King_TriTAN

Modern Warfare 3

CoD5 does lose all the feel of 2 and 4. It's still fun, but in a generic shooter way. Chopping people up with the shotgun and LMGs is always fun. Has bayonets! I always want this in WW2 games, but they never have them. I bet there are 'bayonet only' battles online.

CoD5 does lose all the feel of 2 and 4. It's still fun, but in a generic shooter way. Chopping people up with the shotgun and LMGs is always fun. Has bayonets! I always want this in WW2 games, but they never have them. I bet there are 'bayonet only' battles online.

Go play Day of Defeat or Battlegrounds 2 (source mod set in the civil war, bayonets and swords abound!)

Infinity Ward have uploaded 4 teaser videos outlining the different regions that the player will most likely play in the campaign at some point or another

America:

England:

France:

Germany:

There is some Russian dialogue at the end of each video, but here is a rough translation of each one;

America : "One, destroy the enemy's hopes for victory"

England : "Two, use everything to your advantage"

France : "Three, attack from unexpected sides"

Germany : "Four, attack your enemy's weakness"

I'd say in the lead up to the release of this game there is going to be some pretty big fireworks between Activision and Electronic Arts in regards to trying to prove who has the better game, however having seen now some crappy teaser trailers vs BF3's 12mins of in game footage plus loads of other info regarding gameplay and Frostbite 2 I'd feel confident in saying which one I am more interested in atm.

COD began and ended with MW, the rest have been rather shit, I can't wait for BF3, it's going to shit all over the COD-MW series, a month after it comes out, no one will even remember the nightmares of MW2/BO.

COD began and ended with MW, the rest have been rather shit, I can't wait for BF3, it's going to shit all over the COD-MW series, a month after it comes out, no one will even remember the nightmares of MW2/BO.

MW2 wasn't bad.

Who didn't love getting the mini nuke and taunting people with it?

MW2 wasn't bad.

Lol MW2 was good. Multi was fun aswell if it had dedicated servers then it would have been sweet. Remember the days of us going M21 and intervention at the start?

I will say that, SP MW2 > SP BC2, in my opinion. Activision is throwing a lot of developers into MW3, the CEO Chris someone claimed that they're games are now the most innovative around, I wonder if he's referring to MW3. It might just be more of the same but I'm really curious to see what they do.

What about the first 2 games? They're still some of the best examples of basic shooters there is.

Charging up that hill to Stalingrad in the first game, without a gun, while getting strafed by fighters and machinegunners, acting as bait for an ally sniper. That was probably the best FPS experience I've ever had.

The second game also has some highly impressive moments. For instance the opening of the US campaign, storming the beach and taking the German positions. That feels huge! It feels like a real battlefield, until you realise it's actually only a few small battles joined together with a bunch of pre-programmed events happening in the background. But still. And the assault of Hill 400 followed by holding off the counter attack is intense! It feels a bit basic now, but a few years ago, it was amazing.

I'd say in the lead up to the release of this game there is going to be some pretty big fireworks between Activision and Electronic Arts in regards to trying to prove who has the better game, however having seen now some crappy teaser trailers vs BF3's 12mins of in game footage plus loads of other info regarding gameplay and Frostbite 2 I'd feel confident in saying which one I am more interested in atm.

Yep, my money is already spent. Well not literally. I think you can preorder. But whatever. BF3 is about the only game I've been truly excited for, for a very long time.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

What about the first 2 games? They're still some of the best examples of basic shooters there is.

Charging up that hill to Stalingrad in the first game, without a gun, while getting strafed by fighters and machinegunners, acting as bait for an ally sniper. That was probably the best FPS experience I've ever had.

The second game also has some highly impressive moments. For instance the opening of the US campaign, storming the beach and taking the German positions. That feels huge! It feels like a real battlefield, until you realise it's actually only a few small battles joined together with a bunch of pre-programmed events happening in the background. But still. And the assault of Hill 400 followed by holding off the counter attack is intense! It feels a bit basic now, but a few years ago, it was amazing.

Totally agree with you man. Unadulterated awesome.

MW2 wasn't bad.

Lol MW2 was good. Multi was fun aswell if it had dedicated servers then it would have been sweet. Remember the days of us going M21 and intervention at the start?

Yeah for some reason the presentation of the multiplayer in MW2 was still actually pretty darn addictive. Well more addictive then black ops. I really wonder why, is is the different color contrast? different map design? different interface... who knows.

It was for me quite a fun guilty pleasure.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Totally agree with you man. Unadulterated awesome.

yep and yep

MW2 wasn't bad.

heh yea so many good memories though M21>intervention :P

There's some massive leaks featuring the game's multiplayer maps and guns, spec op and survival mode maps and missions along with the Campaign's whole bloody storyline told. There's even model designs. The sources links on the bottom of the article will lead you to all the juice.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/13/modern-warfare-3-leak/

Hope they get some different weapons this time round.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

sounds like a carbon copy of BF3.

all they need to do is just string together a totally unbelievable storyline and people will still buy it for the online pew pew they can have with their mates over xbox live.

Edited by nesquick

sounds like a carbon copy of BF3.

all they need to do is just string together a totally unbelievable storyline and people will still buy it for the online pew pew they can have with their mates over xbox live.

Lol Agreed.

pffft please, MW is way more engaging than BF

I never bought BC2 for the SP though, its fun but the storyline is kind of lol at the best of times, I have logged like 400+ hours on BC2 multiplayer nad maybe 20 on SP. Edited by nesquick

I never bought BC2 for the SP though, its fun but the storyline is kind of lol at the best of times, I have logged like 400+ hours on BC2 multiplayer nad maybe 20 on SP.

I started playing BC2 SP the other day, when I got it on Steam for $6.80. It feels exactly like CoD4, which isn't a compliment. Way to rip them off guys. An on-rails shooting section where a chopper shows up and you go through a tunnel? Come on...

Looking forward to trying the MP though, when I get a chance.

I never bought BC2 for the SP though, its fun but the storyline is kind of lol at the best of times, I have logged like 400+ hours on BC2 multiplayer nad maybe 20 on SP.

I started playing BC2 SP the other day, when I got it on Steam for $6.80. It feels exactly like CoD4, which isn't a compliment. Way to rip them off guys. An on-rails shooting section where a chopper shows up and you go through a tunnel? Come on...

Looking forward to trying the MP though, when I get a chance.

Its supposed to :P

Yea it doesn't hide the fact it rips COD off big time then exits after throwing a few drinks in COD's face, like I said though no one bought it for the SP, anyway this is a thread about MW3 so make with the COD talk, reminisce over many a good LAN with your mates or how big your best streak is ect ect.

Edited by nesquick

Should probably go back and play the SP in all the CODs, every one I've bought since the original I've basically jumped straight into MP and forgotten there's an SP component lol.

Original COD and MW / MW2 would be up there with some of the best MP experiences I've had; probably next to CSS, UT2004, Q3:TA and Q3:RA.

BLOPs is ok but BC2 is more worth the effort right now.

Play the CODs are an arcade shooter like Nuke said and you'll enjoy it, don't be lookin' for realism, because it ain't there, especially on hardcore modes. It's just fast-paced fun. Hoping that doesn't change with MW3. :)

This will be another gooden.

Yea it doesn't hide the fact it rips COD off big time then exits after throwing a few drinks in COD's face, like I said though no one bought it for the SP, anyway this is a thread about MW3 so make with the COD talk, reminisce over many a good LAN with your mates or how big your best streak is ect ect.

My biggest streak was against bots in a mod, something like seventy kills.