BoonyPC

Fallout 3

First reviews are out today....

IGN

Gamespot

Eurogamer

Well seems like a big thumbs up all around so far.

Was going to leave it, but well, think I might have to get it now. Saving some dosh for a new PC so think I will go the trade in route...JB has trade 3 games in, get it free.....time to part with Bioshock, Mass Effect and GoW....been gathering dust for months now.

I think someone should ban the phrase Oblivion(with guns!).

Out on the 31st(Friday) Officially down here.

First reviews are out today....

IGN

Gamespot

Eurogamer

Well seems like a big thumbs up all around so far.

Was going to leave it, but well, think I might have to get it now. Saving some dosh for a new PC so think I will go the trade in route...JB has trade 3 games in, get it free.....time to part with Bioshock, Mass Effect and GoW....been gathering dust for months now.

I think someone should ban the phrase Oblivion(with guns!).

Out on the 31st(Friday) Officially down here.

From the looks of it in the pc games thread at least one store in Melbourne has broken street date. I hope the rest follow suit, I'm jonesing like a motherfucker.

If this game is even half as good as Oblivion it will destroy my life... Cannot wait for it, sorry Far Cry 2 you're on the backburner once this hits everything is.

I'll be picking mine up on 360. Should be an absolute blast- although amazingly, I have a life this week! Just my luck, eh? :P

Giant bomb is probably the best videogame site on the intrawebs these days. They're credible, know their audience, have excellent coverage and understand most importantly that videogames should be fun yet they know when it's appropriate to be serious as well, great site.

There's too much good coming out and it's really hard to decide what's gonna earn my cash first (they're all gonna be bought!).

Fallout 3

Call of Duty: World At War

Gears of War 2

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Scene It? 2

and even a couple of others I'll probably get into...

Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I need to win Lotto dammit...

I think just by virtue of being first released, it'll be Fallout 3 (not that it's not super awesome too, especially if these reviews and Bethesda's past achievements are anything to go by).

ARGH!

This is quite possibly the best review I've read. Spot on.

He claims the enemies level up with you like Oblivion, which they don't. Also, he only hit level 15. The Eurogamer review criticises the game after you hit level cap (20) a little bit. I don't think he really played or paid much attention to the game.

Got a message to put this game on sale. First thing I did was send Ug Lee a message to tell him that street date was broken and that I had his copy at work.

Then I grabbed my Fallout 3 shirt and put it on so I could wear it for the rest of the day.

:D

Out of the vault, into the world and just kind of wandering about at the moment. Exploring the school at the moment and bumping into the baddies inside there and i'm loving it.

IGN gave the 360 version 9.6 and the PS3 version 9.4

I deduct from this that the 360 is far superior to the Playstation3 in every respect.

IGN gave the 360 version 9.6 and the PS3 version 9.4

I deduct from this that the 360 is far superior to the Playstation3 in every respect.

Reviews from IGN are sketchy at best but much like BIA: Hells Highway where i heard a developer say on a podcast "You just get more frames per second for your dollar on the 360" same issue. Some developers still don't have development properly nailed down for the PS3 yet which is unfortunate, you shouldn't be penalised in quality for the same product because of your choice of system. In other news cause i don't want this to turn into another dumbtarded PS3 vs. 360 thread. Fallout 3 is totally sweet and blasting radioactive ants has never been more fun!

MGS4 should be on 360, coz it's better.

Nah, the PS3 needs some exclusive games worth getting ;) Back to fallout though.

I havent even touched the main quest yet, I just picked a direction and started walking.

I just made the most incredibly fun character

S = 10

P = 1

E = 10

C = 1

I = 10

A = 1

L = 7

Just melee/unarmed everything. I blew up Megaton after murdering everyone. Quite profitable :D

Yeah, I took it home last night. Didn't go to bed 'til 5 this morning. And got up at 7 to make brekky for the better half, then spent an hour playing it some more before going to work. I'm totoally loving, drawbacks and all.

The PS3 version runs like shit in my opinion; stuttery frame rates and bizarre caching issues at times. I don't think it's a stunner on any of the systems either.

But I didn't care - I made a chick who kills everyone after taunting the ever-loving crap out of them. Small guns, unarmed (similar to yours Kunzie). I blew Megaton up as well, and then murdered everyone in Tenpenny tower as well, just for good measure. Actually, what tipped me over was the fact that I blew that ghoul away at the entrance to Tenpenny Tower, and then accepted the quest to kill him afterwards, and couldn't complete the quest because I had already killed him. So I decided just to do away with everyone.

Yeah, I took it home last night. Didn't go to bed 'til 5 this morning. And got up at 7 to make brekky for the better half, then spent an hour playing it some more before going to work. I'm totoally loving, drawbacks and all.

The PS3 version runs like shit in my opinion; stuttery frame rates and bizarre caching issues at times. I don't think it's a stunner on any of the systems either.

But I didn't care - I made a chick who kills everyone after taunting the ever-loving crap out of them. Small guns, unarmed (similar to yours Kunzie). I blew Megaton up as well, and then murdered everyone in Tenpenny tower as well, just for good measure. Actually, what tipped me over was the fact that I blew that ghoul away at the entrance to Tenpenny Tower, and then accepted the quest to kill him afterwards, and couldn't complete the quest because I had already killed him. So I decided just to do away with everyone.

I JUST finished the Tenpenny Tower quest then. Not only do you have to kill the guy at the entrance, but his friend and his friend's girlfriend also (both ghouls). They're in the nearby train tunnels.

Now I'm on my way to the Super Duper Mart for the ever chipper (newly-turned) ghoul friend of mine. Muahahaaha. BTW, being a vicious SOB really does pay off. 2,000 caps before level 5. Going to deck out my pad in Tenpenny Tower with a workbench and science lab :D

Oh, if you haven't already, don't kill Tenpenny and Bourke, because your Karma will increase, and we don't want that now :P

Oh, if you haven't already, don't kill Tenpenny and Bourke, because your Karma will increase, and we don't want that now :P

this is what I love about this game, you guys are having a totally different experience than me!