Sign in to follow this  
Reb1rth.

ARMA III.

So I found this.

GON:Can you tell us a bit more about what sort of system spec you're aiming for with ArmA III, and whether or not our readers should begin pricing some system upgrades?

Jay: Sure, at E3 we're releasing a newly revised set of minimum hardware specifications, but I’d be happy to share them with you now:

Minimum Specifications:

CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 with Shader Model 4 and 512 MB VRAM

RAM: 2 GB

HDD: 15 GB free space

DirectX®: 10

I think I expected more even for minimum specs...

Dual Core???

8800GT??

Intel HD Graphics - wtf??? The game will run on onboard???

2Gb Ram???

You sure this is ARMA 3?

Was Jay trolling?

ARMA 2 needed a Quad . . .

Intel HD3000 isn't to bad for an IGP certainly significantly better than the previous gen IGP they made.

So I found this.

GON:Can you tell us a bit more about what sort of system spec you're aiming for with ArmA III, and whether or not our readers should begin pricing some system upgrades?

Jay: Sure, at E3 we're releasing a newly revised set of minimum hardware specifications, but I’d be happy to share them with you now:

Minimum Specifications:

CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 with Shader Model 4 and 512 MB VRAM

RAM: 2 GB

HDD: 15 GB free space

DirectX®: 10

I think I expected more even for minimum specs...

Dual Core???

8800GT??

Intel HD Graphics - wtf??? The game will run on onboard???

2Gb Ram???

You sure this is ARMA 3?

Was Jay trolling?

ARMA 2 needed a Quad . . .

Well here's the source...

http://games.on.net/article/15750/We_give_...s_Maps_and_More

Keep in mind those are the absolute minimum...

I'm more interested in seeing what the recommended for running it maxed at 1920x1080 60fps would be.

8800GT was about as fast as an HD3870, if I recall correctly?

Or was that the HD4870? I kinda don't remember... either way, minimum means jack shit.

yea 8800gt was very close to a 3870, both about 10-12k on 3dmark 06

either way minimum on a game like this is probably like 20fps at 640x480.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I'd like to know what kind of PC we'll need to run with full viewing distance like the first screenshot at 60fps. :P

My main hope for this game is that they optimize the AI a bit better than ARMA II's CPU-raping AI system.

Full draw distance! Hahahahahha!

I was running XFire 5970s and it still couldn't draw max distance on ARMA 2. Although, to be honest, it seemed to really, really hate XFire.

Can't wait for this one!

5xxx series scale badly in Crossfire anyway.

I'm running two 6950 2gb in Crossfire with no issues... don't have the view distance completely maxed but it's pretty high.

Don't need it maxed unless you're flying.

edit: nevermind this posted in wrong thread :)

Edited by p0is0n

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I'm not overly excited about Arma 3, while Arma 2 was fun, the performance (network and computer) was just atrocious, really dampens the experience, that and they always lack polish.

Oh. My. God.

my housemate and I bought this/downloaded and installed but have run into so many errors can't even get into a game.. just joining getting stuck on a scoreboard screen and then get kicked. nothing happens.

did anyone else have problems like that?

edit: looks like the problem is with 1.7 using 1.6 fine...

arma III isn't even out yet?

I'd like to know what kind of PC we'll need to run with full viewing distance like the first screenshot at 60fps. :P

My main hope for this game is that they optimize the AI a bit better than ARMA II's CPU-raping AI system.

I was running XFire 5970s and it still couldn't draw max distance on ARMA 2. Although, to be honest, it seemed to really, really hate XFire.

Can't wait for this one!

GPU power has nothing to do with draw distance. My 2500k at 5ghz cant even handle more than 4.5k out of a possible 10.

I'm not overly excited about Arma 3, while Arma 2 was fun, the performance (network and computer) was just atrocious, really dampens the experience, that and they always lack polish.

Oh. My. God.

What, you disagree?

I've still played alot of Arma 2 and OA, but a new release with a higher system requirement, just scares me tbh.

my housemate and I bought this/downloaded and installed but have run into so many errors can't even get into a game.. just joining getting stuck on a scoreboard screen and then get kicked. nothing happens.

oh crap, meant to post this in the arma II thread about DayZ.. how the hell did I end up here. My bad :)

oh crap, meant to post this in the arma II thread about DayZ.. how the hell did I end up here. My bad :)

yea its ok, I had a feeling it was meant to be in the dayz thread.

GPU power has nothing to do with draw distance. My 2500k at 5ghz cant even handle more than 4.5k out of a possible 10.

sounds like we will all need to get a dual socket xeon board and 2 octocores to run it at max settings :P

Oh. My. God.

What, you disagree?

I've still played alot of Arma 2 and OA, but a new release with a higher system requirement, just scares me tbh.

That's what makes me reluctant to get it. If I want to experience a new ARMA, I'll need a new build otherwise it'll just ruin it downright.

I'm just afraid that since Bohemia is going to all these new boundaries again, I'm not sure if they can sustain all these new features and end up with a whole load of bugs like ARMA 2 again.

I'll probably wait a year after release or something if that happens.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Can't wait for this one!

*Face palm*

Oh. My. God.

What, you disagree?

What about the bullet drop?

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Can't wait for this one!

*Face palm*

Oh. My. God.

What, you disagree?

What about the bullet drop?

What the hell is your problem?

Bohemia's E3 2012 ARMA III preview trailer.

Edited by Ezkaton

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Dude, Chill out! Who said I had one?

Why is it that you get on the defensive so quickly?

Hes just like that all the time dw about it.

Nah I reckon it's you.

Your brief responses of bull**** is just plain weird.

If you're gonna say stuff like "faceplan" and "Oh. My. God." At least have the common courtesy to back it up with something.

Otherwise it seems like trolling.

Nah I reckon it's you.

Your brief responses of bull**** is just plain weird.

If you're gonna say stuff like "faceplan" and "Oh. My. God." At least have the common courtesy to back it up with something.

Otherwise it seems like trolling.

Yeah that too.

Bohemia's E3 2012 ARMA III preview trailer.

I can see me buying a desktop just for this.

if your going to post something like facepalm at least tell us what over.