Bundy

Playstaion Vita

So I got home from work and caught up on E3 news, delighted to find that the next psp is only

$249 US for wifi version

$299 US for 3G verson

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-...ion-vita/715022

That is $50-100 cheaper than pre-announcement estimates.

It looks like a pretty robust system,

Dual touch pad, multi touch screen, front rear cameras, six axis, dual analogue sticks.

Cross game voice chat sounds good too.

For me, so far I can see me only wanting the basic WiFi version as I don't actually take my portables outside the house.

Edited by Bundy

The pricing is amazingly reasonable considering the hardware specifications - if Sony can provide the software the platform may well be a huge success.

Yea, i am hopeful with games like Uncharted already being demo'd on Vita that it will have a good launch lineup.

Looks hawt, but I still do not want. The US$249 price announcement is the closest thing to a megaton we've had this E3.

Cue the geeks trying to put Linux on it like they did with the original PSP.

(Completely ignoring the fact that the original lacked a MMU and thus couldn't run the environment they're used to seeing.)

I'll be one of those guys trying to hack it to play original PS1 games on it. Besides, it's got the power and capacity...

I'll be one of those guys trying to hack it to play original PS1 games on it. Besides, it's got the power and capacity...

Final Fantasy 7/8/9 on a psp sounds like a marvelous prospect.

Well the said its compatible with all current psp downloadable games so FF7 is already on it right, no need for emulaiton?

Well the said its compatible with all current psp downloadable games so FF7 is already on it right, no need for emulaiton?

Oh yeah that's right i remember reading something about FF7 released on the ps store for psp a year or 2 ago. Well I'm sure there's some other great titles on ps1 that would be delightful on a portable psp like Parasite Eve or Vagrant Story. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I hear we get the EU price, meaning we pay approx 340 AUS retail.

I hope it's region free because it looks like I will be ordering this from overseas with my mate.

I hear we get the EU price, meaning we pay approx 340 AUS retail.

O_O I'm going to have to wait for a price drop then. T_T

So I got home from work and caught up on E3 news, delighted to find that the next psp is only

$249 US for wifi version

$299 US for 3G verson

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-...ion-vita/715022

That is $50-100 cheaper than pre-announcement estimates.

It looks like a pretty robust system,

Dual touch pad, multi touch screen, front rear cameras, six axis, dual analogue sticks.

Cross game voice chat sounds good too.

For me, so far I can see me only wanting the basic WiFi version as I don't actually take my portables outside the house.

The price is reasonable and with its release this Holiday Season, it is going to be the death of PSP.

Its affordability and specs are the main factors people couldn't resist in getting one.. well, at least I'm saying this as a gamer.

Yea. I mean, if the titles are there I will get one at launch.

If it is similar to the 3DS launch tho I will hold off.

Wifi model + Android phone tethering = WIN.

I'll likely import one for the prices they have suggested, we always get the short end of the stick when it comes to pricing.

Loving the idea though, was a little iffy on the name but it is slowly growing on me.

Ill buy one. I just hope it keeps my attention longer than the psp did...

They only games i felt that were worthy of playing were the FF series they put on it

Meh. Get the Phone version of it. you can play Minecraft on the Expiria Play (spelt corectly?) maybe MC on PSV?

I'll be getting this but no way am I paying the Aussie tax. Import from US day 1.

That might actually be worth a look. Haven't been interested in a handheld in ages, maybe I'll jump in and see how I go.

I mean, you know me, I'll no doubt hate everything about it and spend a vast quantity of time moaning to anyone who'll listen that games aren't what they used to be and if this is what it's all come to then why don't I just go take up cross stitch, but it's the doing of the thing, you know?

That might actually be worth a look. Haven't been interested in a handheld in ages, maybe I'll jump in and see how I go.

I mean, you know me, I'll no doubt hate everything about it and spend a vast quantity of time moaning to anyone who'll listen that games aren't what they used to be and if this is what it's all come to then why don't I just go take up cross stitch, but it's the doing of the thing, you know?

Welcome to the club.

Buy the remakes of the Square snes games off the PSN store, problem solved...

Buy the remakes of the Square snes games off the PSN store, problem solved...

Mr.Twinkie likes this.

Ew, Square, no.

Don't worry Street fighter is coming to Vita too! It's already confirmed.

I heard a new Silent Hill named Book of Memories is getting made for the Vita. Haven't played much Silent Hill in my life but when my friend brought his ps2 to my place and fired up Silent Hill 4: The Room some years ago, that ..did ...scare ...me.

So I'm might be looking forward to trying this one out. :D

Edited by Mr.Twinkie