Sign in to follow this  
revenge

Dell E248WFP 24" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

For anyone interested, i just bought this monitor and have found it fantastic. very good for gaming. I'm loving the 24", so huge.

Pros

Huge screen

Fast response time for gaming (due to it being a TN panel)

Cons

Poor colours out of the box

Poor viewing angles (also due to the TN panelf)

Poor colours out of the box but once tweaked it is fantastic, I am running it off a Gainward 4870 so it runs well, I can definately recommend for anyone looking at a good 24" gaming screen.

Cheers,

revenge

I have one of these as my second monitor at work. Reasonable, although the viewing angle is poor, in that there's a visible variation in colour cast between the left (pinkish) and right (greenish) sides, that's viewing angle related (it hanges as you move your head from side to side) - you have to either sit far enough away, or not care for office apps.

true true, the viewing angle isn't all that bad, I was comparing it too my old viewsonic. but the colours though, blah, I don't understand why dell would ship a monitor out from the factory like that. I guess that's what you get with the budget models.

I have one that sits next to my 2707WFP, which is an UltraSharp and has amazing colour. I tweaked the 248 as well, looks pretty good to me. I got it for $280, so, uh, yeah, it was ridiculously cheap.

Dell ships them like that because that's just how monitors are. No-one as far as I know calilbrates out of the factory, it's just too hard, and ultimately is very subjective.

But if you're happy with it, and so am I, then it's good times. Dell made a good product, and when you tweak it yourself (just the same as you buy an Intel chip and OC the bejesus out of it) you get great bang for the buck.