Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
belal wow

FARCRY 3

I bet it will be just as repetitive as far cry 2.

Also there is something that makes those graphics look really "fake", not sure if it is the wind or the colours.

I thought it looked okay. The way the shadows interact with the foliage is nice, wonder if its PC or console footage?

I thought the Far Cry 2 engine was fairly ugly, with some really bad models (especially on trees) but this looks kinda cool.

I bet its still repetitive though.

well far cry 2 vegetation wasnt bad at all but the water was terrible.

its still open world but i hope its not repetitive.

well far cry 2 vegetation wasnt bad at all but the water was terrible.

its still open world but i hope its not repetitive.

I dunno. The Grass and stuff was okay I suppose, but the trees just looked horrible, low poly models, they looked out of place.

There was something about that engine that just looked off. But that video of FC3 definitely looks much better than Far Cry 2 did. As I said, looks a lot like Crysis on Far Cry 2 engine.

Looking good. I like the colour palette. Looks fresh, I like worlds like that. Far Cry 2 was bland, very boring world to be in.

I may be one of the few people here who liked FC 2, I also lost count of the times I set myself on fire. I also like games were you can roam around and come to your enemy from any direction. FC 3 looks like it will be good as well.

I thought it looked okay. The way the shadows interact with the foliage is nice, wonder if its PC or console footage?

I thought the Far Cry 2 engine was fairly ugly, with some really bad models (especially on trees) but this looks kinda cool.

I bet its still repetitive though.

yep it was on PC mentioned in an developer interview :)

I may be one of the few people here who liked FC 2, I also lost count of the times I set myself on fire. I also like games were you can roam around and come to your enemy from any direction. FC 3 looks like it will be good as well.

you certainly would would be in the minority

i started to play far cry 2 and enjoyed it for about two hours then the dumb arse enemies just drove me crazy respawning and having to shoot somebody 10 times to kill them, FAIL

cant see this one being any different

ill believe this will be the same pile of console shit til i see otherwise

Hey I just bought FC2 on the weekend, had to disable DX10 to get it to play but yeah, not sure how long it'll hold my interest for. :)

Edited by Director

I'm with you mate. Both Far Crys have held my attention. I played them both through twice. I actually really liked FC2. I like setting up unusual ways of taking out checkpoints and bases.

This looks lush but the character modelling and textures look a bit naff compared to what I think they're capable of these days.

I'm probably in the majority of people who were incredibly irritated by Far Cry 2, it's so boring and dull, all the missions were the same, the gunplay was unsatisfactory, you didn't care about anyone and those respawning enemies ruined the game completely, the repition of clearing out enemies in between missions with gameplay that didn't *feel* interesting was the banality of that experience. Everytime you drove pass another car they would ram into you, pause, and then jump out to shoot you, every time you went on a mission.

Having said this that monologue was excellent, it was beautifully animated and engrossing. It wouldn't take much to improve Far Cry 3 over it's predecessor. Give it a meaningful story, tighten up the controls & when you clear an encampment, YOU'VE CLEARED THAT ENCAMPMENT! Colour me interested for now.

Edited by King_TriTAN

reminds me i should try to get back into far cry 2 for maybe the 4th time...game was just terrible for me, at least it looked good i guess

one of the worst purchases ever

I'm probably in the majority of people who were incredibly irritated by Far Cry 2, it's so boring and dull, all the missions were the same, the gunplay was unsatisfactory, you didn't care about anyone and those respawning enemies ruined the game completely, the repition of clearing out enemies in between missions with gameplay that didn't *feel* interesting was the banality of that experience. Everytime you drove passed someone they would ram into you, pause, and then jump out to shoot you, every time you went on a mission.

I feel the same way...

But also, I always felt, while driving around in jeeps and stuff that Far Cry 2 would've worked better as an animal hunting game. :P

I dunno, it just had that kind of visual feel.

Edited by Reb1rth.

I love Far Cry 2 as well man. I'm playing through it again atm. Yes the side missions to unlock guns were repetitive as fuck. Yes the AI could be less than questionable. Yes the road patrols got to be an almost unavoidable pain in the ass after you had to deal with them for the 20th time. I loved the world though. I loved feeling like I was trying to survive in war torn Africa. I loved stalking dudes through the bush like a predator. Believe it or not I spent almost the entire game walking, I hardly ever used vehicular transport. With better AI I think it could have been a AAA title. I was actually quite pissed to find out that FC3 wasn't also set in Africa.

I think it looks pretty good. Enough to make me want to play through the original and then load up number 2!

A bit tricky to judge - 2/3rd of that appears to be cut-scene.

The fact that Ubisoft are involved in any way sends bad vibes for me.

Also note the slide move is still in there, more bad vibes.

IMO the best way to rescue Far Cry would be for Crytek to keep it all in-house, and go back to the original game mechanics with the improved engine.

Hey I just bought FC2 on the weekend, had to disable DX10 to get it to play but yeah, not sure how long it'll hold my interest for. :)

Bored with it yet?

I honestly probably spent almost as long playing with the editor as I did with the actual game.

So, probably 20 hours all up. Pretty poor spend of 90 bucks, that.

Edited by Rybags

A bit tricky to judge - 2/3rd of that appears to be cut-scene.

The fact that Ubisoft are involved in any way sends bad vibes for me.

Also note the slide move is still in there, more bad vibes.

IMO the best way to rescue Far Cry would be for Crytek to keep it all in-house, and go back to the original game mechanics with the improved engine.

Crytek don't own the rights to Far Cry. They had nothing to do with Far Cry 2, so the franchise is already fucked. Crysis = the real successor to far cry.

I didn't realise they'd released ownership to that extent.

There's a map mod for Crysis worth checking out. Reproduces the early level of Far Cry where you first encounter the hang-glider (just after you've blown up the transmitter station).

Obviously, it's "polluted" by having the suit, but does give a good impression of where they could have taken the whole thing if they'd held onto it.

Edited by Rybags

Another 3? Geez, too many already.

Farcry 3 sounds too bland to my taste. Not impressed yet.

Exactly what I was going to say.