Sign in to follow this  
bbrannan

Zalman or Antec

I'm looking for a psu for a new build.

I checked the recommended PSU thread against what's available locally and found the Antec TP-750 Blue and the Zalman ZM750-HP.

The linked reviews put them about equal and they are both the same price.

I was leaning towards the Antec because it's a rebadged seasonic but I am not familiar with Zalman PSU's so I would like opinions on which is better.

Thanks.

For the price I can get a TX750 but my nephew bought one and it died in less than a week.

They replaced it OK but I was after modular anyway.

I already have a HX620 in one of the house computers now and it's been great and I think it's a rebadged seasonic?

Antec or seasonic, which ever floats your boat, both are great products. But I lean towards the Antec because I have not had a dud one yet.

For the price I can get a TX750 but my nephew bought one and it died in less than a week.

They replaced it OK but I was after modular anyway.

I already have a HX620 in one of the house computers now and it's been great and I think it's a rebadged seasonic?

I've had my TX750 since 2008 and it's now running my current systemm, i've been nothing but pleased with it. Otherwise out of your choices i'd get the Antec, but if i was buying a new PSU now i'd get a Corsair purely because my TX has been so good!

Had a Zalman. Worked great for years, though it got a bit hot.

Had a few Antecs. Two of them ended up with noisy fan issues, other than that they're fine.

Currently using a Seasonic. Zero issues so far (about 1 year in).

I'd go Seasonic again. Good price for what you get, good reviews.