Sign in to follow this  
robzy

A new day a new lesson learnt

Couple of things. Firstly-

LOL @ thread.

Secondly - I don't believe Xen learnt much today... his post appears blank?

Thirdly - Thank the heavens you goto Monash were even if you don't learn much - you've learnt something. At RMIT I really don't think they understand the basic of the word "introduction". 4 INNER JOIN queries is not introductory. That would be SELECT * FROM my-table "OMG SQL!"

Fourth - lol@domino's servers. I used to like their older system before that new touch screen stuff came out. AWESOME and fun to play with peak hour. I mean...

:)

LOL @ thread.

Thirdly - Thank the heavens you goto Monash were even if you don't learn much - you've learnt something. At RMIT I really don't think they understand the basic of the word "introduction". 4 INNER JOIN queries is not introductory. That would be SELECT * FROM my-table "OMG SQL!"

Fourth - lol@domino's servers. I used to like their older system before that new touch screen stuff came out. AWESOME and fun to play with peak hour. I mean...

'

Could be Swinbourne where they teach VB6

LOL @ thread.

'

Could be Swinbourne where they teach VB6

LOL - a few weeks back, I was trolling around google searching for traces of myself on old forums. I popped up in here (FANCY THAT!) and I was have a discussion in one particular thread about the uses of VB over newer (more fancy) languages. See http://archive.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp...mp;t=757&h=

As before, I'll say it again, VB has it's uses, but personally I would try to avoid it.

Anyway - you reminded me of that thread, hence me registering (I haven't a clue as to the email address I used back then, nor the password).

I just did a full search on my old username, I popped up a fair bit (not excessive, but enough to think I had TOO much time on my hands back then...).

But I thought I'd keep the same avatar to see if anyone would recognise it.. Granted it was 5 years ago.

Any institution with a pub teaches VB, and a whole range of other "disciplines."

Could these "disciplines" be "Carlton Draught" and "Rum & Cola"?

Any institution with a pub teaches VB, and a whole range of other "disciplines."

See - I'm not a fan of VB. I do like my XXXX and coronas. However when it comes to an evening to myself (and there are few of those these days) - it has to be a good whiskey and dry, maybe whiskey and coke.

PHP has become the world of my coding these days. That and Perl, namely for bashing out scripts in nix to help me out.

And for some reason, Toohey's New. I don't know why so many people enrolled in that one.

I learned that ReTech's Foodstore Manager is a total P.O.S. and they are rip-off mongrels (Even called blackmailers in Hansard!), but they do have some nice people working for them, esp the tech support guy I was talking to in Melbourne.

Yesterday I also learnt that when a girl asks you to dance, and you explain that you don't dance, it just sounds like a really shitty excuse :P

Rob.

Don't put on cologne 30 seconds after shaving.

Have you learnt anything new today?

Rob.

That's the best time to put it on. The burning alcohol sterilises the surface of your skin, thereby stopping any live bacteria from entering your bloodstream through the many near-invisible microcuts you've inflicted on your face.

Rob.

That's the best time to put it on. The burning alcohol sterilises the surface of your skin, thereby stopping any live bacteria from entering your bloodstream through the many near-invisible microcuts you've inflicted on your face.

That doesn't apply all too much to an electric shaver, does it? :P

Rob.

Yesterday I also learnt that when a girl asks you to dance, and you explain that you don't dance, it just sounds like a really shitty excuse :P

Rob.

indeed, its much more entertaining to say yes, and then stand repeatedly on their toes and start screaming "fuck! fuck! you are shit at dancing!"

Rob.

That doesn't apply all too much to an electric shaver, does it? :P

Rob.

Actually it might - it depends on how hard you press ;-p

Put it this way, if it burns, it means you have some cuts there.

Over the years I have learnt "why shave, it grows right back". Not a dissimilar idea behind making your bed, your just getting into it again the next night.

However, for some reason I still shave and make my bed "some" mornings.

Good point Kothos :P

Dazz: I shave because if I don't it get's too itchy when I sleep :P And getting into a made bed is always more comfortable.

Rob.

A made bed also looks a lot less skanky when you invite a girl over.

Speaking of girls, they also prefer clean-shaven men, or anything up to but not more than, a three-day growth :-p

Speaking of girls, they also prefer clean-shaven men, or anything up to but not more than, a three-day growth :-p

And few things in life are more important than the persuit of girls :P

Rob.

And few things in life are more important than the persuit of girls :P

Rob.

-computers

-beer

-cats

not in that order tho. :D

Rob: what's more important than women? O_o

Kothos: I beg to differ about the made beds and the ladies... Besides, don't a majority of them "ruff it up" anyway? Getting into another topic here...

Rob: Hi Rob.

FredzFrog: I think women have a better tendancy of doing things you ask them (even if you have to ask nicely/beg) than cats. Beer could indeed be better... but I don't really think it is. And computers sir... I know I don't get out much... but come on?