codecreeper

LCD need Sunglasses

I bought a Samsung 245bplus and wonder how bright is tooo bright. Watching Dvd's is painful the brightness really makes watching darker Dvd's unwatchable. Not really much around on this model as its still a new Model.

Just wondered if their is any help on LCD brightness and what to do.

there should be both a 'backlight' and 'brightness' setting in the monitor options. (controlls of the monitor itself)

turn the backlight low, and the 'brightness' right down, and counter that by turning the contrast up.

hope you find the options.

If the above fails, or it is only DVD's that are too bright check the brightness and Gamma settings in your video cards control panel. For ATI it is in CCC AVIVO settings. Or check the same settings in the player software settings.

there should be both a 'backlight' and 'brightness' setting in the monitor options. (controlls of the monitor itself)

turn the backlight low, and the 'brightness' right down, and counter that by turning the contrast up.

hope you find the options.

No Backlight option in the monitor ,Brightness really only effects the display. Seems like the backlight is too strong sometimes in dark areas i am blinded by the backlight brightness.

If the above fails, or it is only DVD's that are too bright check the brightness and Gamma settings in your video cards control panel. For ATI it is in CCC AVIVO settings. Or check the same settings in the player software settings.

Ok with Dvd's it seem that most software is setup for VGA>DVI displays where i am using DVI-I connections and this is controlled by the Video Card Directly. But as i said in a previous post that the Backlight is Bleeding into the screen about 2cms on the edges and blue light glow from on/off button.

Amazing Atomic have not reviewed this LCD Monitor.

Just passes for Gaming but on DVD viewing it sucks badly.

Well if PC options dont help, and there no 'backlight' option on the monitor, it sounds harsh, but thats what you get for not personally trying a monitor before buying.

Never shop there, but harvey norman is good for this.

Yeah i agree, you should check the equipment before buying, for you to be able to know if that equipment fits your taste. Have you tried changing the settings of your monitor.

Well if PC options dont help, and there no 'backlight' option on the monitor, it sounds harsh, but thats what you get for not personally trying a monitor before buying.

First up i went by opinions i was reading on forums by ppl saying Samsung products where so Great. Secondly i suffer from phobia that prevents from leaving house sometimes. And Last off advertising a place to shop is not forum ettique.

First up i went by opinions i was reading on forums by ppl saying Samsung products where so Great. Secondly i suffer from phobia that prevents from leaving house sometimes. And Last off advertising a place to shop is not forum ettique.

I see no advertising, just M_S suggesting it can be a good idea to go to HN and look at the displays, make a decision on which one suits then go and buy elsewhere :P.

Although your phobia is a problem with this. :-(.

However if the backlight bleed is this severe it sounds like there may be a problem and with the monitor.

No need to get uppity, as Aliali said I didnt mean to come of harsh,

1. Samsung usually are good, but especially with monitors, its always good to see them in person.

2. Phobias like that arent fun, i know someone whos the same sort of thing, as a suggestion, a great way to trial monitors etc. is with RentSmart. $10 or so a week, and they'll usually bring it to your door for you. :)

3. "Never shop there" means i wasnt advertisinga place to shop, but instead a place NOT to shop, but thats my oppinion, i just listed it as a nice big store to see lots in one place.

Unfortunate it didnt work out for you, but audio and video devices should always be trialed, and ive found renting to be a good way to do so (and for you, no leaving the house on hard days).

Hope you're well.