BoonyPC

Fallout 3

Its somewhat important for sidequests, so make sure you've done them all before you do anything too drastic.

Yeah, there's a few quests you'll lose if you nuke it. You'll also lose something pretty cool that I won't name for spoilers' sake.

Just picked this up today for 360, only an hour or so in, but already seems like a game that will last me ages. Lots of replay value methinks.

Just picked this up today for 360, only an hour or so in, but already seems like a game that will last me ages. Lots of replay value methinks.

I think this is primarily down to character creation. But you're right.

I barely touched the story but now that i'm topped out at level 20 i want to finish it ASAP so i can start again and rejig my character with perks, skill points and so forth. Love this game, completely biased this is my heavenly sword, except it's you know good.

Nariko would kick the shit out of your character any day of the week. She has like Melee +20 bobbleheads sticking out of her hair.

I barely touched the story but now that i'm topped out at level 20 i want to finish it ASAP so i can start again and rejig my character with perks, skill points and so forth. Love this game, completely biased this is my heavenly sword, except it's you know good.

That means you have to post incessantly about it and launch into ill-advised home projects about it.

Be prepared for the be all and end all of youtube videos showing you the box and manual for Fallout 3! The graphics will be totally graphical!

Be prepared for the be all and end all of youtube videos showing you the box and manual for Fallout 3! The graphics will be totally graphical!

Will they be intesive too?

If you don't hug the manual, it's not really graphical.

I'm hooked... Not as far as you all by the sound of it, not much time (though I'm doin a late one tonight, wifey'll surely be happy having the bed to herself).

Still ramblin round Megaton and its surroundings. Hadn't decided whether to blow it up, but accidentally told the sheriff about Mr Burke's offer and he ran there to kill him, and when the tables were turned I assumed Burke was gonna kill me so just took him without waiting to see what'd happen, then got told I could no longer get a reward for blowing up the town... oh well, probably wouldn't have anyway, I'm a nice fella... My character's karma is too high to hire Jericho hah. I ended up disarming it as I had no savegame close enough to killing Burke.

Heard that ... Leo? Jenny's brother... has a Jet problem and goes up to the water plant to get high, but because my [sPEECH] attempt failed, every time I mention it now he just says "That's none of your business, remember?" Anyone know if other options become available if your speech etc skills get higher? It doesn't appear as a quest either, like fixing the pipes for Walter.

Main quest I'm up to finding the radio station, but haven't bothered yet.

Doing book quests for Moira (up to start of second chapter), got rad poisoning for her (not 600 though, wasn't willing to risk it), done the Family quest, and now helpin some little kid runnin round the supermarket save his family from those Fuckin' Ants.

I was surprised by HOW much like 'Oblivion with guns' it is (though totally agree TE, tons better... Oblivion was too samey in its locations etc, and even though this kiiiinda is, it fits with the setting, whereas after Morrowind, Oblivion had a total lack of variety), in terms of how almost identical the engine is (barring VATS, which is all kinds of cool).

I'm loving it, so going to be so much more able to wait til I have more cash, for the zillion other games coming out that I want, like GoW2, CoD:WaW, GH:WT (getting this on launch day regardless), the new Spyro, the new Banjo Kazooie, the new Scene It, and still haven't got the new Viva Pinata. Funny, the less time I have for games, the more games I end up neeeeeeeeeeding :-P

EDIT: Just checked kunzie's link re experience exploit, though not gonna do it, and went to PC area (I'm playin PC version) - even cheat codes are the same as Oblivion... again, not gonna use em though... I usually do, but I'm enjoying this too much to 'break' it like that... `ttm 1' is tempting though... same as Explorer perk... NO, that's a BAD Mr Kitty... reSIST...

Edited by thylacine

I got bored of Oblivion within a couple of hours, but I'm 10 hours into "Fallout 3" and am just loving it. I haven't bothered searching for the radio station yet, too much fun exploring and picking up random side-quests as I go along.

Getting the rad poisoning one is easy. Go stand in the puddle around the bomb and drink until you're at 600 Rads. Go to Moira, get cured. Done.

Getting the rad poisoning one is easy. Go stand in the puddle around the bomb and drink until you're at 600 Rads. Go to Moira, get cured. Done.

The damage one is about as easy, look down and throw a frag grenade (or two). Go to Moira, get cured. Done.

The damage one is about as easy, look down and throw a frag grenade (or two). Go to Moira, get cured. Done.

The hilarious thing was that I was already damaged and crippled when I received that quest due to a little battle that proved a bit tougher than I anticipated. Easiest quest ever :P

Exactly how I did it also.

Just finished it, the ending is somewhat anti-climatic but the final battle is a spectacle that's for sure. Played a goodie two shoes all the way through. Can definitely think of a few things to do to rejig my character and make a better use of my stats. Will probably play it again after i knock over Far Cry 2 which got forgotten about once i started playing this. For myself, this is game of the year nothing else i've played has drawn me in this much during 2008. Pushed all my gaming buttons, scavenging, exploring, over the top violence, nice set of RPG elements.

Dammit...I just accidentally completed the "In his footsteps" quest...without ever finding the radio station.

Went to Rivet City looking for a home for Wilks (Fire Ant side-quest thingy) and just happened to stumble across some scientists below deck there who then pointed out where dad had gone.

Have I seriously cut a major chunk out the game having not gone to the radio station in DC?

Not a major chunk but there is a quest from the radio guy that leads you to a cool area with the washington monument a bunch of museums and the second coolest set piece in the game at the capitol building.

Dammit...I just accidentally completed the "In his footsteps" quest...without ever finding the radio station.

Went to Rivet City looking for a home for Wilks (Fire Ant side-quest thingy) and just happened to stumble across some scientists below deck there who then pointed out where dad had gone.

Have I seriously cut a major chunk out the game having not gone to the radio station in DC?

I did the exact same thing in my first game.

Then I went and did the GNR mission and got a different and better reward (which I didn't pick up anyway... :P)

Edited by Charcoal

Not a major chunk but there is a quest from the radio guy that leads you to a cool area with the washington monument a bunch of museums and the second coolest set piece in the game at the capitol building.

Really?

Ooh, bugger.

I wonder if I can backtrack and pick up his quest...

Really?

Ooh, bugger.

I wonder if I can backtrack and pick up his quest...

I did the exact same thing in my first game.

Then I went and did the GNR mission and got a different and better reward (which I didn't pick up anyway... :P)

Ha never thought of drinking the bomb water... Oh well, that quest's done anyway, onto chapter 3 now (gotta go to library re history).

Did the damage one the same way :-)

Awesome, thanks for that info! - that's my very next quest, ie Rivet City to look for Wilks home (though I WAS going to do the radio quest on the way, ie first, so definitely will now!).