Bundy

Playstaion Vita

I'm about to buy one of these. I'm starting a new job as a cabbie in a week or so and I figured it'd be a good purchase to have in the cab with me for when I'm waiting on a fair. So, what games are worth getting? I have no idea.

Depends on what you're into, but Unit 13 has been the only game I've really enjoyed so far. Thats not to say there aren't others worth getting though.

Gravity Rush seems like a pretty good RPG, I loved the demo but wasn't a fan of the full game, not sure why.

Motorstorm RC is good fun and purchasing it gets you a free copy to download on your PS3, as does Hustle Kings, both enjoyable games.

Marvel vs Capcom is supposedly really good on Vita, although I think I'll be waiting for Street Fighter X Tekken.

just bought one of the uncharted starter packs from jb

was happy with the price until i started to look at the mem card prices

what a rip

i can see where they plan to make money

got the 16gb but that wouldnt take long to fill and apparently your account is locked to one card

can see the homebrewers really having a good crack at this thing so i can understand it is a protection measure but it is a ripoff that seems unnecessary

anyone find a good link for upcoming games?

the ones ive looked at have all been old

I thought it was one account per memory card and that memory card can only be used on the Vita it's synced with

I thought it was one account per memory card and that memory card can only be used on the Vita it's synced with

teah thats the way i read it

would be nice to have more than one card linked to an account

No.

You're misinterpreting PZO, what he is saying is, you can have as many memory cards you want, but they get locked to your PSN account.

You can have 5 cards on your vita, but they will be locked to your PSN account. Get it?

And 5 is just a random number, afaik you could an infinite amount of cards.

so we're all saying the same thing but different ways then?

Also I'm really enjoying Gravity Rush.

Then again I haven't owned an xbox/ps3 and so haven't been exposed to this style RPG all that much.

Then again I haven't owned an xbox/ps3 and so haven't been exposed to this style RPG all that much.

No, we're saying the same thing, lemaster is saying that you can only have 1 card linked to an account.

No, we're saying the same thing, lemaster is saying that you can only have 1 card linked to an account.

oh right, I misread your other post.

I blame not having my coffee.

Picked up some Vita headphones with inline mic.

I'm sure they'd be great for voice chat. But omg the actual sound they put out is atrocious. No base at all, so everything sounds high and tiny. They sound like $5 headphones.

1.8 update is out. I have just successfully downloaded Resident Evil 3 on my ps3 and it is now copying across to my vita via USB.

So to answer your question with a little more authority Sir_Substance (Speaking of which, where the hell have you been man?) you can re-download and install psx titles that you purchased on the ps3.

Awesome!

Plugged my Vita in to charge last night and it wouldn't charge. I was thinking WTF it can't be broken! unplug all the cables plug them in again, nothing, still no charging.

So I google 'Vita not charging' and find that other people have had this problem! Now I'm thinking oh noes it's a common problem and I'll have to return it!

Turns out the damn cable can be put in upside!

hahaha, i accidentally nearly put mine in upside down yesterday, but it made a weird crunching noise as i was doing it, so i knew.

Yeah no crunching noise, it just went in fine

-------------

Just came across this article on Need for Speed Most Wanted.

They're saying they've taken the PS3 version of the game and fitted it onto the Vita as in it's the same game. This is great and hopefully other devs try and do this as well.

Edited by PointZeroOne

Successfully moved all my PSOne game saves from my PSPGo and PS3 onto the Vita, very happy with that!

Have downloaded all of my PSOne games to the Vita as well. Only one of the games I own on PSN won't work on Vita (Future Cop LAPD) which is a shame, but I'm sure it will be supported soon.

For now, I must push forward in Silent Hill.

Also, since someone asked, you don't need to buy PlayStation Classics again on Vita, ones you've bought on PS3 or PSP will work just fine, as long as they're on the list of support games (most are).

Edited by ninjacatfish

I got FF5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 all downloaded to my Vita. Haven't tested each out, but it looks like they will work.

Pretty sure I saw all the PS1 Final Fantasy games on the compatible list.

Full list is available here.

I was looking forward to playing some PSOne games BUT you need a ps3 at this stage to get them onto the Vita!

Some might appear on the Vita store today I'd expect. They usually update the PSN store late Wednesday/early Thursday afaik.

And they're showing up on the Vita store now. Just grabbed Metal Gear Solid, as I've never actually finished it before.

Not sure if we'll see ps2 games. The way they are doing the ps1 games is wrapping them as PSP games and using the PSP emulator to play them. (or so I've read).

There is plenty of games on the ps1 worth playing

Edited by PointZeroOne