basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6's photos

Back there again. Gotta head out there with you sometime.

Should try some slow shutter work with those clouds?

yea man come up again soon!

handheld, was already carrying like about 8kg on my back, cbf'ed taking tripod up with me hahaha, also i don't think i have strong enough ND to drag the shutter that long...assuming you are talking about pic on top of Mt Ngungun lol

Edited by basketballfreak6

I always thought you were a bit of a wimp :P

lol you ass

you know what really sucks, first time i went up i brought my heavy ass 70-200 with me hoping to get some birds, i hear them alright but they were so far up i couldn't even see them, but saw butterflies and these horseflies i want to shoot but didn't have my macro gear, so this time i bring my macro gear (flash and all) and not my 70-200 and i see a couple birds that i've never seen before and ones i suspect don't let you get close fly close enough to me where if i had my 70-200 i would've gotten decent shot of them, but didn't see any of the bugs i saw last time i was at the summit, fml

Edited by basketballfreak6

Haha. Serves you right for having really good but heavy gear.

Could have used your uncle as a sherpa though.

You said 8 Kilos. I would have thought your camera, wide angle, zoom and macro would have come in at that. I was just shy of 8 kilos onboard for the trip to Iceland with 16-35, 70-200, 24-105 & 50mm.

first time out at this location after reading about the sunflower plantation, absolutely beautiful place in the country side

struggled quite a bit trying to get decent composition due to the way the flowers were planted vs where the nicest part of sky/sun is setting today, and that the flowers were tall, like almost my height haha, winds + slow shutter didn't make it any easier, the 300km return drive was worth it though, beautiful place

15899892770_2e87c0a447_b.jpgon this beautiful summer afternoon... by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

I like it but there is something very bizarre and disconcerting about this shot. I quite like the seascape one from the 16th though.

I like it but there is something very bizarre and disconcerting about this shot. I quite like the seascape one from the 16th though.

thanks man! yea i think it's due to the composition itself, if you look carefully enough you can probably tell the "line" in which the flowers were planted, i tried to hide it as much as i can with composition but there was only so much i could do, if only i could move the sky lol...

I so want to move closer to the ocean ... new years resolution perhaps.

Love your work as always.

thanks man! i am already jealous the fact that you live in melbourne lol

got my arse went taking the shot thanks to a few rogue waves and rising tide, car drive home was definitely not pleasant lol

• Like 1

That last dragonfly, those eyes wow. The sunrise pic, how did you make the waves look like that? I mean is that how it was captured, almost looks like fog its crazy neat!

That last dragonfly, those eyes wow. The sunrise pic, how did you make the waves look like that? I mean is that how it was captured, almost looks like fog its crazy neat!

hey thanks man! had to get real close too for them demsel/dragonflies, like lens was cm's away lol

with the waves, long exposure on a tripod, for something like that couple seconds shutter speed is generally enough, took that same shot over and over many times tho to get the timing right/kind of wave i wanted

but yea that shot pretty much came out of camera like that, i just do minor raw editing/touchups after that