Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
twinair

Biggest BitTorrent Downloading Case in U.S. History

That's the worst reply you've ever given.

Sue me.

uh, I couldn't care less.

I did download a movie once years ago, the quality was crap ! I have a big arse TV and a bluray player with surround sound, so I want to hire, and in some cases buy a movie so I can enjoy it in high def. Watching a pixelated movie on my little 24" monitor does not thrill me at all, and forget streaming said pixelated movie to my 42" TV and the horror that would be.

And in some cases I will even go to the movies to see a film that has lots of eye candy, or a good story, or on that rare occasion where it has a combination of both.

I did download a movie once years ago, the quality was crap ! I have a big arse TV and a bluray player with surround sound, so I want to hire, and in some cases buy a movie so I can enjoy it in high def. Watching a pixelated movie on my little 24" monitor does not thrill me at all, and forget streaming said pixelated movie to my 42" TV and the horror that would be.

And in some cases I will even go to the movies to see a film that has lots of eye candy, or a good story, or on that rare occasion where it has a combination of both.

Yep, I still buy a lot of bluray movies etc.

You can also, ahhm, acquire bluray quality films.

Which still look sensational on a large LCD screen.

They even come with DTS audio.

You know, I saw the Expendables, and I still have no fucking idea what the hell it was about. I can't even remember what happened in it. Definately wasn't worth the money I paid.

It wasn't really about anything. When you've got Sylvester Stallone directing, you really can't expect too much.

Highlight of the movie:

The movie really wasn't that bad, IDK what you all expected going into there but it was pretty much as I expected and it was satisfying.

the Expendables

B-rated movies

A bit ambitious. I would have said C at most

Maybe they are suing the downloaders for bad taste in movies.

Downloaders should be suing Sylvester Stallone for making that abomination.

You know, I saw the Expendables, and I still have no fucking idea what the hell it was about. I can't even remember what happened in it. Definately wasn't worth the money I paid.

It wasn't really about anything. When you've got Sylvester Stallone directing, you really can't expect too much.

Highlight of the movie:

But that gun only has a 20-round mag, and he fired at least a hundred!

Highlight of the movie for me was The Stath beating up Cordelia's boyfriend and his douchey mates.

A US judge recently threw out one of these 'John doe' class actions stating an ip address is not an identity.

In another case, comcast was complying with a court order to release ip information to ip holders, but were doing so at a rate of 100 per month, deliberately and legally dragging their feet.

All you torrenters can breath a little easier, this isn't going to be a serious issue any time soon.

You know what would really make me laugh my nuts off?

If through successfully prosecuting all these people the whole online sharing thing almost stops and this is followed by no change whatsoever or even a drop in theater attendance and DVD/BluRay sales.

I never go to the cinema as I really CBF with the 2 hour round trip to sit in a room full of jerkoff teenagers being a pain in the arse. Much rather sit in the comfort of my own home with my own drinks and eats and watch at my leisure.

Then add that the film has been released OS for ages before we even get it.

Most of my recent DVD purchases (yet to get a BR player) have been off watching tv shows and movies that have been acquired some other way.

if it is decent I buy the disks.

Now if we could buy decent digital copies online at a reasonable price (preferably quota free) I would be all over that, so long as they do not contain any DRM shit that limits the time or number of plays or requires a "special" connection to play (fuck off and die HDCP).

if it is decent I buy the disks.

Now if we could buy decent digital copies online at a reasonable price (preferably quota free) I would be all over that, so long as they do not contain any DRM shit that limits the time or number of plays or requires a "special" connection to play (fuck off and die HDCP).

This is exactly my feelings. I've heard everyone raving about Game of Thrones, I've downloaded the eps up to current in 720p, and I've finally started watching it. Haven't even finished the first ep and I'm already going to buy it on Blu-ray.

It would not have been possible for them to make this sale without me 'stealing' their content, or hearing the good word of mouth from others who've done the same.

That said, it would be nice if we had access to the streaming sites that America does, I'm sick of the internet being this big worldwide thing, but oh, you have this IP address, therefore you are denied.

U.S. Copyright Group

Homepage

Wiki Dunlap, Grubb & Weaver Laywers named Grubb and Weaver (of lies)? Heaven forbid!

Also in July 2010, it was discovered that UCSG had copied parts of its website from a competitor without permission.

Good grief! Such naughty fellows!

BUt wait, there's more...and it's worse.

http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-censor...mmittee-110526/

The controversial PROTECT IP Act unanimously passed the Senate Judiciary Committee today. When the PROTECT IP Act becomes law U.S. authorities and copyright holders will have the power to seize domains, block websites and censor search engines to prevent copyright infringements. Introduced just two weeks ago, the bill now heads over to the Senate for further consideration and another vote.

censoredThe U.S. Government continues to back legislation that opens the door to unprecedented Internet censorship.

Two weeks ago a group of U.S. senators proposed legislation to make it easier to crack down on so-called rogue websites, and today the Senate’s Judicial Committee unanimously approved the bill.

When the PROTECT IP Act becomes law the authorities can legitimately seize any domain name they deem to be facilitating copyright infringement. All that’s required to do so is a preliminary order from the court. But that’s just the start, the bill in fact provides a broad range of censorship tools.

In case a domain is not registered or controlled by a U.S. company, the authorities can also order search engines to remove the website from its search results, order ISPs to block the website, and order ad-networks and payment processors to stop providing services to the website in question.

Cos that's what governments are for right? To protect the profits of BIG companies?

Thought so.

Funny thing is D I can see this actually hurting the US overall if it gets too bad in that some, if not a lot of, "internet companies" may just end up moving their base of operations or headquarters to other countries that are more internet friendly.

I really would laugh if this obsession with protecting their outmoded business models turns the USA in to an internet backwater.

Does it really allow them to censor search engine results?

Has Google commented on this? They are usually very vocal when search result censorship is involved, recently seen with the China issue.

Google are pretty happy to censor and manipulate things according to whatever's going on the time. I've noticed it quite a few times over the years so I don't think Google will try to buck the establishment too much. ('course I'm sure they'll deny it. :P)

Funny thing is D I can see this actually hurting the US overall if it gets too bad in that some, if not a lot of, "internet companies" may just end up moving their base of operations or headquarters to other countries that are more internet friendly.

I really would laugh if this obsession with protecting their outmoded business models turns the USA in to an internet backwater.

Yeah there were a couple of articles I followed from that link that said that websites were already moving to (ironically) China cos while China censors politically, the U.S. does it commercially. :P