basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6's photos

hey guys, my first attempt at trying to do some portraits, feel free to tell me what's wrong lol

Posted Image

Nothing wrong with this one, for sure. Very nice. Good composition, interesting subject, a very nice atmosphere to it...this is print worthy.

thanks guys :)

@Antraman, want to start doing some portraits aye, been doing nothing but landscape lol, need to learn lighting better, should really catch up one day when both of us are free for a shoot and what not

@Antraman, want to start doing some portraits aye, been doing nothing but landscape lol, need to learn lighting better, should really catch up one day when both of us are free for a shoot and what not

Yeah why not. Bring some girls!

Yeah why not. Bring some girls!

i was hoping you would! lol

bastard! Beat me to it. I was there tonight at Waterfront on security detail (other side of the bridge by the looks of it...)

Sadly I couldn't take my Nikon, but I grabbed a shot with my iPhone after the brouhaha died down...pic added to my photo thread...8-)

Edited by Antraman

lol yea just saw your pic, i was on wilson outlook side, but mate me and my friends met this biggest douchebag this side of brisbane's ever seen, calls himself a pro can't be bothered to retype out whole thing so just going to copy and paste what i wrote on another forum:

so I went to Riverfire today, which was annual firework over the river in Brisbane, we got there very early in the day to get spots so decided to start taking photos during the day and this "professional photographer" he claims to be saw me and my friend had our lee grad nd filters on and told us that we shouldn't be using nd filters (failed to recognise that it was a grad nd) but a cpl instead (even tho i was using the tokina 11-16 ultra wide angle AND it was a very bright contrasty scene) and commented on how choosing the "right equipments" is important, like for example he would never use the Sigma 30mm 1.4 I had in my hands because Sigma lenses are all **** (even though as far as i am aware the 30 and 50mm 1.4's are quite well regarded amongst photographers especially for the price), he told me he shoots landscape with his 10-22L (lol, really? there is a 10-22L? and he had a 5D2 in his hand), he asked us if we were pros i said no just shoot for fun he said "so what do you boys do when you're not pretending to be photographers", when a photographer for local paper came to take photo of us he asked the photographer to caption all of us as part of his "workhop" even though we had no idea who he was, has to be one of the biggest douche bag i met

for someone that shoots landscapes with a "10-22L" lens on a 5d2 and who thinks cpl on an ultra wide angle lens when the sky is super bright is better than my lee gnd i feel sorry for the "students" that he takes on his "landscape workshops"

igor: massive douche indeed, he just keeps coming over and trying to tell us things and comment on how we shoot, but then says "oh was just trying to ask you boys questions, not trying to tell you what to do or you guys are wrong, don't mean to sound condenscending or anything, but you know if you get free advice you take it right?" it was unbelievable, like something's missing in his head

fam: we were trying to be really polite, when he initially arrived we even gave some space so he was able to fit in his tripod, even though we had to get there real early just so we can get some space ourselves (arrived at midday when fireworks starts at 7), but then he shameless forces in more tripods saying it's for his students that are coming to his workshop bit later, so yea, really took a lot of willpower to stay polite and not tell off the douche

what me and my friends found amusing was, when i was discussing why i was using the gnd with him instead of using a cpl (ie, scene was too contrasty, i wanted to get foreground as well as sky so cpl wasn't going to do it) he just looked at me and said "i disagree" in a condenscending tone and tries to show me his photos of sunsets with his cpl (and yep, you guessed it, no foreground just the sky) so i showed him some of my landscapes i've done with the gnd and when he saw it he got all quiet and said "yea it's not bad" and next thing i know he took off his cpl and whacked on his cokin gnds...

I would have asked to see his 10-22L.

What a cock. All the gear and no idea. I know people who shoot awesome landscape photos on a fucking Iphone. AFAIC it doesn't matter what gear you have. The most important piece of photography equipment is grey, squishy and lives between your ears.

Also the portrait of the girl crossing her arms with her head on her hands is awesome.

-X

thanks Genesis, how's the trip, where are you now still in vietnam?

I'm in Savannakhet, Laos atm. It is the sleepiest place in the known universe. I'll be leaving tomorrow night for Veintiane and then onto Veng Vieng to mix copious amounts of alcohol with the wet season Meekong. I may or may not die. ;)