Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Brock

Bad Company 2

Oh, it's the F keys? I couldn't find 'change vehicle position' or anything in the controls, but it's probably there in plain sight. I'll try it in a bit.

Added you, bushi. I think it does work offline, because someone here added me and I got the request when I logged on later.

@ Nuke. Ill have another re-read I swear it didnt the first time!

Actually you're right. The Description doesn't tell you exactly what it is. It says upgraded targetting and ammunition systems for vehicles and helicopters. Which is not the most descriptive description, however it is called V ALT W (which is obviously where I got mixed up, sorry about that) which I always assumed stood for Vehicle Alternate Weapon.

Glad to hear im not going batshit crazy just yet.

Yeah it makes such a differance as far as effectiveness where the UAV is concerned. That reload timer for the missle blows - and that little gun makes it handy to chop up infantry

Edited by TheMojorising

The only upgrade you want for UAV would be V stopping power, 1 shot to the back of a tank with it and they can kiss their sorry ass goodbye.

Edited by nesquick

Thanks Bushi, Nesquick and Harmonic for this afternoon was good :)

There were a few good games in there. It's really annoying when you're constantly getting hammered by choppers or tanks and there's nothing you can do about it, because rocket launchers just don't do any damage whatsoever, even if you manage to hit them. I hate big open maps, cos you spend all your time sprinting to the objective, get killed, repeat.

I like the small urban ones. But they make it really hard to find your friendly corpses to revive. For some reason, they decided to make the heart-rate symbol on the map fuarking hooge, so you have to run all around and up and down in a house to be able to find the poor bastard. BF2 just had a simple 'metres away' thing, that was so much easier...

There were a few good games in there. It's really annoying when you're constantly getting hammered by choppers or tanks and there's nothing you can do about it, because rocket launchers just don't do any damage whatsoever, even if you manage to hit them. I hate big open maps, cos you spend all your time sprinting to the objective, get killed, repeat.

I like the small urban ones. But they make it really hard to find your friendly corpses to revive. For some reason, they decided to make the heart-rate symbol on the map fuarking hooge, so you have to run all around and up and down in a house to be able to find the poor bastard. BF2 just had a simple 'metres away' thing, that was so much easier...

oasis is my favourite map by far.

I admit to being disheartened at first beign nailed by those who had far more experience than myself - however stick with it. You do get the hang of it and how to hold your own.

<3 VADS re: choppers

Edited by TheMojorising

just go one of the other classes then.

Someone's got to do it, most of the time I'm the only medic in the whole game. And it's by far the easiest to gain points with. Engineer I don't mind, even though you tend to run out of rockets before you blow a tank up. I like being able to repair tanks, but the idiot driver tends to drive off with 20% health leaving me standing there like a lemon.

Recon is okay, though I find it really boring and lame being an actual sniper. The motion balls are awesome for points as well as tactically. Assault is about the only class I never really use, because I can't shoot for shit, and people tend to die before ammo boxes are really useful.

Recon is okay, though I find it really boring and lame being an actual sniper. The motion balls are awesome for points as well as tactically. Assault is about the only class I never really use, because I can't shoot for shit, and people tend to die before ammo boxes are really useful.

Should see how I play recon then ;) I play it as if it was an assault class.

^as do the best of us..

the need to have a autoban for campers tho..like they did in the old unreal tournments

I like being able to repair tanks, but the idiot driver tends to drive off with 20% health leaving me standing there like a lemon.

Love when that happens.

Either they drive off on you without a care in the world.

Or they reverse over you in a panic 'cause they're taking hits, instead of sitting there and letting you repair while they find the source and fight back.

Cool when you're repairing and the driver gets out and starts repairing too... so you stop getting points 'cause it's an empty vehicle.

Cool when you're repairing and the driver gets out and starts repairing too... so you stop getting points 'cause it's an empty vehicle.

I'd rather the tank get saved though and lose a few points then have it blown up since engi can only repair like 45% of the tank before the tool overheats.

the best repair trick is to get a hind with 2 other guys, pilot has flares, gunner has weapon power and engi just sits and repairs it in the back since it repairs so fast usually you get a good 5mins before anyone shoots you down.

Edited by nesquick

I'd rather the tank get saved though and lose a few points then have it blown up since engi can only repair like 45% of the tank before the tool overheats.

the best repair trick is to get a hind with 2 other guys, pilot has flares, gunner has weapon power and engi just sits and repairs it in the back since it repairs so fast usually you get a good 5mins before anyone shoots you down.

Yeah, save the tank IMO - just repairing for the points is nub play IMO. With a good engy I do try and stay inside where I can and be mindful of giving him a reward, but in the middle of a really intense situation it's about keeping the armour up above all else.

I'd really like to give that a go with you!

Im not the best pilot, well I can fly pretty well but I swoop in really low with the attack helicopters and usually get hit by a random rocket, the method with the hind is to learn how to funnel and do what I said ^ you may have seen it in action before or been on the other end of it, makes alot of people rq on the opposite team :P

Im not the best pilot, well I can fly pretty well but I swoop in really low with the attack helicopters and usually get hit by a random rocket, the method with the hind is to learn how to funnel and do what I said ^ you may have seen it in action before or been on the other end of it, makes alot of people rq on the opposite team :P

I can understand that from my limited experience with BF2 - it was pretty much game over if the other side had a fantastic pilot.

Im still shit at piloting - much better with the keyboard now, i just wish i could start a game and practice my piloting/killing skills by setting up my own game with bots like BF2....

not exactly on topic, but it is bad company 2 :D

its called, how to make a wookie fly

http://youtu.be/RtVJ0fr2H6s

my forum skills are shite to say the least, if someone could do me a favour and embed it this would be greatly appreciated :D

Edited by Devit

not exactly on topic, but it is bad company 2 :D

its called, how to make a wookie fly

my forum skills are shite to say the least, if someone could do me a favour and embed it this would be greatly appreciated :D

Edited by NukeJockey

For those wanting to know how to play recon....

Not bad at all.... lets see him do that on a Hardcore server...