Bundy

Playstaion Vita

Looks lovely. (game and the psp vita features)

This is what the playstation phone should of been like

like having a dedicated handheld gaming system. As soon as I finish......

I'm more meaning that the xperia play is a half arsed effort as a 'gaming' device.

But yeah dedicated gaming device vs using a phone.

If they had made the Vita there mobile phone gaming device they it would compete very well against the iPhone/casual market and the 'hardcore' dedicated gaming device scene.

Hell the vita can take a sim card anyways for data access. Why not just throw phone functionality in there and a virtualized version of android or something.

They would of won the market over nicely imo.

Edited by PointZeroOne

like having a dedicated handheld gaming system. As soon as I finish......

I'm more meaning that the xperia play is a half arsed effort as a 'gaming' device.

But yeah dedicated gaming device vs using a phone.

If they had made the Vita there mobile phone gaming device they it would compete very well against the iPhone/casual market and the 'hardcore' dedicated gaming device scene.

Hell the vita can take a sim card anyways for data access. Why not just throw phone functionality in there and a virtualized version of android or something.

They would of won the market over nicely imo.

Pretty sure its just a bit too big to be a dedicated phone :P

Pretty sure its just a bit too big to be a dedicated phone :P

Of course it is. But the Xperia play is a bit underpowered etc to be a contender as a gaming device.

If they'd brought the play up in spec more or something.....

But yeah they've really missed the mark here, but this conversation should be in a Xperia play thread....

I said it before and I'll say it again.... You mad bro?

Sorry just wanna have a poke at the guy that has mr in his/her name.

You posted . twice in this thread. Trying to make a point or something?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

if they do a bundle with a 3G+Wi-Fi vita, a decent game and a accessors pack for $400 im sold!

The more and more i read about this Vita the more buzzed i get. But I think I'll probably just wait for them to make an updated, slim and lite version of the vita a year after its released. I mean its probable right?

The more and more i read about this Vita the more buzzed i get. But I think I'll probably just wait for them to make an updated, slim and lite version of the vita a year after its released. I mean its probable right?

There will defiantly be a lite version, the reason they make a lite version is because after x amount of time they source new methods/manufacturers to produce the device cheaper. 9 times out of 10 even though they charge us less for it they usually make bigger profit margins on the 2nd editions (per unit) so it's almost certainly going to happen. What isn't guaranteed is the time frame, it could be anywhere between 6months and 2 years depending on the success of the 1st edition. Edited by Bundy

bump

soooo It's coming out soon. Anyone getting one?

I'm tempted by Vodafones $55/month for 12months plan that comes with 1Gb data. Only way I'll be getting one unless I pull my finger out and sell my car.

I wouldn't game/browse on 3G because I have a phone with a similar sized screen and a tablet that can do that, so if I got one I'd be paying $350 for the wifi version.

That and I can make my phone a portable wifi hotspot which would get better reception and speeds from telsuck than through vodafail anyway.

I wouldn't game/browse on 3G because I have a phone with a similar sized screen and a tablet that can do that, so if I got one I'd be paying $350 for the wifi version.

That and I can make my phone a portable wifi hotspot which would get better reception and speeds from telsuck than through vodafail anyway.

Of course and it is a tempting option to just buy the wifi version. (if I had the money)

Of course and it is a tempting option to just buy the wifi version. (if I had the money)

Oh, I wasn't saying that in rebuttal to your comment, I completely understand going on a pay-by-month contract to get something, I just did it recently with a Samsung Galaxy Tab :P

Oh, I wasn't saying that in rebuttal to your comment, I completely understand going on a pay-by-month contract to get something, I just did it recently with a Samsung Galaxy Tab :P

fair enough.

Hrm I guess I could wait until I get some overtime/oncall pay and then buy it straight up.....

Well I'm considering getting one ... but not for that price. Especially since there are reports of shitty firmware, etc on the Japan release. If those aren't fixed, why bother?

Well I'm considering getting one ... but not for that price. Especially since there are reports of shitty firmware, etc on the Japan release. If those aren't fixed, why bother?

And the fact that the Wi-Fi version in the US is only $250 USD, compared to $350 here. Considering the AUS$ is at around $1.07US at the moment, might be a better option to just import and pay for postage.

And the fact that the Wi-Fi version in the US is only $250 USD, compared to $350 here. Considering the AUS$ is at around $1.07US at the moment, might be a better option to just import and pay for postage.

This -> http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiF...6803&sr=8-2

and this -> http://www.comgateway.com

This -> http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiF...6803&sr=8-2

and this -> http://www.comgateway.com

Boy does that $350 launch bundle look satisfying, do you think the games would be region coded or is that not something that matters with the vita?

Boy does that $350 launch bundle look satisfying, do you think the games would be region coded or is that not something that matters with the vita?

Vita is completely region free

Vita is completely region free

Posted Image