Reb1rth.

L.A. Noire

Linear story, I'm fine with... but if it holds your hand all the way through your cases, that'd be a game breaker.

I completely agree but from a recent review it doesn't seem to be the case with LA Noire.

The chance of missing information isn't unique to the conversations. The most important thing to know about the investigations in L.A. Noire is that there's a relatively high degree of variability in the way a case plays out. You can't "fail" a case, per se; you'll always conclude it by nabbing someone--again, making an arrest is more important to most of these cops than discovering the truth--even if that someone isn't actually the right person. But the route you take to get there depends on all kinds of factors, like whether you noticed a crucial piece of evidence or not, or what order you chose to visit a list of locations on your agenda. I went back and played several cases again (the game lets you do this easily from a cases menu) and found several clues I had missed earlier, which allowed me to construct a stronger line of questioning and solve the cases more expeditiously than the first time around. A couple of times, I completed cases without even visiting every location or talking to every suspect, since I'd already gathered enough evidence to go after the perpetrator. It's ironic that the worse you perform, the more content you'll potentially see, but this flexibility helped me feel like I was doing my own casework instead of following a single, rigid "correct" path through each case.

http://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire/61-21500/reviews/

LA Noire is getting 90+ on gamerankings.com From what Brad says in the GB review there are "a few instances of... frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged".

Edited by King_TriTAN

Hah, so I can arrest the black guy EVERY TIME? Awesome.

Any reviews said anything about the play time yet? I'm hoping for 20+ hours at the very least.

Hah, so I can arrest the black guy EVERY TIME? Awesome.

Any reviews said anything about the play time yet? I'm hoping for 20+ hours at the very least.

" You play as straight-arrow LAPD detective Cole Phelps (Mad Men's Aaron Staton), cracking 21 cases in succession, most lasting 40 minutes to an hour." From Eurogamer.

Gametrailers video review was 10minutes long and super comprehensive.

They said it takes 15-20hours to finish (on memory).

The game seems very story driven more so than any previous rockstar game. How much you enjoy it will depend it seems on how much you appreciate the drama and acting, "You watch more than you play" - Gametrailers, and you cant draw your weapon whenever you like only in action scenes is your weapon taken out for you if you crash a car at any point you essentially lose experience when it reviews your case results at the end of each case so it seems they keep you on a tight leash with regards to how you play this game.

The gave it a 9.1 Overall.

Gametrailers video review was 10minutes long and super comprehensive.

They said it takes 15-20hours to finish (on memory).

The game seems very story driven more so than any previous rockstar game. How much you enjoy it will depend it seems on how much you appreciate the drama and acting, "You watch more than you play" - Gametrailers, and you cant draw your weapon whenever you like only in action scenes is your weapon taken out for you if you crash a car at any point you essentially lose experience when it reviews your case results at the end of each case so it seems they keep you on a tight leash with regards to how you play this game.

The gave it a 9.1 Overall.

Oh, that is rather different to the general GTA theme. :-(

Just emailed OzGameShop to cancel my order so I can pick it up on Thursday :-)

JB have on occasion put games out on the shelves the night before release day.

I'll just pick my copy up from Big W Thursday morning.

(Must finally finish Red Dead Redemption before then!)

Bowlen, on second thoughts, how did you go about cancelling it? I just noticed they do let you cancel, which I will do, just need to figure out where to do it or who to send an email to! Its only $18 more at JB, a price I can live with.

Bowlen, on second thoughts, how did you go about cancelling it? I just noticed they do let you cancel, which I will do, just need to figure out where to do it or who to send an email to! Its only $18 more at JB, a price I can live with.

I just found the email they sent me stating that my purchase has gone throgh, and replied to it asking to cancel & confirm asap, then refund

I went to contact us on their site, there was a form to put in details and order number and I just asked to cancel it there.

I went to contact us on their site, there was a form to put in details and order number and I just asked to cancel it there.

Perfect!

Ill try that too

bowlen - ozgameshop just confirmed my cancellation and said a refund would be with me shortly. I'm guessing it will be 2-3 days as it usually is with refunds from credit card purchases.

bowlen - ozgameshop just confirmed my cancellation and said a refund would be with me shortly. I'm guessing it will be 2-3 days as it usually is with refunds from credit card purchases.

I got the same confirmation and en email from paypal saying that I have been refunded :-)

Will be going to JB tomorrow afternoon to pick up the game

I got the same confirmation and en email from paypal saying that I have been refunded :-)

Will be going to JB tomorrow afternoon to pick up the game

In saying that, I wonder if it will have an early release today

My ozgameshop purchase still says 'paid, awaiting release date'

sadfase :(

My ozgameshop purchase still says 'paid, awaiting release date'

sadfase :(

That is why i cancelled my order. There is still the 4-10 working day time for it to ship to Aus.

Have my copy. Finally.

Went down to Big W at 830 & asked the bloke for a copy and he spent 20 minutes out back looking for it.

Came back and said the stock hadn't come in, but expected it later that day. So I say "Can you put one aside and I'll pick it up after work."

"No. We don't put stuff aside if it's on sale."

"Huh? So, I've waited 20 minutes for nothing and you're now telling me I have to come back later, and HOPE you haven't sold out?"

"Call before you come down."

"Don't fucking trouble yourself, mate. I'm sure someone else wants my eighty bucks."

Walked out, across the centre and got EB to price-match.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

Girlfriend is picking my copy up on her way home tonight. I have The Witcher 2 to play until then. Can't wait though. Let us know if its any good hector!

Bustnuts! REPORT!!

That will be all.

-A-

Edited by Ashlar

Just got my copy of the game.

will have to wait until im home before playing

Bustnuts! REPORT!!

That will be all.

-A-

I haven't played it yet!

:'(

Work's been kicking my arse this arvo.

Will be firing it up in about ten minutes, though.