Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Reb1rth.

L.A. Noire

For clarification, the thread title isn't tagged 'cause I figured people visiting a GAMING section actually know about games. :)

Not quite.

The train tracks are just going under a little maintenance.

Metro advises passengers be patient.

Here, have the new launch trailer from two days ago to entertain yourselves on this journey!

Sorry for derailing the discussion, I will say that trailer is more of the same so I'm a little suspicious they're not showing more gameplay, time will tell if LA Noire has the goods. Does anyone know if LA Noire is being censored for Australians?

I had heard good things about the game and had a look at the thread. It wasn't tagged as console in the title so I read on and was expressing my views as is the common practice on a forum. My comments weren't responding to the op. They were responding to your comments about people whinging about releases on different platforms. How about you just keep on the attack so noon realises how utterly pointless your posts are becoming.

I will apologise for the post at the top of page 2. PUI rarely leads to mature sounding content. I was frustrated that people want a game on a particular platform but then buy another one to play it. It does nothing to achieve what you want when you buy things released in a manner you don't want, be it that games in Australia are too expensive or that its released on the wrong console or that it is missing content to fit MA15+ (although that is hardly in the hands of developers/publishers to decide). So I stand by the point, if not by the wording.

I don't have to attack anything as a means to bamboozle the reader, I'm being very honest about the comments in this thread, you now just apologized for the childish rant on page 2 and though I don't have anything against a discussion, I am calling you out for the crappy way you wrote it. This forum deserves better in my opinion and I sense a defensiveness in your tone, I'm simply saying that the platform you play on doesn't need your defending. You play on whatever you play on so you don't need to announce to everyone you're planning to play Planescape, just play it.

The demands from Team Bondi on consumers aren't drastic either, consider this they're an independent developer from Rockstar and LA Noire was a console exclusive from the start, the founder of Team Bondi made console exclusives for Sony but there's confusion that a PC version should be in the works because of Rockstars publishing history (which recently hasn't been on the PC), LA Noire is no more controversial than any other exclusive. If bushi want's to buy a console who am I to determine someone else's purchasing decisions, if he wants to play it and you disagree engage that in a mature way is all I'm saying.

Edited by King_TriTAN

Sorry for derailing the discussion, I will say that trailer is more of the same so I'm a little suspicious they're not showing more gameplay, time will tell if LA Noire has the goods. Does anyone know if LA Noire is being censored for Australians?

I had heard good things about the game and had a look at the thread. It wasn't tagged as console in the title so I read on and was expressing my views as is the common practice on a forum. My comments weren't responding to the op. They were responding to your comments about people whinging about releases on different platforms. How about you just keep on the attack so noon realises how utterly pointless your posts are becoming.

I will apologise for the post at the top of page 2. PUI rarely leads to mature sounding content. I was frustrated that people want a game on a particular platform but then buy another one to play it. It does nothing to achieve what you want when you buy things released in a manner you don't want, be it that games in Australia are too expensive or that its released on the wrong console or that it is missing content to fit MA15+ (although that is hardly in the hands of developers/publishers to decide). So I stand by the point, if not by the wording.

I don't have to attack anything as a means to bamboozle the reader, I'm being very honest about the comments in this thread, you now just apologized for the childish rant on page 2 and though I don't have anything against a discussion, I am calling you out for the crappy way you wrote it. This forum deserves better in my opinion and I sense a defensiveness in your tone, I'm simply saying that the platform you play on doesn't need your defending. You play on whatever you play on so you don't need to announce to everyone you're planning to play Planescape, just play it.

The demands from Team Bondi on consumers aren't drastic either, consider this they're an independent developer from Rockstar and LA Noire was a console exclusive from the start, the founder of Team Bondi made console exclusives for Sony but there's confusion that a PC version should be in the works because of Rockstars publishing history (which recently hasn't been on the PC), LA Noire is no more controversial than any other exclusive. If bushi want's to buy a console who am I to determine someone else's purchasing decisions, if he wants to play it and you disagree engage that in a mature way is all I'm saying.

I get what your problem with it was now, but that isn't exactly what you said in the first place. I'm not defending PCs or xbox or PS3, I'd feel the same either way. I know it's up to whoever to buy whatever they so desire but if you start buying up another platform dont expect change in the way things are done. I saw this game being like San Andreas where, after a almost a year of PS2 sales it finally came on PC. Maybe I'm just too cynical abou tthese things. Anyway, hopefully this and red dead redemption will eventually make their way to PC.

