Brock

Bad Company 2

Hey dudes,

Are many of you still playing BC2 regularly? I just got back into it, I stopped playing after I maxed out the Assault kit on release, and have come back and started fresh with engineer. Am finding it extremely slow to rank up as engineer playing with people who just "one-man-army" every game.

On rare occasions my score will be amazing, but most games, I'm seeing 750-1200 score per game, all because every person I try and support is fucking awful at driving vehicles, and hopping out to fix him up turns out to be a pointless exercise due to them not knowing the mechanics of front armor > side/top/rear armor, and not understanding trajectory of tank shells. >:(

All in all, I love the game, I love the team focus, I think I'm a decent player, the only thing I can't (well, haven't tried…) do yet is fly, but I think a few goes at it in some empty maps and I'll have it down; but I mostly just want to play a support role. I play most nights and I think if I found a group of people to play with I'd enjoy it even more.

Steam name: brockp28

Ingame: moistau

If anyone's a part of a 'casual' clan that plays regularly that could do with an engi then let me know too :)

Cheers,

Hey dudes,

Are many of you still playing BC2 regularly? I just got back into it, I stopped playing after I maxed out the Assault kit on release, and have come back and started fresh with engineer. Am finding it extremely slow to rank up as engineer playing with people who just "one-man-army" every game.

On rare occasions my score will be amazing, but most games, I'm seeing 750-1200 score per game, all because every person I try and support is fucking awful at driving vehicles, and hopping out to fix him up turns out to be a pointless exercise due to them not knowing the mechanics of front armor > side/top/rear armor, and not understanding trajectory of tank shells. >:(

All in all, I love the game, I love the team focus, I think I'm a decent player, the only thing I can't (well, haven't tried…) do yet is fly, but I think a few goes at it in some empty maps and I'll have it down; but I mostly just want to play a support role. I play most nights and I think if I found a group of people to play with I'd enjoy it even more.

Steam name: brockp28

Ingame: moistau

If anyone's a part of a 'casual' clan that plays regularly that could do with an engi then let me know too :)

Cheers,

I picked it up as part of the steam special and have been dabbling around a little.

I'm a complete nub at it, and if you dont mind teaching me a few things - I'm happy to party/platoon/group whatever-its-fucking-called then i'm happy to play with you

Sounds good, I'm not sure what ability there is to 'party' in game - like in MW2 you could invite people to party and search a game together etc... And make sure you were always put on the same team. Hopefully BC2 has some feature like that. Anyone else know about that?

Add me to steam and we'll tee something up :)

Being a friend in BC2 lets you join the same squad when you enter the same game

Awesome, so basically I just find a game, invite said friend to game, and they'll automatically be put in the same team/squad if available?

The clan I'm in was on BC2 Cybergamer ladder but the seasons nearly finished so we'll probably be stopping competitive play for a while, but there's usually a few guys pubbing it up each night. We also play a lot of other games too. A lot of the guys are playing ARMA II, Project Reality and World of Tanks at the moment.

check out at www.deathinc.com.au if you're interested.

Edited by DonutKing

Yo Brock.

We hardly play now... still do, just not frequently like we did on release (waiting for BF3!), but we "manage" (if you could call it that) a casual clan (h.IV+) which I started in CoD4 to help us stick out as server regulars, which has had a few people come and go, but currently basically consists of myself, NukeJockey, and viremia from these forums.

We have our own Ventrilo and whatnot, but feel free to add us to Steam if you like and we can probably jump into a game.

Awesome, so basically I just find a game, invite said friend to game, and they'll automatically be put in the same team/squad if available?

If the said team has player slots available, yeah it'll squad you up with your friends automatically. If it is going to unbalance the teams too much, it'll put you on the opposite team.

I also got the game in the Steam special and had my first go last night. I had some experience with Battlefield 2 mostly with bots, so I had some idea what I was doing, but I was still amazingly shit at it.

