Brock

Bad Company 2

I'll fuckin' take you all on. I don't care.

Fuckin' pub scum.

I ain't even scared.

thats the spirit!

Edited by mudg3

I'll fuckin' take you all on. I don't care.

Fuckin' pub scum.

I ain't even scared.

Posted Image

Makes you feel like you can do anything really.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

It's a very frustrating game to play.

Level 0 medic here. cant even heal. I got this last steam sale and the uselessness of the level 0 weapons, Armour and load out is appalling. Looks like 20 hours needs to be played to unlock a decent gun and perks, anyway if some other noobs want to PM me and make a night to fill a server and maybe learn the game without the pro gamers with every thing unlocked pwning us. PM me or hit me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/KiwiGunny

Level 0 medic here. cant even heal. I got this last steam sale and the uselessness of the level 0 weapons, Armour and load out is appalling. Looks like 20 hours needs to be played to unlock a decent gun and perks, anyway if some other noobs want to PM me and make a night to fill a server and maybe learn the game without the pro gamers with every thing unlocked pwning us. PM me or hit me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/KiwiGunny

Doesnt really take that long - float around the differant classes try differant things etc. Play the game to play the game not to focus on the unlocks.

Remember you can pick up other peoples dropped kits with 'e' by default.

I always laugh when people say this.

Level 0 medic you start out with the most powerful LMG, used to be M60 but that got nerfed most people don't realise the PKM does more damage than any other LMG.

Level 0 Assault the gun is not to bad, you get the XM8 after maybe 1 round of decent play which is very good till you get the AN94 or M416.

Level 0 recon you start off with probably the best sniper rifle in the game.

Level 0 Engi you start off with the most powerful SMG in the game and iirc the RPG which is much much better than the M2CG.

this is coming from someone who is level 47 I use those weapons 60% of the time when playing those classes, 30% of the time I use G3 battle rifle and the other 10% I use other guns as I need ie: silenced sniper rifle.

I just gave the PKM a good go earlier and I was chopping dudes with it. Damn good gun. I find the M249 is what destroys me half the time though.

My favourite assault gun seems to be the AUG.

I've never had much luck with sniping, the VSS is about the only rifle I've got many kills with. Cos you can just spam bullets with it. Pretty good with the red dot sight for close/mid range as well. But aside from the M95, the M24 or whatever the starter rifle is, is what's shooting me in the head from across the map.

The RPG kicks ass, and it says in the description that it is more effective for damaging armour and buildings. I like the... other one, that you can guide around. RPG is my go-to rocket launcher though. What is up with the tracer darts though? Sometimes the rockets curve towards traced armour, sometimes they don't even give a shit. I like most of the engineer's submachineguns. The P2000 or whatever with its 45 round mag is awesome.

The best unlock is the Colt 1911 which comes pretty early, like level 3. You can drop anyone at close range with that. Gaining points at the beginning can be really friggin hard because not only are you completely unfamiliar with the game, you also have no perks to make the most of your gear, and as you know from being a medic, you can't even heal/drop ammo/repair vehicles.

I would say the best way to gain points at the beginning is to get into a full squad where there's a vaguely leveled medic. Take his kit when he dies, try to stay alive, drop med kits as soon as it recharges, revive EVERYONE even though that's fucking annoying (squad revive is worth 80 points - killing an enemy is onyl 50), and burst fire your gun at mid/long range. Aim towards face, like half-second bursts. Stay with your squad! If you can manage to get into a squad with three high-level players, you'll do much better than hanging with noobs like yourself.

That's for big 32 player games of Rush or Conquest or something. I found I make a shitload of points playing Squad Deathmatch, as long as everyone's not level 50. Give that a go with some low level players, maybe play with a bunch of friends if they've got the game. Yelling at each other while knife fighting is fun!

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

AEK / T88 / UMP / M24

Those are my class weapons of choice.

With occasional bouts of G3.

Edited by Reb1rth.

G3 is my favourite for Recon. Though it does piss me off how you need to put a whole mag of 7.62 in someone's chest to kill them. It's even worse with the M14, that gun is terrible in BC2.

Yeah I usually never play hardcore. I mostly play with friends who just started playing so it's way too hard for them. Plus it's annoying not having a map or HUD. Nothing worse than playing medic on hardcore - you have zero clue where your fallen bros are, and you never know how many bullets are left in your LMG. Could be a hundred, could be seven. And you can't just reload willy nilly, because as soon as you do, a whole enemy squad will walk around the corner.

Yeah I usually never play hardcore. I mostly play with friends who just started playing so it's way too hard for them. Plus it's annoying not having a map or HUD. Nothing worse than playing medic on hardcore - you have zero clue where your fallen bros are, and you never know how many bullets are left in your LMG. Could be a hundred, could be seven. And you can't just reload willy nilly, because as soon as you do, a whole enemy squad will walk around the corner.

