basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6's photos

another astro attempt, this time drove all the way out too Moogerah, so much better without the light pollution

had to wait in the cold for some rogue clouds to clear and deal with condensation on the lens throughout the night but was worth it in the end

also got to test out my new 16-35 f/4 IS for astro :P

really great shots, both with 30 secs exposures,, might try here sometime with my 10-20mm although the Northern Hemisphere is a shadow of the Southern...

Really liking that last shot in particular, the silhouettes of the mountains help give a nice sense of context and scale. The only thing I would do is to photoshop out the lights to the right of the frame, as I feel they detract from the clean lines of the mountains, and from the light of the stars as the main focal point. But regardless, a great set of shots :)

That really is spectacular. My only criticism is that the tree (or pole) near the centre of the frame is a little distracting, but this is a minor complaint. The composition is fantastic - the subdued left half of the image draws the eye to the brightest point in the arch, leading the viewer over to the lights on the horizon, and the silhouettes of the right side. Excellent work :)

thanks guys :)

continuing on with my recent foray into astro, tried something ambitious last night

17 images shot vertically stitched together to make this pano at Moogerah

Absolutely amazing - great photography.

Hey freak, you might like to check out the iceinspace forums. It's an aussie astronomy group with quite a few astrophotographers.

Hey freak, you might like to check out the iceinspace forums. It's an aussie astronomy group with quite a few astrophotographers.

that's awesome smenkhare, thanks for the heads up!

And again, great shots!

I think the composition of the vertical shot is stronger - the rocks on the shore feel like more of a deliberate inclusion, and I prefer how the light casts over them. But the horizontal shot has those clouds to the right, which look *amazing*, and help give a greater sense of direction and depth to the shot. The colours of both are excellent. I'd maybe try a combination of cropping and the content-aware patch tool on the landscape shot, to remove the rocks. That aside, excellent work :)

thanks mate...i got there too late, was only parking car and running down to lake like 5 minutes before sunset time...also that forgot to take mountain range into account so sun was already gone, would've liked more time to think about my composition lol

some photos from my trip to Taiwan, didn't get as much chance to take photos this time and when I did weather was crappy (yet saw quite a few really nice sunsets on days I didn't go shoot), oh well

15048109097_4435ff6170_b.jpgView of Taipei City from 象山 (Elephant Mountain) by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15231515111_6b35a15c6a_b.jpgView of Taipei City from 象山 (Elephant Mountain) by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15231565231_4ddb7b3a6a_b.jpgSunset at 日月潭 (Sun Moon Lake) by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15234255792_fcdc2da9c0_b.jpgSunset at 日月潭 (Sun Moon Lake) by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Edited by basketballfreak6

Sun Moon Lake shots are really nice.

Nice to see some photos other than food on your FB timeline :P

Edited by The Tick
  • Like 1

something different...photos of my recent acquisition, pair of Alessandro MS PROe headphones, they're my dream headphones, only procrastinated on them for like almost 3 years lol...

15191332593_50f2342b81_b.jpgAlessandro MS PROe by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15810775295_cdfb8a40e7_b.jpgAlessandro MS PROe by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15191308913_858517c8bf_b.jpgAlessandro MS PROe by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15625565887_44e6cecd14_b.jpgAlessandro MS PROe by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Nice cans! Was tempted to get a pair myself.

thanks dude!

got it from minidisc.com.au for $729 free shipping, considering how bad aussie dollar is right now and that it's using the new e series drivers just couldn't hold back myself any longer lol

i have to admit i received great service from minidisc.com.au as well, first time i've used them, highly recommended

got a visiting uncle from overseas, took him to Buddina up Sunshine Coast to see sunrise (almost didn't make it in time, wasn't anticipating all the road works) before going hiking up Mt Ngungun

15410237344_bf22048f9d_b.jpgBuddina (dolphin rock) sunrise by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15412859413_61d24b7f77_b.jpgMount Ngungun Summit by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

15412846723_53a1d4f417_b.jpgMount Ngungun Summit (with uncle) by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Back there again. Gotta head out there with you sometime.

Should try some slow shutter work with those clouds?

• Like 1