Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
King_TriTAN

Modern Warfare 3

I find the SP in MW 1 and 2 pretty enjoyable.

Its just that if you get too cynical with analyzing its plausibility then you'll start viewing it black and white. It's just good old junkie Hollywood fun with a plot twist for me.

It does lack deep character development and dramatization for what world war 3 can provide but hey you cant expect too much of a video game's story where its focus is multiplayer and gameplay.

It's still a jolly fun story to get involved in.

if you want character development go try band of brothers, it just uses WW2 as the patchwork to tell the story of a group of soldiers not the soldiers to tell of a ww3 story.

Its just that if you get too cynical with analyzing its plausibility then you'll start viewing it black and white. It's just good old junkie Hollywood fun with a plot twist for me.

It does lack deep character development and dramatization for what world war 3 can provide but hey you cant expect too much of a video game's story where its focus is multiplayer and gameplay.

if you want character development go try band of brothers, it just uses WW2 as the patchwork to tell the story of a group of soldiers not the soldiers to tell of a ww3 story.

Yeah once had a watch of it on Foxtel.

Good stuff.

Yeah once had a watch of it on Foxtel.

Good stuff.

I have the dvd box set, well worth the $40 cause its probably the best tv series to ever air.

would I be wrong in saying this is the first BF game where the SP storyline actually is being taken seriously? like I know in the past you only bought BF games for the multiplayer much like Counter strike back in the day, dunno if anyone played the SP missions on that but they were pretty bad, just seems to me EA is trying for a 2 pronged attack on the COD franchise one on its SP gameplay and the other on its MP gameplay.

From memory the SP was essentially the MP (conquest) with Bots.

CoD characters are just randoms you have no idea what they've done who they are or where they come from.

Are you sure? The same characters have been in MW and MW2.

I can only remember the names Soap and Moustache (dont think Moustache was his real name though but his likeness however appears in a bunch of those COD games irc...)

soap, mctavish and price your thinking of.

Captain Price was in the first COD game. And COD 2 . . .

would I be wrong in saying this is the first BF game where the SP storyline actually is being taken seriously? like I know in the past you only bought BF games for the multiplayer much like Counter strike back in the day, dunno if anyone played the SP missions on that but they were pretty bad, just seems to me EA is trying for a 2 pronged attack on the COD franchise one on its SP gameplay and the other on its MP gameplay.

From memory the SP was essentially the MP (conquest) with Bots.

CoD characters are just randoms you have no idea what they've done who they are or where they come from.

Are you sure? The same characters have been in MW and MW2.

I can only remember the names Soap and Moustache (dont think Moustache was his real name though but his likeness however appears in a bunch of those COD games irc...)

soap, mctavish and price your thinking of.

Captain Price was in the first COD game. And COD 2 . . .

And Mw1 and Mw2.

Not too excited for Cod. Feels the same as mw 2 probably because of the engine.

I will say that while MWF3 doesn't appeal to me very much it isn't so much because of the engine choice, it's more from the perspective that multiplayer hasn't seemed to change much since MWF1 I also don't like the direction they are heading in terms of weapon design, ballistic knives and dual wielding was literally absurd.

to every1,

look MW3 aint gonna be anything new or groundbreaking so y buy it and + its prob more expensive then BF3 and BF3 is better, get it?

in BF3 u get better graphics, immersive audio , brillant SP and MP wats it got to lose?

in MW3 same engine (maybe to keep the playability for some low-end specs i dunno),SP looks ok and MP prob same thing :/

u fanboys might disagree but im a fanboy of none and the clear winner is BF3.

i rest my case....

My head!

I'm not at all interested in MW3, nor am I a fanboy, but there is no denying that unless EA have a 100 million dollar marketting campaign for BF3, MW3 will win out as the top selling FPS for the year, again.

Soooo they're basically spending $100 million telling people that "hey! You guys like Modern Warfare, right! Check us out! We're just like Modern Warfare but like... better! "???

Brilliant plan right there.

Edited by Oracle X

I don't think BF3 will top MW3 in sales, better game or not. But who cares... BF3 will still reap massive profits for DICE and EA.

...And that's all that matters.

Edited by Reb1rth.

I don't think BF3 will top MW3 in sales, better game or not. But who cares... BF3 will still reap massive profits for DICE and EA.

...And that's all that matters.

Yeh, but i think the main goal of EA with this game is to make it a household name. Then with the next game they'll get more sales

It is a household name Slurms. Has been for years.

Its not that the Battlefield games haven't been popular the last few years, its that the COD games have been more popular.

Well seeing how mw3 is their only real competition, saying your game is superior fps is probably the right way to market

You know, I really wouldn't mind watching the developers of both Battlefield 3 and MW3 debate how boss their products are over each other. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Well seeing how mw3 is their only real competition, saying your game is superior fps is probably the right way to market

You know, I really wouldn't mind watching the developers of both Battlefield 3 and MW3 debate how boss their products are over each other.

lol that is a funny thought.

^^ haha yea that would be priceless...the guys who make cod would pretty much be owned in every department lol

So Dice, what have you added to BF3 that has never been seen before?

"Well, we have full destruction physics, you can realistically bring down a 7 story building. We also have fairly realistic ballistics, huge maps and a fantastic graphics engine, that scales REALLY well.

And What about you IW, what do you have in CODMW3 that has never been seen before?

"Uh...Well, you get to see America get atta...OH wait, um...A 3 at the end of MW."

lol they don't need to say anything.

They just have to pull out a chart, point to the huge slice and say "That's our market share.", then point to the much smaller slice and say "And that's BF's market share... give us a call when you're making a gazillion dollars per game like us, we'll be in the VIP lounge doing coke off the tits of supermodels..."

Edited by Oracle X

lol nice one nuke...

"We at activision are proud to release yet another sequel to our simple minded fans"

games.on.net just sparked a interesting debate lol CoD for retards BF for the more advanced :D sounds bout right

You're right. Engaging SP and a simple to pickup MP is obviously for retards. You have to be a moron to like that.

hmmmm hey does that mean everyone who's ever played CS or ever enjoyed any FPS that didn't have destructible cover and vehicle is a retard?

You're right. Engaging SP and a simple to pickup MP is obviously for retards. You have to be a moron to like that.

hmmmm hey does that mean everyone who's ever played CS or ever enjoyed any FPS that didn't have destructible cover and vehicle is a retard?

If only...I hadn't....gotten into that......s-s-server.