Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
disolusiond

Age of Conan

From what I gathered about AOC when it was released was that it was buggy as hell, unfinished and suffered for it. I was told by many people that if the problems had been sorted before the release rather than after it would have been much more eagerly received and scored higher than the 80/100 that it got on metacritic. I've got 70GB to use up before the 14th and I figure all the bugs have been squashed and anything that needed finishing has been finished by now so I'm downloading the trail. Anyone still playing?

One of my mates is playing and enjoying it. I'm going to wait until it goes F2P before I give it a bash.

Any idea when f2p is happening?

In the next month or so I would imagine. They announced it a week or so back and while there is no solid date set, a few of the sites around suggest a month or 2.

Sa'weeeeeeeeeeeeet! The full game download is only $9.99 so if it's good I'll probably just pay month to month till then. Fucking download is taking forever. The highest I've seen is 300Kb/s, but it mostly fluctuates between 40Kb/s and 150Kb/s. Still 3 hours to go and that's just the last 1Gb. FML.

I have played it in the past prior to the expansion.

I have a 70ish assassin and a 70ish Conq

It is a really solid game, I love factionless MMO's you can kill and talk to anyone it adds a lot of social consequence to MMO gaming. It's the social aspects of MMOs that almost no MMO gets right.

Edited by Bundy

I've got a lvl 80 Tier 2 fitted Conqueror that I don't play anymore...thinking of selling the character. Characters name is Julius, it (was) quite well known on the forums and the old Gwahlur server...

I believe Gwahlur server got merged. You might have the option to choose which server to move to. You could possibly transfer from the current PVE one to a PVP one if you wished. I wish had gone down the PVP server route from the beginning...I might have stuck with it longer than I did.

Edited by Antraman

I've got a lvl 80 Tier 2 fitted Conqueror that I don't play anymore...thinking of selling the character. Characters name is Julius, it (was) quite well known on the forums and the old Gwahlur server...

I believe Gwahlur server got merged. You might have the option to choose which server to move to. You could possibly transfer from the current PVE one to a PVP one if you wished. I wish had gone down the PVP server route from the beginning...I might have stuck with it longer than I did.

lol PVP was the only reason I played, when I played (at launch) so much of the game wasn't complete. You would literally go into a dungeon to find that bosses had no scripting or AI they would literally stand still and let you kill them not do a single thing to attack back, most building to build cost more materials than your character could physically hold in their inventory making them impossible to build etc. If you complained about it on the forums you got banned. Funcom fucked up bad at launch.

Oh as a note it is supposedly much better now but it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth as far as paying to play a game goes. Rise of the god slayer was supposedly a great and much needed addition to the game.

Edited by Bundy

Please note: nukejockey's assumption of f2p is just that. An assumption.

What assumption about Free 2 Play did I make?

I hated it at launch, went back 12 months later and loved the shit out of it. Played it for months until the expansion came out then I went back to wow.

Only left because my guild disbanded and I didn't really have any 'friends' playing anymore.

If people started playing again I'd be back in no time, fantastic game. One of the best MMO worlds I've explored, even if it isn't seamless between zones, the zones are huge and very scenic for the most part. A lot of fun to play in the conan game world.

Combat is another thing too – amazing design, although it is hard to compete well when you're 250+ ping. If I went back I'd probably reroll a caster of some kind for that reason.

Double XP potions make levelling fast as shit as well.