Bundy

Playstaion Vita

I heard a new Silent Hill named Book of Memories is getting made for the Vita. Haven't played much Silent Hill in my life but when my friend brought his ps2 to my place and fired up silent hill 4 the room some years ago, that ..did ...scare ...me.

So I'm might be looking forward to try this one out. :D

I trust anything that comes out of Konami as long as Kojima is still overseeing it, that guy shits gaming brilliance.

Ew, Square, no.

One cannot expect much sanity from the person who owns every copy of Shaq Fu in existence...

I am reading on various news sites that Vita is confirmed region free, not a surprise but nice to know for sure.

http://n4g.com/news/785073/region-free-gam...ming-to-ps-vita

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2011/6/13/...g_coming_to_ps/

"During a meeting with members of the European and Australian press, Michael Denny, Sony’s Vice President of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe, said that to the best of his knowledge the Vita will be region-free."

I will note that you may want to be careful with regions if you plan on using transfarring.

Edited by Bundy

I am reading on various news sites that Vita is confirmed region free, not a surprise but nice to know for sure.

http://n4g.com/news/785073/region-free-gam...ming-to-ps-vita

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2011/6/13/...g_coming_to_ps/

"During a meeting with members of the European and Australian press, Michael Denny, Sony’s Vice President of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe, said that to the best of his knowledge the Vita will be region-free."

Me pleased.

Posted Image

That might actually be worth a look. Haven't been interested in a handheld in ages, maybe I'll jump in and see how I go.

I mean, you know me, I'll no doubt hate everything about it and spend a vast quantity of time moaning to anyone who'll listen that games aren't what they used to be and if this is what it's all come to then why don't I just go take up cross stitch, but it's the doing of the thing, you know?

ily tak.

Also, I might buy a Vita if the price is right.

Seems Sony are really making all the right moves here (are you listening Nintendo?). Which ... is quite a shock for me.

The unit looks amazing, its a great price and it's region free ... considering I loved my PSP I can see this as an easy purchase for myself :)

Yea, I really feel sony has learnt from the past with regards to price point, their price of 600 for the ps3 @ e3 2006 was met with stone cold silence. At the market place even tho they made ground up later their console was the slowwest to move off the shelves by far infact tyre were months where thee ps2 was selling better.

Its also possible they will have more quality launch titles than 3ds.

Just thought I would update the thread with some Specs and comparison between Vita and PSP3000 (current retail version of PSP).

Official specs are from Sony and random media

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/tech-specs/

The vita is larger and it is the only complaint that I have heard so far from the media is that smaller hands cant reach the center of the screen comfortably without taking their hands away form the buttons.

Size

Vita

5" OLED Touch Screen @ 960x544 (16:9)

PSP 3000

4.3" TFT @ 480×272 (16:9)

Launch titles. This is a list of 'launch' titles going around I have found it on various sites. I actually question it's accuracy, notably the inclusion of Bioshock on the list as well as Call of Duty from what I know I don't see how they could possibly make launch but hey I could be wrong.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss Resistance

Killzone

Real Fighters

Little Deviant

Call of Duty

Lumines

Sonic Generations

Hustle Kings

Top Darts

Mr. Ink Jet

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Plus II

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Mortal Kombat

Lego Harry Potter (5-7 years)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012

F1 2011

Hot Shot Golf (Everybody's Golf)

FIFA 12

Wipeout 2048

Smart Ash

Broken

Super Stardust Delta

Sound Shapes

LittleBigPlanet

Dynasty Warriors

Gelding

Bioshock

Street Fighter Tekken x

ModNation Racers

Virtua Tennis 4

Ridge Racer

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Gravity

Dust 514

Michael Jackson: The Experience

Dragon's Crown

Shinobido 2

Rugby Challenge

It should also be noted that all PSN:PSP games will be compatible and reportedly will all have functionality with control updates to support dual analogue sticks, this should work really well with games like Peace Walker and Monster hunter. I found Peace Walkers only drawback was the lack of a second thumb stick.

Np,

Keep in mind that if you are interested in a game look it up specifically. I think that list wont all by at launch.

Sony makes handhelds for grown ups.

Whereas Nintendo makes handhelds for kids.

/runs

Edited by krispy89

I mean, you know me, I'll no doubt hate everything about it and spend a vast quantity of time moaning to anyone who'll listen that games aren't what they used to be and if this is what it's all come to then why don't I just go take up cross stitch, but it's the doing of the thing, you know?

Buy the remakes of the Square snes games off the PSN store, problem solved...

I remember going to Gametraders one day and saw Final Fantasy 7 in its box in a glass case selling for 200 bucks. Holy duck, better off get the pc version. People modded better textures and etc anywais. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Errr ... well yeah I guess they do, but I definitely played my DS more than my PSP ... and I've been a 'grown up' for a while now.

I just did some quick maths,

The dimensions of the screen if its 5" @ 16:9

must be near 4.35"x2.45" (aprox) with 960x544 that's around 220 ppi.

I don't really know of any device with displays that high, maybe some high end cameras but I don't know too much about them.

To give you an idea a standard 1080p 24" monitor is less than 100ppi.

We may even save some money on games it is expected that titles for the Ps Vita will be $40 according to gamestop which is already accepting pre orders online.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-vita

note

Uncharted

Little Big planet

and the rest

are all $39.95

I think pricing is something they couldn't ignore, or fight. If PSV games are too high they'll just get owned by iOS and Android.

Even $39 is possibly iffy for best sales volume. Not sure if they could have gone even less and aimed for much higher quantities bought instead.

I'm psyched for this. Having two sticks is the single factor that could have me carting a handheld around again instead of just using my iPhone.

Yea i was going to say I have paid both less and more than $40 for psp games in the past.

Some retail psp games at Jb are 65bucks (rip off i know)

but you can order games from the UK for 20-35ish.

So 40 seems to be a middle ground.

Yes but they've got with proprietary storage again...doesn't matter how cheap the games are if you are forking out an inflated price for storage.

Sony makes handhelds for grown ups.

Whereas Nintendo makes handhelds for kids.

/runs

You seem to run alot from your posts.

You deserve a cookie!

Posted Image