Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Brock

Bad Company 2

My problem is the first rank is at like 1600 or something, and I only get a few hundred XP per round. I'll probably go a few more rounds now before I have to go to bloody bed because of bloody work.

play rush on hardcore, points galore, its not uncommon for me to get ~5k XP from 1 match before all the pins and stars put that figure up to ~10k

My problem is the first rank is at like 1600 or something, and I only get a few hundred XP per round. I'll probably go a few more rounds now before I have to go to bloody bed because of bloody work.

Like nesquick said, I felt the same way, but if you play hardcore, even Conquest (Rush is also good), just spam cap points, go with your squad or other team mates if you can, you'll get medkits in no time and THEN you'll start raking in a tonne more points! If you sort of hang back and defend one point and go on to lose the game you'll earn fuck all :p

I seem to be doing a bit better, but most players don't seem to try to actually take the points or anything. I'm pretty much trying to do it myself and getting picked off whilst doing so.

Game ended at thirty damn XP til I get my medpack and can actually be useful as a medic. I got the ammo box, and was spamming my self-re-supplying grenades everywhere, it was pretty cool.

Anyway, sleep now. I knew there was I reason I haven't played games since I started working, it makes time disappear. If only the work part of my life went that way. Anyway, thanks guys!

Trying to play solo in a Battlefield game is a painful experience. Try get some people around here playing and squad up, work together, etc.

The game is much more fun with either people you know, or squadded people with a teamplay mindset.

Otherwise it can feel like it's you against the entire other team at times...

Trying to play solo in a Battlefield game is a painful experience. Try get some people around here playing and squad up, work together, etc.

I dunno, me and mudg3 have gotten pretty good at it, you know like playing recon and sneaking up on people through trees then blow up their tank with c4, or sneaking really close to a mcom then letting your squad spawn off you, it makes you less of a target by yourself no morons to give you away except if someone lobs a grenade in your general direction or shoots near you the player model will yell out something usually giving you away to any experienced players.

I seem to be doing a bit better, but most players don't seem to try to actually take the points or anything. I'm pretty much trying to do it myself and getting picked off whilst doing so.

This is the curse of introducing stats. Everybody just cares about their KDR, seeing KDR as the only way to judge performance. Very wrong. Very depressing. Everybody just camps spawns and flags. Its worse on Rush maps than conquest. Being on the attacking side in Rush mode is an exercise in frustration and you will generally only ever see 2 or 3 brave souls actually attempting to blow MCOMs.

It sdepressing when in conquest you can see on your minimap a whole friendly sqaud just camping a flag as it gets captured from under their feet. And then they dont ever go and recap, prefering to hide and kill people as they spawn.

On some maps it is taken to the extreme with people even camping with the armour. Absolutely soul destroying and happens pretty much all the time now on the vanilla maps. Some one will drive a tank to a ridge well out of enemy range and then just sit there the whole round lobbing rounds willy nilly into the enemy base in the hope they get a kill.

The only solace is that you can look at the stats of people with high KDR and notice that invariably their team scores are generally shit (just like you could see in BF2).

It wasnt that bad at the beginning, but after the first wave of players moved on it (the general relauctance of players to cap objectives because they may horror horror get shot) got worse.

I unistalled and dont play BC2 anymore. I hit the highest level. Got all the unlocks, played the vietnam expansion a bit and got the specact DLC as well and played that a bit and the new maps that were introduced. It just got too frustrating.

the game is 'old' now, which is why there is so much crap gameplay around. The game was never designed to have the longevity of a real Battlefield title.

Good luck with it anyway.

GFK in rush all it takes though is 1 or 2 good players to win the round and the rest be cannon fodder, like in defense 1 good player can hold off a point on their own, I hear what your saying RE people not playing it as a team though I remember I played on the same team as you a couple of months ago, the team was crap and I saw you raging hard but I was thinking hmm he has got a point.

GFK in rush all it takes though is 1 or 2 good players to win the round and the rest be cannon fodder, like in defense 1 good player can hold off a point on their own, I hear what your saying RE people not playing it as a team though I remember I played on the same team as you a couple of months ago, the team was crap and I saw you raging hard but I was thinking hmm he has got a point.

Lol. Yeah I was just imaginning myself if it had been real life and I was the sargeant/ officer running around literally kicking people in the arse saying 'move, move, move'. I think at one point I threatend to start TKing the campers and people who refused to move up (which in that case was at LEAST 95% of the team). It was extraordinary. The round started and everybody just ran to the middle of the map and just stopped!

Theres a great scene in Band of Brothers when they are about to attack Carentan. They have moved up the road and have just come under MG fire . The whole Compnay just stops and hits the ground , everybody crawling into the nearest ditch. And then Captain Winters is just there screamning at people to 'move, move', and literally dragging people up and kicking them forward.

Somehow in real life wanting to pad your KDR doesnt work :-/

The reality is and the noobs dont get it, is that by moving around the battlefield in a squad and actually going for objectives you will:

A) get more points

B) have more fun

C) get some respect

D) get more points

Your right about only needing 1 or 2 to actually cap and MCOM - but not much good if the rest of the team arent covering you/ drawing fire/ putting their lives on the line.

