Jeruselem

HTC to unlock bootloaders on phones now

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/HTC...150307320018084

There has been overwhelmingly customer feedback that people want access to open bootloaders on HTC phones. I want you to know that we've listened. Today, I'm confirming we will no longer be locking the bootloaders on our devices. Thanks for your passion, support and patience," Peter Chou, CEO of HTC

Apparently HTC will now open up the bootloaders on their phones. Good news for people who want custom ROMs on their phones

Awesome news. They aren't the first company to do this too. Hopefully one day locked bootloaders will be a distant memory.

Here's hoping AT&T doesn't drop them like a hot tamale in response.

More phones for us Australians then.

I'm thankful that we have 2ndInit on the Motorola Defy. Fuck you locked bootloaders.

Here's hoping AT&T doesn't drop them like a hot tamale in response.

More phones for us Australians then.

So you'd go running off to buy another dozen phones if AT&T dropped their support?

Might point out it probably won't directly affect us here, other than the fact that they're a major source of income for HTC and other handset manufacturers, so it'll probably have negative effects here regardless.

I'm thankful that we have 2ndInit on the Motorola Defy. Fuck you locked bootloaders.

Heh, Defy-ing Motorola, I like that. :-)