gabber

Gabber's Photos

It was a parting gift from my cousin in Romania when I left my holiday last year. His uncle received it upon graduating from Army Officers training during the Communist era. It's a ceremonial dagger for use when in full Officers getup. It looks cool as but isn't sharp at all. Strictly for show :)

It was a parting gift from my cousin in Romania when I left my holiday last year. His uncle received it upon graduating from Army Officers training during the Communist era. It's a ceremonial dagger for use when in full Officers getup. It looks cool as but isn't sharp at all. Strictly for show :)

cool. i wonder if it can take an edge...8-)

@Ant; Hmmm, I'd take my dremel to it, but I think I'd just end up trashing it!

@stash; Thanks. It took a few shots at different angles and f-stops to get it how I liked it. Lens used was the Sigma 30mm @f1.6 (@minimum focus distance too) with bounced light from an on-camera 580EX II Speedlite.

Nice Gabber! Love the contrast in your pics.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

looks sharp ;D

I started buying them at issue #2 =\

Would love to see your Atomic collection Ant :)

I started buying them at issue #2 =\

Would love to see your Atomic collection Ant :)

beat me by 1 issue, what's the greatest number of issues you can keep in focus?

Been busy lately. Still haven't caved in to the urge to quit the 365 yet. Woohoo.

My subject matter still hasn't gotten anymore exciting though =\

Posted Image

Day 110 Some Of The Show by Photo By GR, on Flickr

I really like how this one turned out. For such a boring photo, I'm surprised I like it so much...

Posted Image

Day 117 Ported by Photo By GR, on Flickr

Posted Image

Day 128 Munchkin At f1point4 by Photo By GR, on Flickr

So it's been a while since I've been using dslr gear for anything other than pics of the kids. So I thought 'fuck it', I'm attempting a 365 project again.

Posted Image

International Interior by Photo By GR, on Flickr

Looking at it now I should've fixed the centre air vents and had the wheel a bit straighter. Oh well. It's starting the process again that matters most:p

Nice tones. I wouldn't have noticed the wheel if you hadn't mentioned it. The blacked out windows looks kinda ominous...

By the way, Flickr is not showing in my FF browser...weird.

EDIT: flickr NOT showing....

Edited by Antraman

Cheers Ant. The black windows was a lazy mans choice of me not bothering to find a nice location for background so night time shot it is :) I also got to use the speedlite and my tripod is at a friends house!

Flickr is being a bit funny for me today on the pc (I use FF also).

Heya bb! Your street photos and such are looking really impressive since the couple of years since I lasted lurked this section :) Keep up the cool work.