basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6's photos

thanks guys :)

if i could get some opinions, here is a pic i took awhile ago...do you guys think it's print worthy? trying to get a beach print for a friend...this one is not fancy or pretty colour like a sunset or sunrise but it just feels...peaceful when i look at it, that's why i like it personally...what you guys reckon? print/frame worthy? or should i look for something else...i would love the audiences' point of view :)

Posted Image

Yeah definitely print worthy. A very nice shot, especially if the original is sharp and bears scrutiny after enlarging.

thanks guys, since it's for a gift no good if i think it looks ok and everyone else think it looks crap haha

really appreciate the feedback

also, anyone got suggestions for a title for that pic? i do feel kinda peaceful when i look at it...hence i gave it "tranquility" (can't think of a better word lol) but couple friends pointed out that the waves don't exactly spell tranquility...lol

Antraman: you should print some! Makes it feel "real" instead all just digital and on your screen

Genesis: you in Brisbane? I use photo continental used them for prints few time now find quality quite good!

Edit: and it was 18x12" print

Edited by basketballfreak6

Yeah, I will get around to printing some. I've found these guys to be really good - did a couple of test prints with them recently. You can download their java applet and it allows you to order sizes, paper and quantities etc with an online interface then upload the tiffs or jpgs, with any instructions, and they will have it printed next day.

I haven't tried photocontinental for printing, are they any good? I just go in and borrow their lenses to play around with, or look at stuff...

yep i know about those guys, my friend's tried them before and they are definitely cheaper than photo continental

only reason i haven't used them myself is because they don't seem to do the matte print, closest they got is like this matte-gloos which is their 'lustre' print i think but i like straight matte better (saw friend's prints)

which is a shame because they are noticeably cheaper than photo continental, but so far i've definitely been happy with the prints from PC tho, i was mucking around on their website and i think they allow online upload now too like the other guys

Nah dude, I'm in Vietnam at the moment ;)

-X

=.=

lol ok, when you are NOT in vietnam are you in brisbane ;)

I don't know where I'm going to end up when I'm back in Aus. I'm coming back in march fro my brothers wedding and then will probably go back to asia or to NZ. So no. :P

-X

got up nice and early for sunrise at Redcliffe and was a complete fail, so started trying to do BIF with my 100mm lens lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

was actually pretty proud to catch a swallow, those buggers fly fast

wish i had a telephoto lens XD

I don't think you could do much better with that swallow, amazing its in focus and you where fast enough to track it, nice work.