King_TriTAN

Modern Warfare 3

I like how the weapon unlock system is - the same as BF3 basically.

It's just a pity about the maps and the overall feel of the gunplay.

The worst part about what they've done; and Foods mentioned it before, is they've tried slowing the pace of the game down by slowing down your movement speed considerably. But they've also decreased the map size by about half on average, and made them a lot tighter, which speeds the game up. So nothing really has changed as far as speed goes.

Woah that does look the same brings back memories of MW2...So happy I bought BF3 graphically so much better and so much more to do. Along with the fact there is a point to having a sniper and an rpg.

Woah that does look the same brings back memories of MW2...So happy I bought BF3 graphically so much better and so much more to do. Along with the fact there is a point to having a sniper and an rpg.

lol should of played MW and MW2 with me as sniper on HQ matches ;) was not uncommon for me to get 50+ kills defending the HQ on some maps, that overgrown farm map on COD4 and the trainyard one on MW2 being my best maps.

sniping in BF games just feels to slow compared to COD games but then again I never made a great long range sniper I was more in your face acog scope kind of sniper.

Edited by nesquick

I never made a great long range sniper I was more in your face acog scope kind of sniper.

Soooooooooooooo not a sniper then, just an assault guy with a sniper rifle.

I never made a great long range sniper I was more in your face acog scope kind of sniper.

Soooooooooooooo not a sniper then, just an assault guy with a sniper rifle.

I dunno I'd class a sniper as someone with the capability of shooting extreme range, but assault players win games not campers so maybe I was an assault player since I was always moving around trying to get the HQ.

don't get me wrong I was also a good shot at range with the barret and M40 (think its called M40?) I just get bored doing the whole camping thing.

edit: thinking about COD4 makes me sad that no MP game since has given me the same level of enjoyment or offered the level of refinement and gameplay mechanics that particular game did.

Edited by nesquick

never really played COD4 online, played the campaign finished it within a night and was disappointed so returned it...Back then had no internet connection so was mainly interested in the campaign and replayability.

COD:MW2 was my main COD I've ever played supposedly not the best with the server issue but meh decent graphics and it in a way was a more even battle field then Tom Clancy's Vegas 2 which I was playing being and owning all the noobs...Although there never was many noobs in the MP but damn was it good being able to use cover properly.

Good camping snipers can win a game especially in rush or defending an objective, especially if the map is tunneled in a part towards an objective you sit at one end and snipe them all as they come rushing towards you.

Too bad there isn't a .50 cal in BF3 be able to properly take out choppers and planes with a sniper would be good and damn would you feel good after making a shot like that. Haven't had the chance to snipe a pilot out of a heli coming an me firing everything its got in a while.

never really played COD4 online, played the campaign finished it within a night and was disappointed so returned it...Back then had no internet connection so was mainly interested in the campaign and replayability.

kids these days...

you missed out on the awesome guns like the M40, AK47, G3, M60, AK74U, MP5 and M16.

plus all the maps that had excellent design.

Edited by nesquick

I'll tell you what, after playing the multiplayer for a while now, I have to say it's absolutely more refined than previous versions of CoD MW.

I'm glad to see the credits system is gone, it felt like it was a cheap way to get what you want, but with MW3 you have to use the weapons to get what you want in terms of attachments etc. Not play the game, get credits and then buy what you want.

Survival mode is cool as well, personally my best so far is wave 13, and playing over Xbox Live is a must. Good bloody luck going "Lone Wolf" here. It won't get you very far.

Overall, the multiplayer is a very fulfilling experience, very enjoyable and hard to put down. I'll be playing this for a while to come.

I'll occasionally jump back into the campaign, but multiplayer is where it's at.

Oh and about CoD Elite. Fuck it.

I'm not interested in getting to personally know where all my kill-zones are on a map. Besides, I just want to play the game as it's intended. Not go on a bloody stats spree.

You playing on PC mate?

Anyone playing on 360 wanna add me to xbox live? NukeJockey

Playing on Xbox Live. Also beat my best survival level as well. Up to level 21 :)

So the Nuke gets a makeover in MW3. Gentlemen I present to you the M.O.A.B.

What happened to indiscriminate bombs?

That sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it? If it doesn't kill you too?

Playing on Xbox Live. Also beat my best survival level as well. Up to level 21 :)

Add me to xbox live so we can play. gamertag is nukejockey.

Well I got given a PS3 copy of this as an early birthday presant a few days ago. Was a perfect gift as it's something that I will use and get a cretain level of enjoyment out of but I would never have paid for a copy just on pricipal.

After giving it a bash and completing the story and sinking maybe 7 hours into the multi I can only say that I'm fucking disgusted this game was even made and even more disgusted that it will probably be the biggest seller this year. I know that it's been said again and again that it's basically a map pack but untill you actually experience it for yourself those are just words.

The story. Meh , who really cares though. The multi is MW2 with a few tweaks. It looks EXACTLY the same, and I mean that in more ways than one. For a start it's the same engine with no tweaking or polish. Apart from that there's the reuse of almost every structure from the previous games. I know recycling buildings, skins etc is common practice but this game just takes it too far. I can't walk 5 meters without seeing something that's just been ripped straight out of MW1 or 2. Fucking lazy and pathetic.

The maps are shit for the most part. I wont go into why, that been covered more than a few times. The only thin that has been added that I can honestly say I'm enjoying is Kill Confirmed. It's a fun take on TDM and I've enjoyed playing it.

