morris

Asus Transformer

Maybe it's better that way. Some people are returning them because of light bleeding screen issues.

really? I haven't read anything about light bleed issues. Will have to look into that.

I think it was the Galaxy Tab (one of the 10 inch models. Not sure which one) was reported to have bleed issues. Hmmm...

I'm pretty disappointed.

It's failstorms like this that make other manufacturers attractive to consumers. Sure the bar may be set really low, but it's achievable.

Asus Australia have designed what is by all reports an excellent device (I had read about a couple of screen issues, but they were in the small percentage, and with a world wide warranty, I'm not worried), but they can't get them into consumer hands through ineptitude.

You've got to figure that there's something seriously wrong with a company that has consumers that want to buy it's products, but can't/won't allow them too.

So since it's price gouged here again. where will people be acquiring theirs from?

and perhaps some happy soul will try and do a group order from OS?

I've been part of the Ausdroid forums for a while too ;)

I saw that.

I have my own reasons for waiting for a local launch, but if that fails on the 31st as much as it has for today, I'll be looking at getting it from overseas.

Edited by morris

My boss is buying mine, as he owes me - But this does mean that I have to leave a certain amount of this in his hands to sort out...

I'd be very happy to buy from the US, and there are a few places that will happily ship to Australia, but postage is pretty expensive... and there seems to be varying degrees of pain with the forwarding companies :/

Even ignoring all that, stock has been very hard to come by in the US, so finding one, anywhere, is going to be tough :/

Also, as for Warranty, Asus have stated on numerous occasions on their Facebook wall that the Transformer has a Worldwide warranty, and irregardless of where you buy it, Asus Australia will handle the warranty.

My boss is buying mine, as he owes me - But this does mean that I have to leave a certain amount of this in his hands to sort out...

I'd be very happy to buy from the US, and there are a few places that will happily ship to Australia, but postage is pretty expensive... and there seems to be varying degrees of pain with the forwarding companies :/

Even ignoring all that, stock has been very hard to come by in the US, so finding one, anywhere, is going to be tough :/

Also, as for Warranty, Asus have stated on numerous occasions on their Facebook wall that the Transformer has a Worldwide warranty, and irregardless of where you buy it, Asus Australia will handle the warranty.

ASUS are a funny lot. I wanted to get a specific netbook ASUS EEE 1015PN ... and found everyone bar one company could get their hands on it. And this company imported the thing from Hong Kong in the first place. And why the 1015PN? It supports HDMI output which most EEE do not.

Edited by Jeruselem

Well if anyone finds somewhere cheap and reliable that they can order from. Let us know :)

Well if anyone finds somewhere cheap and reliable that they can order from. Let us know :)

cheap and reliable

The problem is word highlighted

Edited by Jeruselem

is it like the old business saying:

fast, cheap, reliable - Pick 2

Some of my suppliers at work are slow, overpriced and unreliable.

According to the ASUS FB page, one of my local Harvey Norman stores has it in stock.

If I call and they do... anybody want me to get one for them? :P

Two of them turned up at my workplace on Wednesday... didn't get a real close look at them, but they're an interesting concept.

Of course this sparked a discussion as to what the point was with tablet computers, which also wound up being a discussion of Microsoft Windows vs Linux vs Apple.

I bought one yesterday. 32GB with keyboard dock.

Posting from it right now

I bought one yesterday. 32GB with keyboard dock.

Posting from it right now

ok morris i'll bite. whats she like? inital thoughts on the good, the bad and the ugly?

how much you pay?

etc etc

Sad :-(

Morris is one of this planet's kind souls. We are the poorer for his absence.

Edited by Virtuoso

Sad :-(

Morris is one of this planet's kind souls. We are the poorer for his absence.

agreed :(