Sign in to follow this  
Darkmatter

:( I need a new mouse

Hello all :)

I need help as my current mouse is dieing logitech MX 618, I like this mouse its really comfy and has a good weight to it, its wireless too.

so really what I would like is the exact same mouse but different :).

wireless and heavy is what I'm after, but i can settle for a cord if you truly can't find a better mouse.

mainly gaming is the key here and price is all good.

I would go Logitech for the comfort, but Microsoft for build quality.

The MS X8 is great, but I put my hand on my old G5 the other day and it was a fair bit more comfy.

I have a Sharkoon FireGlider and I would have to say its the best mouse I have ever owned. It comes with weights (I left them all in for me as I like a heavy mouse) It is just great for gaming I cannot fault it or indeed its price.

Sharkoon FireGlider 3600DPI Gaming Laser Mouse Internet Price: $35.00

Here are the specs,

Features: •Laser mouse with 7 buttons (6 of them freely programmable)

•DPI switch with color display (6 steps)

•Weight tuning system (max. 19.5 g)

•On-board memory for macros

•Smooth running and finely adjustable scroll wheel

•Ergonomic design for convenient handling

•Special grip areas offering maximum hold

•Ideal for professional applications and gaming

•Supported operating systems: Windows 2000, XP, VISTA and 7 (32-/64-bit)

Specifications: •Max. DPI/CPI: 3600

•DPI/CPI stepping: 600 - 800 - 1200 - 1600 - 2000 - 3600

•Max. acceleration: 20 G

•Mouse weight max.: 135 g

•Mouse weight min.: 118 g

•Laser sensor: Agilent ADNS-6010

•Connector: USB (cable length: 1.8 m)

•Power input: 5V - 60 mA

•frame rate in fps: 7080 fps

•sampling rate in ips: 45 ips

•USB report rate in Hz: 500 Hz (full speed)

•key response time in ms: 3 ms~16 ms

Ive always thought this bad boy looks fun

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-...os/devices/7244

though onthing will ever get me to stop loving both my G9, or my Intelimouse Explorer.

Ones chunky and lets you know exactly where your hand is sitting, and one is just oldschoo beautiful. Light and precision.

EDIT: that fireglider i just saw on umart for like $30, looks kinda neat.

Edited by Master_Scythe

Also forgot to mention that the Logitech software sucks balls and is buggy as hell.

MS software however is solid.

I also need a new mouse, so took one look at the FireGlider and bought one. I'm not all that fussy when it comes to mice so for $35 why the hell not! I typically have used Logitech mice, my favorite being the old MX1000. My current (now dead) mouse is the MS X8, I can definitely recommend it if you're primarily gaming. It only died after a combo attack from baby and dog + long drop.

I want to have my X5's babies, its been my favourite mouse since I got it which was over 2 years ago.

I've had a few logitech mice before but I don't think the build quality is anywhere near as good as the MS. With the Logis I had the wheels and buttons stop working after less than 12 months, which annoyed me to no end. My X5 works as if its still brand new, the feet on it are proper slippery plastic rather than stickers so they haven't worn down at all in the time I've had it. I have fairly big hands and the X5 fits perfectly, its nice and heavy too which is fantastic, I used it at 400dpi on a razer goliathus control pad and I have better aims in all the FPS I play than I ever have before.

busi; no one uses the mouse software :P

Unless it has funky macro keys, and your game doesnt support directinput, you dont need it.

I'm talking about the macro keys.

Not just for games. I set the buttons just for Firefox. (left scroll = home, right scroll = click-newtab, middle click = ctrl+tab etc....)

No problems at all with the MS software. It just works.

On my G5 I had sensitivity increase and decrease set as page up and page down too.

Edited by bushi

busi; no one uses the mouse software :P

Unless it has funky macro keys, and your game doesnt support directinput, you dont need it.

Thats not true, you need it for the on the fly dpi changing if the mouse itself doesn't have its own rom or whatever to save its settings to, which is the case with some of their older mice, no idea about their new stuff though.

I've got two MX518s, one at home, one at the office. I can't fault them. Guessing that it'd be very similar to your dead MX618.

I'm not a clawer, but I have big hands, and they just fit right in the hand.

I've got a couple of MX5500 sets at home too, (one for HTPC, one for new über box); but for CS I prefer the MX518 and will swap it over to my gaming rig, (not that hard to unplug replug USB).

I avoid using the built in software.

One thing I have noticed with my mouse, is that while everyone complains about console ports having mouse smoothing and what not, it doesn't bother me when I'm using my mouse at 400dpi, it feels natural.

My missus is using a Razer DeathAdder which we replaced her MX518 with and it feels pretty damn nice. Little bit too light for my liking and the side buttons are a bit of a pain to press, but not a bad mouse overall.

Edited by NukeJockey

well thank for the great feed back but i think the winnar is the G700 with the bonus of wire or wireless (the added batteries gives a nice weight that i like in my G618)

and with the design similar i think will be the go thanks people.

Ive always thought this bad boy looks fun

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-...os/devices/7244

though onthing will ever get me to stop loving both my G9, or my Intelimouse Explorer.

Ones chunky and lets you know exactly where your hand is sitting, and one is just oldschoo beautiful. Light and precision.

EDIT: that fireglider i just saw on umart for like $30, looks kinda neat.

Yep I use a G700. Great mouse very sturdy easy to clean very comfy and you get them for under $100 on ebay.

I've got two MX518s, one at home, one at the office. I can't fault them. Guessing that it'd be very similar to your dead MX618.

I'm not a clawer, but I have big hands, and they just fit right in the hand.

+1

I just found out I can bring in my own kb and mouse to work, so I'm going to buy another MX518 asap.

Razer Impertartor is very nice, feels like the logitech's in the hand but with better res for the cost

Edited by Betzie