once_i_was_a_maggot

Looking for new PC speakers, 2.1

Hey guys, I've currently got the Logitech x540's which are great, but I'm wanting some 2.1 speakers now as I don't have the room or proper positioning for 5.1's.

Something as good as or better than the x540's sound wise would be great.

I also want them to look good, so maybe not Logi's, as they are dog ugly, and I'd like them to be either white or black.

I don't want to spend over $250.

Suggestions please! :)

what type of sound do you plan to use them for?

I gave up my subwoofer and 'small speakers' that they lie to combine on PC speakers in preference for some X140's, which have amazing mid range while not losing too much bass or trebel. You wont get thump or hear super detail, but these are my favorite speakers so far. Borrowed my mates Z4s and id be torn between the two.

Here are some speakers, this might suite your likings.

Altic Lansing

Altec Lansing VS24.....£19.99

Altec Lansing BXR1.....£16.99

Altec Lansing BXR1.....£29.99

Logitech

LS-21 2.1 PC Speak.....£29.99

Logitech R-10 PC S.....£14.99

Logitech X-140 Spe.....£24.99

Labtech

Labtec® Spin 9.....£16.99

Labtec Spin 46 Spe.....£9.99

Labtec® Spin 8.....£12.99

Hope this helps...

I have the Altec Lansing MX5021, and it has been good except there is a little static noise (or at least I think that's what you call it). It has a headphones hole and an auxillary hole with are both good for me (the auxillary because I plug it into my KVM switch when I want to). They go pretty loud I think and the quality of the audio seems good to me, but I am no expert.

MX5021 Product Page

Posted Image

Why has no-one said Logitech Z-2300's yet???

They sound fantastic for the price range, and the sub will kick you out of your seat when a bomb goes off in a game :P

I think they look pretty nice, much better sound than the Z4's I think, my brother has them.

I have never turned them up to full volume because it goes stupidly loud and my room is not big enough, but I didn't hear any distortion at that level.

I have the Altec Lansing MX5021, and it has been good except there is a little static noise (or at least I think that's what you call it). It has a headphones hole and an auxillary hole with are both good for me (the auxillary because I plug it into my KVM switch when I want to). They go pretty loud I think and the quality of the audio seems good to me, but I am no expert.

MX5021 Product Page

Posted Image

+1, these are meant to be very good.

Z-2300 has a very powerful sub for its price. You won't get any distortion at even high volume and excursion levels with that sub.

That's true, the sub is soooo powerful for my little bedroom. On about 1/3 bass and 1/4 volume it makes the door on my sister's room rattle lol.

Good old efficient ports.

I'd have to say Z2300's for great bass xD. I have a set of these, i upgraded from the X530's huge difference