relativenewbie

bluetooth sound system

Hi,

I'm not sure if its practical or not but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm wondering what are peoples thoughts on using bluetooth (from a htc desire) to play music from a set of speakers?

At the moment I am connecting my phone to my pc speakers 3.5mm input to listen to music but its not very practical as I could just play the music using the pc.

Ideally I would like to have a separate set of speakers which I can connect to via bluetooth for basic music listening.

Initially I was looking into bluetooth enabled speakers systems (like the supertooth disco) but I can't justify the poor sound output for the price. I've found a bluetooth to 3.5mm converter at Dicksmith which I figure ought to do the job.

What do you guys think, would it be practical to listen to music through a set of speakers connected via bluetooth like this or am I going about it completely the wrong way?

relativenewbie

ps I don't plan on spending anymore than $200 for the speakers and adapter.

Hi,

This thread's had 88 views since I posted it but no one has anything to say which is quite suprising.

So I'm assuming I must have broken one rule or another for posting on this site, but I have no idea what it is.

Does anyone want to clarify what I did or said to insult everyone so badly that they take one look at the post and proceed to ignore it?

Relativenewbie

Got a link to the dse adaptor?

As long as it outputs via the 3.5 connector it "should" work.

Does android support music over bluetooth?

make sure the phone and the adaptor is A2DP compatible.

Otherwise its in mono and sounds like ass.

Also, if you dont want dropouts, you'll HAVE to use it within the same room. forget bluetooths apparent 10m, max20m range.

Its a neat idea; but really I prefer the idea of cheap $100 stereo systems and a decent FM transmitter.

Look for a chinese import transmitter, as theyften DONT comply to our 'weak transmission' limits.

I would recommend something like this which will basically pair up with your phone like a bluetooth headset and output to a 3.5mm jack.

Then grab any pair of speakers you want, or hook it into your existing hi-fi setup. I had a Philips lanyard version of this which worked great.

How did you find the quality? Even A2DP has nothing on even an FM transmitter in my experience.

and now we have digital radio, its crystal.