King_TriTAN

Skyrim

Do you reckon I should get Skyrim now for $40, even though I wont get around to playing it for a couple of months? Or will it be discounted again in a couple of months time?

When is Diablo 3 due to land? I'm thinking that could be my next game after Oblivion.

Do you reckon I should get Skyrim now for $40, even though I wont get around to playing it for a couple of months? Or will it be discounted again in a couple of months time?

When is Diablo 3 due to land? I'm thinking that could be my next game after Oblivion.

I would wait if you can't play it for a few months yet.

Still no Diablo 3 release date :( some more beta invites went out last week to north american residents only - I reckon you'll find they'll do world-wide beta invites before they finalize release date etc.

lol diablo 3, its in the same basket as HL3/EP3.

Cept that its been announced, has been constantly updated with news, is currently in beta and is due for release before july.

umm....do I have to do anything to get these HD textures to work? I downloaded them and I can see them sitting in Game Files. I don't see any difference :P But then, I haven't touched the game for months now.

Cept that its been announced, has been constantly updated with news, is currently in beta and is due for release before july.

Yeah it's more definite than HL3 EP3 thank god.

umm....do I have to do anything to get these HD textures to work? I downloaded them and I can see them sitting in Game Files. I don't see any difference :P But then, I haven't touched the game for months now.

Check data files to make sure they're enabled.

They're only 1024x1024 texture size though, so still fairly crappy, the biggest difference you will see is on smaller objects, armour and furniture, shit like that, the landscape textures are still blurry, 2048 minimum for landscape imo.

its apparently due for release around then but its been delayed for so long I bet theres more delays.

its apparently due for release around then but its been delayed for so long I bet theres more delays.

It hasn't been delayed because they have never had an official release date :P

Edited by NukeJockey

so my skyrim just started downloading an 800mb update... anyone else have this?

seems strange.. pretty big for an "update"

i already have the supposed "high res" texture pack, but i can't really tell what is different. a few small changes but nothing significant.. pretty weak effort :(

Edited by p0is0n

that'd be the 1.4 patch? was in beta not so long ago.

i was playing last night without any patches.. and i thought i was already on 1.4.

maybe i am mistaken, just seemed pretty large for a patch.

cheers

So came across a mod last night that disables fast travel. This is very tempting to install as it'd change the game a lot for me with how I play.

What's everyone else's thoughts on disabling fast travel?

that's how i played a lot of oblivion the first time, just ignored fast travel. then the bloody gates drove me crazy (after i closed a bloody lot of them and they were all the friggin same) so i forgot about walking anywhere and only fast travelled. It can be worthwhile, somehow more immersing if slightly annoying due to weight carrying limits.

In regards to Diablo 3 according to Machinima who got word from activision Apparently D3 is slated for 2nd Quater. probably doesnt mean much because if its not done blizzard will push it back, but thats the latest ive heard.

So came across a mod last night that disables fast travel. This is very tempting to install as it'd change the game a lot for me with how I play.

What's everyone else's thoughts on disabling fast travel?

I'm about to go through the skyrim workshop now and grab all the good sounding mods. I'll definitely grab that one.

skyrim is pretty big though, much bigger than tamriel was, I can't imagine playing all the quests having to travel at normal speed the whole time :/

skyrim is pretty big though, much bigger than tamriel was, I can't imagine playing all the quests having to travel at normal speed the whole time :/

As long as it still lets you use carts at main cities to travel between the main cities, then I don't see it as too much of an issue, the cities are spaced around enough that fast travelling to any of them will get you to almost within riding distance of most areas in the game.

is there a mod that lets you ride around on a pet dragon? that would be awesome to have that and remove the fast travel bit.

is there a mod that lets you ride around on a pet dragon? that would be awesome to have that and remove the fast travel bit.

There was a mod for Oblivion that did this.

installed the no fast travel mod and another mod that adds carts to some towns that didn't have any.

Makes it a lot more interesting having to travel on horse/cart around the place.

Also have realistic lighting installed, it's made caves/dungeons seriously dark now to the point of torches/lights are useful!

These are what I've got installed

Edited by PointZeroOne

Skyrim is worth its price but if it's offered lower than the original price then you should get it. The excitement this game brought to me and my son was really great that I definitely would recommend it to others. I'm not sure if it will be discounted again in few months but $40 will never be a bad deal.

Diablo 3 is speculated to come in 2nd quarter, so maybe by the end of June we will be able to play with it.

I've just searched back through 40 or so pages looking for the map mod that lets you zoom all the way in. Found it. What I also found was all the rage ( much of it by me ) over the amount of crashes and bugs. Soooooooooooo happy I walked away from this for a few months then came back. Working perfectly now, even with 40 plus mods installed. I think a rule of thumb from now on with TES games is to hold out for at least 3 months to let all the assfuckery get resolved.

I ended up doing the same thing with Skyrim as I did with Oblivion - I ignored the main quest line compeltely and just wandered around exploring :)

I ended up going back to oblivion a couple of years after release and completed the main quest line, I wonder if I'll do that with Skyrim....