So yeah, at the risk of repeating myself and almost every person who has played this game, it's a fucking map pack, and not a good one. It was a gift but I'm thinking about taking it back to EB, may mates will return it without a recipt. I'm just not sure if I even want this piece of shit in my house.

Fuck you Infinity Ward. Fuck you Sledgehammer. You bunch of lazy ass cash grabbing cunts, die in a fire and go to gamers hell. And fuck you most of all Activision.

Edited by disolusiond

Fuck you Infinity Ward. Fuck you Sledgehammer. You bunch of lazy ass cash grabbing cunts, die in a fire and go to gamers hell. And fuck you most of all Activision.

Posted Image

Well I got given a PS3 copy of this as an early birthday presant a few days ago. Was a perfect gift as it's something that I will use and get a cretain level of enjoyment out of but I would never have paid for a copy just on pricipal.

After giving it a bash and completing the story and sinking maybe 7 hours into the multi I can only say that I'm fucking disgusted this game was even made and even more disgusted that it will probably be the biggest seller this year. I know that it's been said again and again that it's basically a map pack but untill you actually experience it for yourself those are just words.

The story. Meh , who really cares though. The multi is MW2 with a few tweaks. It looks EXACTLY the same, and I mean that in more ways than one. For a start it's the same engine with no tweaking or polish. Apart from that there's the reuse of almost every structure from the previous games. I know recycling buildings, skins etc is common practice but this game just takes it too far. I can't walk 5 meters without seeing something that's just been ripped straight out of MW1 or 2. Fucking lazy and pathetic.

The maps are shit for the most part. I wont go into why, that been covered more than a few times. The only thin that has been added that I can honestly say I'm enjoying is Kill Confirmed. It's a fun take on TDM and I've enjoyed playing it.

So yeah, at the risk of repeating myself and almost every person who has played this game, it's a fucking map pack, and not a good one. It was a gift but I'm thinking about taking it back to EB, may mates will return it without a recipt. I'm just not sure if I even want this piece of shit in my house.

Rage more?

I think the opposite, just hired it on xbox and finished it just before, while the story was short (~6hours) it was well executed and fun to play, the guns were all good to use, there was the odd quicktime event but not terrible like the ones in BF3 that made me want to break something, there was a good mix of locations and mission styles, the music was good, the voice acting was good and overall I just really liked playing the single player and seeing the final chapter of MW.

you can't go into a COD game expecting it to be something its not though and I can see why the game will sell more copies than BF3 it just has more mass appeal and its just imitative rather than innovative, most people will go along for the ride and seriously enjoy it since its just like a really long Hollywood movie.

you can't go into a COD game expecting it to be something its not though and I can see why the game will sell more copies than BF3 it just has more mass appeal and its just imitative rather than innovative, most people will go along for the ride and seriously enjoy it since its just like a really long Hollywood movie.

Agreed. I have generally only got COD for SP (except I put a lot of hours into the original COD and cod 2 at lans and onliine and Cod4 online). Having said that Blops was an absolute disgrace on any level and a true blight upon humanity and has resoundingly put me off buying a cod game ever again. Shame as I enjoyed the Cod4 and MW2 SP. Maybe when it is MUCH cheaper.

black ops started off good then got long winded by the end, by contrast I enjoyed MW3 through every mission and I don't know about others but the story was really well done and gave you the feeling the Russians were giving the west a good ass fucking (even though I knew you save it in the end)

Edited by nesquick

Is the COD vs's Battle field shit fight really relivent to the thread?

Perhaps it should have its own thread? COD VS BF "your thoughts and feelings on a pretend game were in your brain you think your saving the world but in the end your still fat"

lol how about the fact that they are having a civil discussion and doing so politely (hardly what I would call a shit fight) and then mudg3 the thread police comes in starts swearing and condescending ppl.

That does wonders for the thread.

Perhaps there should be a thread called "Feeling small? Pick a fight in here"

Not quiet, I dont care in the end Its just this thread has turned into a Battle field thread instead of a "check out the new stuff in mw3"

Take it how ever you want man.

Conversations like these make threads really interesting to comment on. lol

I've been a big CS fan ever since, although I play with BF from time to time. If I were to choose between new generations of COD and BF then I would definitely choose COD.

I couldn't say if MW3 is better than BF3 because it all depends on the gamer. Nobody could blame hardened gamers to compare these two games.

Well I had some playtime out of the MW3 me and my friend bought together off intkeys.

Finished the campaign in 3 hours... on normal. Gotta say this is the easiest campaign of the MW series. But also the most frantic. There are some cool set-pieces and action scenes that would make Michael Bay orgasm but overall to me it was a OK story. Ending... was kinda disappointing though, i wished their was a coda or something more...

Multiplayer.....dear me. Most of the maps are now more claustrophobic than ever. You can get in so many direct kill zones in such tighter areas. :/ It is still fun though. Refreshing shooter from BF3 although BF3 is still my champ.

Snipers rifles are almost redundant and LMGs are redundant. Assault Rifles and SMGs are the way to go. One guy even believes SMGs are the only viable thing in MW3 cause of the map design. http://lowpings.net/gamingnews/call-of-dut...ly-one-gun.html

Appreciated the Kill Confirmed and Survival.

Glad I only paid 15 bucks for it. :)