According to Game Arena it's going to be unedited http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5092488?latest=1 But I wonder if that will last when a few concerned mothers see what the game is about.

For clarification, the thread title isn't tagged 'cause I figured people visiting a GAMING section actually know about games. :)

Oh I get that, and there was a time when I would have known (and, obviously, now I do know), But I hadn't paid a lot of attention to this game apart from a few snippits about the facial expressions. I didn't see anything about exclusives before because I hadn't really looked into it until this thread... I'm not devestated by the amount of hours lost reading the orignal post or anything. I dont mind if tags are there or not. I was just explaining why, as a predominently pc gamer I clicked on a console exclusive thread.

Also, the thread is fine. i'm just going to keep to myself now. I've said anything I needed to say abou tthis game now.

Edited by fliptopia

I know it's up to whoever to buy whatever they so desire but if you start buying up another platform dont expect change in the way things are done. I saw this game being like San Andreas where, after a almost a year of PS2 sales it finally came on PC.

Fair enough, I understand why you're against Bushi from taking the plunge though I'm not as confident in a port as you, it could happen. I will say it's been 12 months since RDR had been released.

If LA Noire is not being tampered with I'll buy it locally, thanks for the information.

Edited by King_TriTAN

What's in the game that might warrant an edited version, by the way? Anybody know? I've been trying to stay away from most media regarding the game.

I've only seen the trailers I've posted in this thread and one that showed a tiny bit of gameplay (shooting/driving), from memory.

Drug use tends to get a bit of stomping here in oz, Fallout 3 got censored for using morphine I remember, I'm guessing because you're not a crooked cop the game naturally denounces the crime that's in the game.

Keep an eye on www.ecogamer.com.au as well, they usually post online deals, catalogs, etc. for all the big games.

I just found this voucher on there...

Posted Image

Edited by Reb1rth.

I've seen some downloadable versions of LA Noire on the X360 floating around on the net, here are some in game screen shots.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/ken...10514231105.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/ken...10514232615.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visually it's quite nice, I think some characters pop out inapproiately from the background, it's a minor complaint, I'm excited by the way it looks.

Edited by King_TriTAN

Visually it's quite nice, I think some characters pop out inapproiately from the background, it's a minor complaint, I'm excited by the way it looks.

Very evident in the first pic.(not the linked one)

Edited by NukeJockey

The way your character remarks about objects as you examine them reminds me of Monkey Island, so far from what I've seen it looks like a linear GTA (eerily so with the fist fight) but with crime scene exploration as its primary gameplay mechanic. I'm concerned about the investigations, the success of this game relies in the feeling that you're in control, I had hope there would be more divergent ways of solving a crime because it looked force fed throughout the video, like once you've found this single clue that flips the switch to progress to the next scene, maybe it's still early in the game and 15 minutes isn't really enough but it remains to be seen if LA Noire offers more freedom.

Edited by King_TriTAN

As long as the gameplay/story is enjoyable and the crimes are hard to solve I don't mind if its a linear experience.

I agree.

Linear isn't always bad. I don't get today's obsession with open-ended, sandbox games...

I hate to use this word but, I want to know how deep the investigation system is. If that experience is linear it would dampen the core experience of this game for me. I wonder could you maybe fail to solve a crime and that would be part of the story or will the game wait for you to find that gun lying somewhere before you can progress, do crimes have multiple solutions, something along the lines of Stacking.

The cheapest I found this game is for $45 on the X360

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/L-A-NOIRE-NEW-S...=item4cf6f98930

The PS3 version is $10 more.

Edited by King_TriTAN

I have ordered mine from OzGameShop.

First order from there so not sure how long its going to take to get here

I've read somewhere that the game difficulty changes depending on how much case investigation you do.

Linear story, I'm fine with... but if it holds your hand all the way through your cases, that'd be a game breaker.

I have read though, there's options for 'case music' -- where the music stops once all your clues have been found.

And there's another option that makes your character turn their head and look directly at things of interest.

If you turn both of those off, I imagine you're pretty much on your own, clue-wise.

By the sounds of it, it lets you progress even if you haven't found everything... making your investigations more difficult over the course of the game.

Have a read through this.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167736p1.html

Also IGN have a review up.

8.5 overall for both PS3, and 360, but the 360 scored a 7.5 for graphics, while the PS3 scored an 8, due to more graphical glitches and slowdown on the 360 from what I can tell.