Bundy

Playstaion Vita

Yeah, DSE told me that I can get it replaced through one of their other stores (which have stock) because I got their last one, annoying, but shouldn't be an issue by the time I get the new one tonight.

Need to give Dynasty Warriors and Uncharted more of a bash.

arise thread! arise!

So how's everyone going with their Vitas?

Good bad, lineup lacking?

Am getting one soon, curious to find peoples opinions.

The current lineup is lacking and the lack of PSX support still is infuriating, but there are some enjoyable games to play.

I know your opinion, was hoping for others :P

But I find the 3DS lineup lacking as well, so it should balance out...

Edited by PointZeroOne

According to Sony at the GamesCom briefing, PSOne Classics support is coming to Vita 'late August', so very soon! Not all games will be playable immediately though, however they said over 100 will be playable to start with, including FF7 and Metal Gear Solid.

I do find the Vita lineup somewhat lacking, but being able to play PSP games with dual sticks has made my Vita worthwhile. I don't regret buying it like I kinda did in the first few months of owning my 3DS. (3DS lineup is fantastic now though IMO)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is fantastic on Vita, as is Mortal Kombat. Perfect portable fighter platform.

Fuck yes! They better not be bullshitting! Half the reason I got a vita was for psone support, I know I could have gotten a PSP for that, but I also wanted the new tech.

I've got 2 PSPs, but I havent touched them since getting the Vita. Even though I had PSOne games I was partway through, it's hard to go back to the PSP's washed out screen after the gorgeous Vita OLED!

Yeah its a very nice hand held as far as features and specs go, but god damn it, how hard could it be to get PSOne compatibility working.

why not just make a very cut down ps3 so games can be ported easily? doesnt seem the specs are miles off

I recall reading that PS3 games are easily ported.

why not just make a very cut down ps3 so games can be ported easily? doesnt seem the specs are miles off

There are already several cross platform games and more to come.

Sony also announced that any cross platform titles purchased on PS3 will be downloadable for free on the Vita.

Just picked up a 2nd handwhite one here in Tokyo for cheap. Absolutely stunning screen and so easy to use. Picked up 3 games so far, Uncharted is ok, still not sold on it yet. Wipeout is exactly what you expect from a wipeout game awesome. I also picked up Everybody's golf but didn't realise till I got back to my hotel that is has no English support! Oh well looks like its time to learn Japanese for real.

Just picked up a 2nd handwhite one here in Tokyo for cheap. Absolutely stunning screen and so easy to use. Picked up 3 games so far, Uncharted is ok, still not sold on it yet. Wipeout is exactly what you expect from a wipeout game awesome. I also picked up Everybody's golf but didn't realise till I got back to my hotel that is has no English support! Oh well looks like its time to learn Japanese for real.

You should look at getting Unit 13, probably the most enjoyable and full fledged game on the console.

Has online coop too which is quite fun.

www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/4438-sony-already-showing-off-a-few-games-due-out-on-playstation-mobile

Android/vita games, guess it was bound to happen.

You should look at getting Unit 13, probably the most enjoyable and full fledged game on the console.

Cool there was a copy of that in the 2nd hand bin might go check it out. Is the online the same as PS3 game where you require an online pass? If so I may just buy it brand new.

Cool there was a copy of that in the 2nd hand bin might go check it out. Is the online the same as PS3 game where you require an online pass? If so I may just buy it brand new.

Yeah afaik Unit 13 does require an online pass, I bought it off PSN though.

All the online pass gets you in Unit 13 afaik is access to worldwide and friends leaderboards, and the co-op mode. If they don't matter to you, it's not worth bothering with buying the pass.

There are a few Cross Buy Vita/PS3 games out, and more to come. Sound Shapes, Motorstorm RC, as well as All Stars Battle Royale and Sly 4 to come. Buy once play on either platform.

Ok picked up a Vita today.

Along with Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Uncharted and marvel vs capcom

PSN ident: PointZeroOne-AI

Marvel Vs Capcom is a fantastic port. It loooks gorgeous on the Vita, and controls pretty damn well. Not arcade stick well, but pretty well regardless :P

Gravity Rush looks great too, I haven't got it but I definitely have it on my list for when I've finished some more of my backlog.

Question:

If you have a PSN account with some downloadable PSX games on it for PS3, when the PSX support comes through, will I be able to play them on the vita rather then/as well as on my ps3?

Question:

If you have a PSN account with some downloadable PSX games on it for PS3, when the PSX support comes through, will I be able to play them on the vita rather then/as well as on my ps3?

I believe so. I'll be pissed if you can't.

Question:

I believe so. I'll be pissed if you can't.

well, that may sell me on one.

are the games worth 50-60 bucks?

wouldnt mind one but to buy it with the handfall of games so far doesnt seem worth it

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vit...ter-pack/666279

is this deal any good?

uncharted seems the only game i would like

Uncharted is okay, but don't expect an experience the same calibre as the ps3 games.

$350 for a bundle with a game and starter pack is pretty good. But remember you're looking at between $30-$100 for a memory unit too.