Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
gabber

Gabber's Photos

Love Day 13, lack of depth of field adds something here and it almost looks ike a cartoon (ie drawing). Great lighting.

@ant ; Yah. Looking at it now, maybe an aperture f2.8/3.2ish to get the front of the dvd tray in focus as well would look better. I've still got another 300+ days to work on it :)

@TiM ; Thanks a lot. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's good to be using the macro lens so often lately with this 365 thing. It was gathering dust for too long beforehand.

Like that Terminator one. Whats the subject?

As a suggestion, I think you could do a nice poster with that type of imagery, and caption it "Going Skynet"

@Ant ; Do you mean 'subject' as in what I wrote on the Flickr description? If so, I was just referring to the Terminator bust. And thanks :)

@basket ; Thanks :)

I've never done the 'bleach bypass' post-process thing before but I think this one came up alright.

Posted Image

Day 26 Smokey Dan by unitTwo, on Flickr

@Ant ; Do you mean 'subject' as in what I wrote on the Flickr description? If so, I was just referring to the Terminator bust. And thanks :)

No I meant that you could use the Terminator model and take a few nice shots and use it as a poster, and caption it, stuff like "going skynet" etc...like one of those demotivational posters you see everywhere

lols. Thank you Mr.Twinkie. Muchly appreciated :)

This 365 project is kicking my arse though. Only 320+ days to go O_o

Cleaning up a cupboard and I came across this p&s I bought for my honeymoon back in 2006.

A whopping 4 megapixels with a 6x optical zoom (f2.8 to f3). Wicked. It came with a 128MB xD card too!

Posted Image

Day 43 Obsolete by unitTwo, on Flickr

This Sigma 30mm is still impressing me after a good while of ownership. This is wide open @f1.4 (and close to the MFD)...

Posted Image

Day 41 The Keyboard by unitTwo, on Flickr

my friend's got the same lens on his D90, really nice on crop bodies!

how's 365 project going? i tried it once and i gave up around this mark lol

There's been a few days where I've gotten home from work late and have thought about saying "stuff it". But I'm still persevering! I'm running out of cool things to photograph in my house though!

If I didn't have a macro lens I'd be screwed I think :)

Heh. Tis the post processing. I used the Nik plug-in in CS5 called 'Glamour Glow'. I toned down the sliders a bit till I was happy with it. So I prefer to think of it as 'soft focus' as opposed to 'out of focus' :)

Heh. Tis the post processing. I used the Nik plug-in in CS5 called 'Glamour Glow'. I toned down the sliders a bit till I was happy with it. So I prefer to think of it as 'soft focus' as opposed to 'out of focus' :)

OK gotcha.

Was it you who did a face shot of one of these pieces before, I think it had orange or yellow hair, and just the eye was in focus. That was fantastic, it felt like it had life. Can't find it now...