Oh wow, real life is far too hard.

Hey man, it's called a game for a reason!

Hey man, it's called a game for a reason!

Well you can't have it both ways. You bitch that in normal modes you struggle to kill people, but then you go on to say that Hardcore is too hard, maybe BC2 just isn't the right game for you.

Nah, it's cool. But there are imbalances in the game. The guns in normal mode tend to be very weak. In hardcore they're suitably powerful, ie, you get shot, you die. But it's the other things in hardcore that make it difficult, not the guns.

You don't need a map.

Just use your eyes.

HC mode is so much better.

Just play it for a couple of hours and get used to it. That's all there is to it.

I play both modes 50/50 as the better players tend to play normal mode more. All i can say is if your failing to kill people in normal mode then you have an issue with aiming. At the moment I've been playing alot with the m14 which takes 2-3 shots in normal and in hardcore it takes 1-2 depending on the shot of course. I dont understand why you need a little tab telling you how much ammo you have on the fly you should be able to figure out how many shots you've taken and work out how many rounds you have left in your mag (maybe I play to much but its easy for me)

The map issue is the same if you find yourself needing a map press M quickly and bring it up. Hardcore will most defiantly make you a better player if you give it a chance.

Just dont play on random servers too harmonic. I joined a game of yours not to long ago that was based in fucking norway. 300-400ms response time and it was horrible.

I can play both, I prefer HC though, I like how you don't magically heal yourself, I like how you have to keep track of how many bullets you fired, I like how there is no tactical map, I like how there are no crosshairs for most of the guns, I like how only 1-3 bullets will kill someone, I like how a sniper rifle bullet will kill someone in 1 shot ect ect.

Harmonic theres ways around what you complain about, in COD and BFBC2 if you see someone reloading and you know you still have half a mag or so just scroll back and forward to the pistol or something it will reset it to how it was before you started reloading then you can carry on but like your complaint about not knowing how many bullets you have in a clip is stupid, you can do the maths 600rpm means about 6-7 seconds on full auto with a 100 round mag, the 2 LMG's with 200 round mags are about 10-12 seconds, the MG3 is about 3.5 seconds which is probably my favorite LMG just cause of the sheer volume of fire you can lay down in those few seconds. Same goes for rifles 800RPM would be about 1.5 seconds on a 30 round mag.

try firing in bursts with the guns that have smaller magazines, G3 is almost a full auto M14 but you can't fire it full auto otherwise you won't hit anyone.

I don't get the map thing though why do you need a map? you should be spawning on your squad the whole time and if you see them get blown up its not like you need a map to tell you that or if you knew they were just 10m away but no longer alive just run over and look for the body none of this is really hard to grasp its more just learning the eb and flow of the game.

Edited by nesquick

Bind your map to a mouse button that's not used or a keyboard key nearby your left hand.

Reload whenever you can.

Another quick tip with Tracer darts and the RPG and CG, when a vehicle/chopper/person is hit with a dart, use your sights to focus on the target (should come up as a flashing orange box,center your cross hair on the flashing orange box) once the orange box stops flashing and you get range numbers (takes a few seconds) the rocket is "locked" onto the target , fire! best to shoot up in the air to clear any objects beween you and the target, sit back and watch the rpg/cg "chase down" the target and boom!

Edited by dishd

I played standard in the beta. Then a couple weeks in (from memory), hardcore servers started popping up.

Started playing hardcore, haven't looked back.

Accidentally joined non-HC servers before the server browser actually worked properly (you'd think after developing so many online games, DICE would at least have a working server browser on release).

Tried playing anyway, hated it... went back to HC.

I prefer the 'realism' (used loosely) of it over standard mode.

I love childish admins / players.

Playing Atacama desert, in Mudg3s' chopper and shot down another chopper over A.

Autokilled for "base raping".

Hmkay, try it again.

Back in Mudges' chopper.

Kill infantry at C.

Kicked from server due to "base raping".

Not to mention I am permanently muted on this particular server, too.

For correcting an admins English while he was (childishly) ranting.

Edited by viremia

was it a random clan server?

the only good ones atm are P3W and PSG, P3W they don't care about that sort of stuff only the real dickheads get kicked.

Edited by nesquick

the only good ones atm are P3W and PSG, P3W they don't care about that sort of stuff only the real dickheads get kicked.

It was from the AU bfsgs.com (or whatever) server.

It was from the AU bfsgs.com (or whatever) server.

Funnily enough when you got kicked I gave both the admins a mouth full and have been since perma banned.I already thought I was banned but to my surprise last night it work. These were the same dudes who's TS server and website I was DDOSing a few months back just for shits.

Ezkaton was kicked for "being a loud mouth fuckwit" after contesting my kick, too.

Renting my own server for BF3 is looking like a good idea.. if it's possible.