Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
hectorbustnuts

The greatest job application cover letter ever.

I'm so using that to apply for jobs in the future :P

Because you want to keep Centrelink payments rolling in?

Not entitled to anything actually. And besides, I'd use this to set myself apart from the other candidates. I wouldn't use this word for word, but a few tweaks should do the job nicely.

Not entitled to anything actually. And besides, I'd use this to set myself apart from the other candidates........

No argument here.

That's exactly what I thought. When I was on Looking for Work, I had to go into the job find place every week and apply for 4 jobs. Shit was impossible in this area, there was nothing I could really apply for. I never sent a letter like this, but it would have been fun to do.

Also, it reminds me of those types of pictures Bug posted in the link. I fucking love those motherfuckers.

Not entitled to anything actually. And besides, I'd use this to set myself apart from the other candidates. I wouldn't use this word for word, but a few tweaks should do the job nicely.

Just a joke mate. It's a bit of a poke at some of the bludgers who purposely sabotage their applications to keep benefits coming. I have nothing against people requiring support, but I've seen my fair share of slackers as well...

My colleague at my pteviois place of employment told me that he put on his resume "Likes to punch clowns on the weekend."

He got a phone interview the next day, and his boss asked him about it. He said "It's something I put in to set myself apart from the crowd."

I'm afraid to say that......that was me.

It's this guy isn't it?

thats the lonly island right?

lets add a few songs together shall we?

i just had sex, like a boss :)

That's exactly what I thought. When I was on Looking for Work, I had to go into the job find place every week and apply for 4 jobs. Shit was impossible in this area, there was nothing I could really apply for. I never sent a letter like this, but it would have been fun to do.

Also, it reminds me of those types of pictures Bug posted in the link. I fucking love those motherfuckers.

IANAL, but that's kinda a bad idea. Hilarious, but bad. Acting in such a way as to jeapardise your chance of getting a given job constitutes a 'No show no pay failure' under s42C(1)(a)(iv) of the Social Security (Administration) Act 1991 (Cth). This means that you then won't get paid for the day that you sent that letter and if you do it consistently, it may constitute a serious failure under s42M(1)(a), which would result in your allowance being unpayable for 8 weeks (s42P).

Sorry, I've been studying comparative social security law, and, well, exam time ...

Oh, and they don't have Australian textbooks over here (NL) so don't trust anything I say - I had to teach myself ...

Edited by DaCraw

IANAL, but that's kinda a bad idea. Hilarious, but bad. Acting in such a way as to jeapardise your chance of getting a given job constitutes a 'No show no pay failure' under s42C(1)(a)(iv) of the Social Security (Administration) Act 1991 (Cth). This means that you then won't get paid for the day that you sent that letter and if you do it consistently, it may constitute a serious failure under s42M(1)(a), which would result in your allowance being unpayable for 8 weeks (s42P).

Sorry, I've been studying comparative social security law, and, well, exam time ...

Oh, and they don't have Australian textbooks over here (NL) so don't trust anything I say - I had to teach myself ...

Interesting...

I've got some friends who own a business and have to 'sign off' on a sheet for job applicants to say they've applied for a position with them... however these people tend to come to the interview looking shabby, not wearing shoes etc. Whether this is on purpose or not though, I can't really say.

Surely Centrelink provides tips on how to increase your chances?