Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Reb1rth.

ARMA III.

Finaly finished download Altis and it looks amazing.

My performance goes to about 10fps... but wow does it look amazing, especially when a thunderstorm comes rolling in.

I haven't checked out weather effects yet.

Where I'd get 60fps on Stratis, I get about 45-50 on Altis most of the time... in the editor anyway.

All ultra settings, view distance 3.8km...

Online it varies too much depending on what mission is being played... many of them have sloppy coding (Wasteland for example) which absolutely kills fps.

The devs however are working on Altis performance still, as mentioned in the newest SITREP.

http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00023

It seems to be object detail that is killing my performance.

Need to find a good balance.

Biggest issue I am having is that the objects are either there or they are not for me, really need low poly models for the distance...

Arma 3 is a game designed to take full advantage of modern systems, if you're having major framerate issues, chances are you just need a faster CPU. Minimum CPU is a Dual core 2.4ghz, but minimum requirements are always for low res, minimum detail settings. Recommended specs are an i5 2300 or Phenom II X4 940 or better.

I'm running a 2500k @ 4.6ghz which handles most of the game fairly well, depending on the server. Even on wasteland yesterday when a few of my mates with slower (Read: Not overclocked) CPUs were a few frames below me, while mine was fast enough to keep it at or around 30 (wasteland is notorious for poor performance).

What specs are you running?

Specs in sig.

I'd assume that my 1090T @ 4ghz with 2 7950's in crossfire (stock) would be able to handle it.

But I have noticed in the editor I get a smooth 40 on Stratis, on Altis I get about 30, and in multiplayer I get about 15.

Specs in sig.

I'd assume that my 1090T @ 4ghz with 2 7950's in crossfire (stock) would be able to handle it.

But I have noticed in the editor I get a smooth 40 on Stratis, on Altis I get about 30, and in multiplayer I get about 15.

Your cards can more than handle ultra graphics settings with AA possibly depending on the res as well. However your CPU may be letting you down, I get solid 60 on Altis and Stratis if theres nothing else on the map, in Domination on Altis I get around 40fps at 2k view distance and High grass detail (in MP those things are set and changed via the config in the server, not by your own settings) on Stratis is was closer to 55fps or so.

Yeah I'm thinking I might re-seat my the block on my CPU and see about clocking it higher... since my core 2 gets to stupid high temps under load when I OC in its current state.

If any game needs it, it's this one!

Specs in sig.

Your cards can more than handle ultra graphics settings with AA possibly depending on the res as well. However your CPU may be letting you down, I get solid 60 on Altis and Stratis if theres nothing else on the map, in Domination on Altis I get around 40fps at 2k view distance and High grass detail (in MP those things are set and changed via the config in the server, not by your own settings) on Stratis is was closer to 55fps or so.

I am lucky to get 60% usage from my single 7950 and my AMD 1100T....

Multithreading in this game is still as broken as ever.

When playing Annex on Altis I get about 85% CPU usage on my i5 3570K with 30% per card on my HD7950 Crossfire, with a mere 22-45fps depending on map location.

Mostly 24-35fps.

Hopefully if I can clock my CPU higher it'll stop necking the GPU a little...

Specs in sig.

I am lucky to get 60% usage from my single 7950 and my AMD 1100T....

Multithreading in this game is still as broken as ever.

Is that in mp or sp? Usage tends to be higher in SP making me think that the FPS is dependant on the server in mp...

SP.

Although I just put the game on a RAM disk and it seems to have improved performance a little.

GPU was getting up to 80% now.