gabber

Gabber's Photos

Heya bb! Your street photos and such are looking really impressive since the couple of years since I lasted lurked this section :) Keep up the cool work.

thanks dude! looking forward to seeing more of your photos as well!

That's nice. I would have liked a little more DOF, but it's better than any macro I can do ;) What lens are you using for this? It's got a nice soft blurring.

-X

Thanks Gen. I'll do another of the watch with more dof for another day down the line (only up to 13 of 365 atm :p). But this one was for day 10, so I tried to make the 10min mark the focal point ;) The lens used was a Canon 100mm f2.8 (non-L). I too am a fan of the bokeh of it.

I thought I'd try a small theme of a few days. Here are the first couple...

Posted Image

Prep Diff by Photo By GR, on Flickr

Posted Image

Rebuild Diff by Photo By GR, on Flickr

That's a fantastic image all round. Except for the car, which is a steaming pile of shit :P

Tho colour is amazing.

-X

Thanks peeps. Shame you dislike the badge on the car Gen :) I'll have to do another one with the Calais International then.

Sidenote ; I've been a very bad boy. When it arrives in the post (the wait is killing me), I'll be the proud owner of my dream lens, the f1.2 85L! It's all good, I squared it up the missus beforehand :P

Sidenote ; I've been a very bad boy. When it arrives in the post (the wait is killing me), I'll be the proud owner of my dream lens, the f1.2 85L! It's all good, I squared it up the missus beforehand :P

what body are you mounting it on?

My well used 500D. Kind of like putting a V10 Dodge Viper engine in a Civic :)

Glass before camera I say ;p The anticipation is killing me.

My well used 500D. Kind of like putting a V10 Dodge Viper engine in a Civic :)

Glass before camera I say ;p The anticipation is killing me.

awesome

time to move on to FF, that lens and FF combo is a cream machine :P

Maybe I might splurge on ff next year :) Though I'm always keeping an eye open for a 5D Classic (always wanted one) at a really good price ;p

Thanks peeps. Shame you dislike the badge on the car Gen :) I'll have to do another one with the Calais International then.

Colour me jealous! I'd love one of those 85mm's

How much did it set you back?

-X

I found a mint condition mkI on fleabay. Free postage from Korea for under $1400. I know it's not the mkII but apart from an af performance increase the optics are almost exactly the same. I'm also not too keen on spending over $2400 on a lens just yet :) Reading user reviews on fredmiranda has me mighty excited though ;p

Posted Image

Jek-14 by Photo By GR, on Flickr

Maybe I might splurge on ff next year :) Though I'm always keeping an eye open for a 5D Classic (always wanted one) at a really good price ;p

keep an eye out on the price of 6D, high ISO slightly better than 5D3, wifi is actually useful, should go lovely with your 85 :)

I've had a squiz at the cost of a body only (6D) and it is a damn reasonable price for what you get. I'm deliberately staying out of the loop of what is going on in the camera body dept, so as to stop the needless gear acquisition ;) Though a well priced 5D classic comes across my path and it will be mine!

Posted Image

BBQ TIE Style by Photo By GR, on Flickr