work with mod textures. Looking at various forums it seems the thing to do is uninstall existing texture mods, then enable the Beth .esps, run the game and exit, then start re-installing your mods so they take precedence over the Beth pack.

But that's unconfirmed. And because they're .esps it will likely be a fiddle that may even involve renaming *many* files. I won't have a chance to try it til tonight so if anyone figures it out/sees a solution somewhere be sure to post!

As for the textures, they're 1024x1024 apparently, an improvement over the console textures (512), but not a patch on the HD mods out there which run 2048 or 4096. How much vid memory you have will affect what works best for you.

The item textures definitely look better, but thats about it. There are 2 ESPs for the HD pack, I wonder if one of them is world textures and the other item textures? If so, you may only need to remove one ESP file :)

I've got a -33% voucher for Skyrim also. I wonder if this will work with the sale so I can afford it?

Dunno but start the purchase and see if it applies that voucher before hitting checkout.

The item textures definitely look better, but thats about it. There are 2 ESPs for the HD pack, I wonder if one of them is world textures and the other item textures? If so, you may only need to remove one ESP file :)

It's all a massive fiddle. I have texture mods for pretty much everything. Except the really crappy stuff that hasn't been done yet that I'm hoping the texture pack will fix, so ultimately I have only the non-mod official textures installed, and mods for the rest.

I need to look into modding skyrim, the HD texture pack is passable, but tbh it should have been there from day 1.

Posted Image

I am happy :-D

Nice, so you're effectively getting a bit over 50% off (but not the full 66% because it would be about $30 for you then)

Morrowind is awesome, but I'd suggest playing that before Skyrim, Skyrim's combat system will ruin Morrowinds...morrowind is a hit % based attack style and as such can be damn annoying, but still a great game.

Morrowind GOTY should be about 2gb. Bloodmoon is an epic expansion, the island they added for that expansion is kind of persistant, in that some of the quests you do for people have real world changes (like building a house etc.) really cool game, the dark brotherhood trying to kill you every time you rest if you have the tribunal expansion installed can get frustrating (although their armour sells for heaps, so you can get rich from it, just find the mudcrab with 50k gold and sell it all to him)

Oh and check out Kung Fu Hung Su's mod thread, there are some graphical mods linked in there that are worth trying out if you can't stand the vanilla graphics.

M2DshotexMU

God damn!

Epic Machinima "hoot!"

Thanks for the link slurms {:-)