Can I really not go prone?

Anyway, about the only kills i got were a few with the assualt rife and a few with its' noob tube. I think I got a tank or two with the RPG, so that was nice.

I wouldn't mind joining up with players from here, no idea how much time I'd actually get to do so though.

FUUUUUU-

Why? How are you supposed to be a proper sniper without prone? Why would they even remove it? It's been in every FPS ever.

But anything that helps deter camping sniper douches from decorating the spawn points with my brains is a good thing.

How are you supposed to be a proper sniper without prone? Why would they even remove it?

Basically, consoles. Its a dumbed-down Battlefield game for consoles and we were lucky to get a port for PC.

Its fun for now but I reckon it will die a swift death on the PC side of things once BF3 comes out.

Lack of prone didn't stop every idiot from being a sniper when it came out, fortunately that seems to have settled down a bit now.

But when I play sniper I never use a sniper rifle. I prefer what I call 'angry wookie': use an auto shotgun, throw those motion balls everywhere to light up enemies on the map, giving you points and also helping you get the drop on people.

The weapons you start with aren't great but simply join a squad, stick close to them and pick up their kit when they die. Not only do you get better weapons but you will hopefully get a motion ball, medkit or ammo pack with it too. Throw the motion balls whereever you think an enemy is, and throw down a med kit or ammo pack near your squad mates and you should start going through ranks fairly quickly giving you some unlocks to play with.

Edited by DonutKing

I like the no-prone thing. Makes snipers easier to spot. And helps me forget the dolphiners in BF2.

As a sniper, I enjoy having to aim a little above people to compensate at long distances. Dont know if sniping gets much more complicated/realistic than that though

Edited by TheMojorising

How are you supposed to be a proper sniper without prone? Why would they even remove it?

Basically, consoles. Its a dumbed-down Battlefield game for consoles and we were lucky to get a port for PC.

Its fun for now but I reckon it will die a swift death on the PC side of things once BF3 comes out.

Lack of prone didn't stop every idiot from being a sniper when it came out, fortunately that seems to have settled down a bit now.

But when I play sniper I never use a sniper rifle. I prefer what I call 'angry wookie': use an auto shotgun, throw those motion balls everywhere to light up enemies on the map, giving you points and also helping you get the drop on people.

The weapons you start with aren't great but simply join a squad, stick close to them and pick up their kit when they die. Not only do you get better weapons but you will hopefully get a motion ball, medkit or ammo pack with it too. Throw the motion balls whereever you think an enemy is, and throw down a med kit or ammo pack near your squad mates and you should start going through ranks fairly quickly giving you some unlocks to play with.

Actually dice intentionally left it out to stop campers. Didn't work though.

Yo Brock.

We hardly play now... still do, just not frequently like we did on release (waiting for BF3!), but we "manage" (if you could call it that) a casual clan (h.IV+) which I started in CoD4 to help us stick out as server regulars, which has had a few people come and go, but currently basically consists of myself, NukeJockey, and viremia from these forums.

We have our own Ventrilo and whatnot, but feel free to add us to Steam if you like and we can probably jump into a game.

If the said team has player slots available, yeah it'll squad you up with your friends automatically. If it is going to unbalance the teams too much, it'll put you on the opposite team.

Sweet, sounds good - added nuke and yourself (I think?), couldn't find viremia's tag unless it's just viremia, didn't try. :P

I'm just brushing up on some skills before BF3 really, it's kinda hard supporting people who tend to fuck you over more often than not!

Hey Brock I play pretty much every night. Same name as on atomic if you want to add me in game.

Hey Brock I play pretty much every night. Same name as on atomic if you want to add me in game.

Awesome, I think I might have seen you on a GA or Node server last night? Will add when I get in :)

just started playing again myself while waiting for the witcher 2 although i never played much to begin with

despite the fact that tw2 is now out and almost finished downloading i may be able to tare myself away to play a a bit more bc2 with ya

just finished levelling up medic and engineer now working on assault

im dasa2 in bc2

Edited by Dasa

Was just playing a game then with Brock. Man I am not acclimatising to this at all.

