BoonyPC

Fallout 3

Mozza, I've got a 50" 1080p telly, but aside from the the vista and draw distance which both left me for breath, the character models and everything up close just didn't leave me agasp. And it's hard to be excitied about endless greys.

Kunzie, I went for walkies through the nearby train station purely because everyone in Tenpenny was whining about the ghouls in there. And at the end of the tunnel I killed some ghoul dude who was on his own, um, I forget his name. I didn't find a GF though. I have a save game prior to that, so I might go exploring a bit closer when it isn't 4am in the morning :)

I was torn on the inside, because I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

And yeah, my Karma did go up, but my PIPboy is still a horny devil, and I'm a 'plunderer'. And it was totally worth it for the VATS-slowmo-eyeball-out-of-the-head moment :D

I'm still in the vault- only had about an hour to play last night, but I'm having fun thus far. Kicking the everloving crap out of Butch and his crew of douchehammers on V.A.T.S was awesome :P

Not quite sure whether I'll play a good or a neutral character... I'm sort of thinking maybe an anti-hero, a mercenary with a conscience or something. For a bit of fun though, I tried to design him as my great-great-great-great-great-great-great (give or take a few greats) grandson :P

/snip

I tried to design him as my great-great-great-great-great-great-great (give or take a few greats) grandson :P

Hahaha, I love it! I'm playing as a hawt chick who doesn't take to being called 'darl', 'babe', or 'kid' :P

And I plan for my second run through (which I'm kinda of doing concurrently on another save game), I'm trying to be (and do) the exact opposite of the chick character in every way - it'll be interesting to see how the game develops around the 2 opposites!

This game fucking owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

*sigh*

I might have to get the game soon. I was hoping to get it later, but everyone has said how awesome it is.

Especially since my boss thinks this game will be awesome on my new console setup.

You fail. It looks great on my 40" 1080p.

Oh yeah, it looks great, for sure. I just said it wasn't stunning, which is a minor, yet significant difference :P

And I far, far from fail. Atleast by 10" hehe.

For me, at the moment, Fable is ever so slightly edging Fallout, simply in terms of sheer density. Weird as it is, but Fallout seems so much more 'barren'. I know that's kind of the idea, but the sheer richness of the Fable experience is hard to argue with.

Just turned Megaton into a crater. Holy hell that was satisfying. I hated that fucking town.

I hope the story picks up soon. It's been a bit dull so far.

For me, at the moment, Fable is ever so slightly edging Fallout, simply in terms of sheer density. Weird as it is, but Fallout seems so much more 'barren'. I know that's kind of the idea, but the sheer richness of the Fable experience is hard to argue with.

Fallout and Fable II at the same time is just bad timing really.

I feel the same way about Fallout with LBP/R2/Bioshock, but I think Fable II is even worse with them both being rich open world RPGs.

This October/November stackup is a pain in the arse after so many quiet periods.

Notably, this is one of the more violent games I've seen recently.

You can gib people with the shotgun, blow a guy's head right off with an assault rifle using VATS, and the head comes off in slow motion, goes flying across the room with the camera following it, and then rolls away as the body falls down using full Havok physics... and the only thing the OFLC has a sook about is that it's got morphine in it?

Anyway, quest stuff, now with spoiler tags:

In Tenpenny Tower, I tried to negotiate with everybody so they would let the ghouls live there - many residents were OK with it, but just a couple of stuck up bitches weren't - so I got annoyed and unlocked the entrance for the ghouls to come in.

If you do this latter bit, the ghouls kill everybody, so you can steal anything and everything you like, and get a fair bit of stuff.

I can honestly say that the highlights from my game so far are : Convincing a robot that I am Thomas Jefferson and A little kid telling me to fuck off and to go fuck myself. and just a hint for those that want it, Get the inner child perk, this will help save alot of time and pain later on in the game, I didnt get it and then I did it again with it, you dont get as much stuff or experience but it saves some time and Stimpacks.

Turns out after all this time playing the game i haven't even been doing the main quest. When that's done well in a game like Oblivion, Fable 2 i bloody love it gives you a real sense of freedom to explore the world yourself but still be able to get back on track as soon as you want to advance. Has anyone gotten the dog yet? I'm wondering if i missed it somewhere.

Turns out after all this time playing the game i haven't even been doing the main quest. When that's done well in a game like Oblivion, Fable 2 i bloody love it gives you a real sense of freedom to explore the world yourself but still be able to get back on track as soon as you want to advance. Has anyone gotten the dog yet? I'm wondering if i missed it somewhere.

I found Dogmeat in Scrapyard. lovable little scamp he is :)

Forgot the spoiler tags

The opportunities to be a complete asshole in this game are pretty nasty. I've wiped out whole settlements without dramatic repurcussions. I guess it truly is survival of the fittest.

I'm using the level up glitch in Big Town to get to 20 to unlock the explorer perk (unlock all locations/fast travel) so I can do as many quests as possible on this playthough. *achievements!

I'm level 14 at the moment and maxed lockpick, speech, repair, science.

Looking to max small guns, melee, barter and medicine (in that order.. probably won't get all).

SPECIAL starting stats:

S 1 (up to 7 at the moment thanks to Intense Training - carrying + repair @ 100 = $$$$)

P 7

E 1

C 10

I 10

A 10

L 1

I've had to do it 3687 times thus far to get to level 16... quite painful, but fun seeing a character grow relatively quickly :D

I've had to do it 3687 times thus far to get to level 16... quite painful, but fun seeing a character grow relatively quickly :D

You and your achievement whoring ;)

Heh.. I just used the Here and Now perk to get from level 19->20 three times, murdering differing numbers of people each time to get the 3 karma variants of reaching level 20.

I'm loading my level 18->19 save again though, because the Here and Now perk is shit.

Enjoying the exploration....love running into things that kick my ass at the moment, something that pissed me off immensely in Oblivion(i.e. crappy level scaling$!#$)....tried to take out Paradise Falls but too many at the moment....the bastards will pay when I get a few more levels.

Playing through as a good guy to start, unless of course they are a dick to me for no reason then I will bite back with Bullets, saved Megaton etc should have a halo over my head :)

Awesome game so far....really enjoyed the Family quest, I was expecting something different and enjoyed what happened thought it was just going to be a kill them all thing