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

Coincidentally I have picked BC2 back up the last couple of nights. i'm on at random times at night and irregularly so not much point in clanning up but I seem to be going ok. I'm rank 12 or 13 now.

My soldier name is Penguan.

I joined one good squad the other night and played maybe 1-2 hours with them - its awesome when you've got a good squad. Everything flows alot easier.

I think you guys are confusing your belief that winning the round is the best possible outcome.

To some people, getting a huge bag of heads and a big kdr is the best possible outcome, and screw the team. And you know what? Kills = tickets, so it isn't so out there an idea.

I think you guys are confusing your belief that winning the round is the best possible outcome.

To some people, getting a huge bag of heads and a big kdr is the best possible outcome, and screw the team. And you know what? Kills = tickets, so it isn't so out there an idea.

In terms of conquest ticket bleed is the best way to win. That and kills of course. But kills alone wont win you a conquest round.

I try to win the round and get as many pins at the same time, you can do both.

And this is the real skill.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to try to do the stuff you mentioned, and try to be in good squads.

A major thing I'm still having issues with is the dumbed-down interface. In BF2, there'd be coloured lines from your position to the point you're ordered by the squad leader to attack or defend. BC2 doesn't seem to have this, or orders of any kind? I need to familarise myself with the extra controls. I managed to asplode a chopper with a tank within the first 30 seconds of joining a game, and the guy was like, 'good shot', so I was like 'thanks', to everyone, cos I don't know how to message a specific player. Anyway, this stuff will come with time.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

regarding choppers funniest thing is to get the UAV, fly as high as you can but don't fire the rocket, wait till the chopper spawns then fire it, some idiot always camps the chopper spawn and jumps in as soon as it appears, easy 250points also go recon with C4 sneak up and C4 the ground under where an enemy vehicle spawns wait till someone gets in then detonate, if its an APC with a full squad you can get like 500 points I think, putting c4 on the road also works well, on say laguna presa when you fall back to the waterfall they usually come charging in guns blazing in an APC but if you lay C4 down blow it up as they drive over it for ensuing lols.

note the above only works well when you don't have people spawning off you.

Edited by nesquick

Just gave it another go, still not having much luck. This is the longest I've ever had to go to get the 'feel' of a game. I just don't feel confident as this guy, not like in CoD4 or BF2. I regularly get zero kills per match, maybe a lucky knife kill or as a gunner in a tank spamming bullets everywhere.

A major issue for me is having to sprint 500 damn metres to a point, then getting sniped or generally mid-range killed by guys that are just better than me. I always seem to be on the losing team, not helped by my lack of ability of course, but it is suspicious that one team is made up entirely of level 30-50 players, and my team only has one or two. I picked up a kit of a guy I knifed, was an engineer. It had the little grinding repair tool thing which I tried on a smoking tank to no effect. I was probably doin' it wrong.

Anyway, I've sunk a fair few after-works into this game now and am just not feeling it. I'll probably give it a couple more goes because I haven't got much else to play.

Man, I'm really starting to get frustrated tonight. Every time I lay 3-4 bullets in someone they turn around and I'm dead instantly. I don't get it.

Edit: then again beer and fps are probably not a good mix.

Sorry harmonic i exited and missed yr friend request, it must clear when ya exit the game. i fired one back yr way :)

Edited by martyr

Man, I'm really starting to get frustrated tonight. Every time I lay 3-4 bullets in someone they turn around and I'm dead instantly. I don't get it.

I played a little earlier but gave up after usually getting shot within 5 seconds of respawning no matter what point or person i spawned on ... not cool

Went back to world of tanks

Yeah, that keeps happening to me in the midrange encounters.

"Aha, he hasn't seen me! Die!"

/BULLETSBULLETSBULLETS

"Hrm? I appear to be getting shot at, how bothersome."

/PKOW

Enter battle (5)

If you 3 want to squad up with me later on I don't mind, I don't expect to win but I can try and help you get some points, although I haven't played MP in like 2 months although I'll warn you I will only play hardcore.

my game name is just below in my sig.

Edited by nesquick

im always up for a game ,so fire me an invite when your on (that goes for all of you)

steam- mohammad jihad

gfwl -st8smn

Steam Name/Ingame Name: OLFREEZINBONES, im mostly the one who uses rockets on infantry some of the time.

Steam Name/Ingame Name: OLFREEZINBONES, im mostly the one who uses rockets on infantry some of the time.

you realise you make yourself more of a target for a sniper just going crazy with rockets? standing still to aim the rocket (not that gustav needs aim) makes you super easy to hit.

Ok well I reinstalled.

I only play on Hard core servers.

My game name is Atomic_Ghost. level 50.

If you see me say hi and I will try and sqaud up with you.

if you are on the opposite team and getting hammered because of team stack let me know as well and I can swap over to your side.

I am not on alot because of studies and stuff. But I will be for a few hours here and there on Friday/ sat night.

Edited by GhostFaceKilla