Things I'm having trouble with:

Just getting around - I'm finding it really hard just to get up stairs and shit.

The game is a liar - it's all, drop medkits and ammo boxes or whatever... and I don't have them. I'm a medic with a fuck-off machine gun and no medkits. How I shot web?

The game is hard on noobs like me - pros have experience, and better gear. So I get picked off in three seconds and have no chance to kill to get points to get better stuff.

Commands and communications and stuff - in the controls, it says it's Q like in BF2, but it brings up no menu. All I could manage with it was to spot enemies (before they nailed me). How do I request a medic or ammo and stuff?

About all I could manage was to hide and stay alive long enough to take a checkpoint, then get killed and do it again.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

Are you playing on hardcore? I wouldn't even waste my time with normal to many as mudg3 would say "scrubs and badz"

Commands and communications and stuff - in the controls, it says it's Q like in BF2, but it brings up no menu. All I could manage with it was to spot enemies (before they nailed me). How do I request a medic or ammo and stuff?

Q if they don't comply TK and give yourself the ammo/med pack I have no time for wankers that are pretending to be deaf, blind or plain ignorant of someone screaming "give me some fucking ammo" Edited by nesquick

Was just playing a game then with Brock. Man I am not acclimatising to this at all.

Things I'm having trouble with:

Just getting around - I'm finding it really hard just to get up stairs and shit.

The game is a liar - it's all, drop medkits and ammo boxes or whatever... and I don't have them. I'm a medic with a fuck-off machine gun and no medkits. How I shot web?

The game is hard on noobs like me - pros have experience, and better gear. So I get picked off in three seconds and have no chance to kill to get points to get better stuff.

About all I could manage was to hide and stay alive long enough to take a checkpoint, then get killed and do it again.

You have to unlock your ammo box and medbox by playing that specific class for a while.

Annoying, but UNLOCKS ARE COOL, right? *bleh*

And yeah, requesting shit from other players, just point your crosshair at them and press Q. :)

Give it time, though... don't expect to be great at it right away.

Your skillz will come when you learn the ins and outs of the game.

Wtf? You have to be a medic before you can be an actual medic? That's just stupid. It's a nerfed assault until you're granted the hallowed first aid pack. No one else was medic, so I thought I would be, turns out I shouldn't have bothered.

Kind of annoying with the commands system, I really liked the pointy menu in BF2. Hold Q or T, swipe a direction, done.

I'll probably keep going back to further frustrate myself, but I really don't have the time to sink hours upon hours into a game before it lets me actually use the stuff in the game necessary to play the game properly.

Play one somewhat decent round as each class and if you do something other than die, you will unlock those initial items.

They're extremely easy to get.

This isn't like BF2 where it takes 50 hours to hit your first unlock.

Hmmm, I get your point, and it's similar as the engineer - but I believe it's only 1 or 2 ranks until you get medkit isn't it? I'm finding myself much more useful now I've got the engi repair tool. I'll either drive tanks or passenger it, hit C to go third person to see if any recon's are being sneaky, support them tanks, cap points in conquest, kill bitches. Just be aggressive, extremely aggressive, while learning and you'll see the points rack up...

I was having trouble when I started playing again the other night; as you probably noticed the second I joined, straight away, 0-5. Next game though, I was 12-3 within the first half of the game. Take some time to learn the maps and flank where possible, I'm finding a lot of snipers seriously just sit back and snipe from the one position, take note of where it is and go round behind them / to their side and take them out.

It's a lot harder to play than something like BLOPS but that's what I personally enjoy about it. :D

My problem is the first rank is at like 1600 or something, and I only get a few hundred XP per round. I'll probably go a few more rounds now before I have to go to bloody bed because of bloody work.