BoonyPC

Fallout 3

http://legalgeekery.com/2008/11/08/fallout-3-song-list/

All the lyrics for all the songs in Fallout 3.

The soundtrack really does add major levels of atmosphere to the game. It's brilliant.

I agree.

Finished the game last night. I think i need to play as pure goodness and then pure evil. I played someone with negative karma

Though i don't agree that this is 2077. More like 1950's with lasers/mutants/Nuclear Weapons/drugs and stuff.

I can't wait to get my PS3 now (Will have it after the weekend).

I got a free copy of this game for the PS3. Let my co-worker ("kickstep" on these forums) borrow it. He's loving it.

God damn, this game is MASSIVE :O I'm 30 hours of play in, am only level 10 and have only just finished the 3rd part of the main quest. The sheer amount of places, quests and people is staggering. Even though the game world may be smaller than Bethesda's last game Oblivion, it feels a lot bigger. At 30 hours in to Oblivion I was bored of exploring, as once you've seen one fort or cave you've seen them all. FO3 however seems to have more variety and imagination with it's locations. Rivet City for instance, or when I was just aimlessly wandering and found an awesome looking Radar array thingy. I still have most of the northern half of the map to explore yet, too.

Edited by Dapper_Dan

Can't.

Stop.

Playing.

Fallout!

This is what Oblivion should have been in the first place. Holy hell it's a great game.

Needs Tenpenny dance-shuffling to the mines.

I really do like the dancing vid.

i am in this area, i think its vault 87, and im looking for the GECK. I there are just too many mutants around. I start off with something like 8 stimpacks, but i still die. I can't kill them fast enough...

What should i do?

You'll know when you're in the room with the GECK because it's full of REALLY high rad levels. It's nigh on impossible to go through...unless you have help.

I find the Bottlecap mines the most effective with killing harder level creatures, IE. Muerlocks, super mutants and giant scorpions.

You'll need to be a pretty high level when chasing the GECK. I think I was about 17-18 when I was in there.

If you don't want to do that, you'll want to get your hands on the Gatling Laser, Lincoln Repeater or Alien Blaster.

And yeah, Bottlecap Mines and the Fat Man work out good for harder encounters.

I was 13 for the GECK mission. Didn't find it too hard. Those!, on the other hand..

You'll know when you're in the room with the GECK because it's full of REALLY high rad levels. It's nigh on impossible to go through...unless you have help.

What do you mean by 'help'?

I am level 9..lol

I think i need to get to a higher level

What do you mean by 'help'?

Did you meet Fawkes (and if so, what choices did you make)? He's nearby...

Just finished it an hour ago.

I was...underwhelmed...

I wonder how the "bad" ending differs.

Yes the story sux really....and it didnt seem to go for that long, I dont know I thought I spent more time doing other quests than doing the story then all of a sudden it was over.

And the stats, at least combat wise, really dont matter much, I know things like speech, lockpicking and science simply allow you to do things you couldn't with a lower skill.

The highlight for me is simply exploring the world and seeing what is around the place, hoping to find something cool around the corner.

Oh, I agree completely.

The Fallout world is open to so much exploration, both minimally in this game alone, and largely in previous games and further expansions.

The 3 DLC scenarios coming next year look to explore different locations and groups and I for one and really looking forward to it.

I just hope they can resolve the endings with a bit more of a bang.