BoonyPC

Fallout 3

The three DLC packs look like they're going to be awesome. Looks like Broken Steel will continue the story, but Operation: Anchorage looks like a very interesting new take on things too. And I'm sure The Pitt will also be fun.

I'm wondering, will Broken Steel retcon endings altogether, or will you start as another character? Only way I could see your current character going into Broken Steel without a retcon is if you let Sarah die.

EDIT: Actually, I've worked out how it could be possible-

Maybe they should have it tweak the conversation options at the end of the game allowing for game continuation like so:

Me: Fawkes, I need you to go in there and turn Purity on.

Fawkes: Oh no, it is your destiny and I don't want to interfere with that, even if you'll die a horrible and agonising death from radiation exposure and I can just walk in there, switch it on and walk out with no ill effects.

*debut of the new conversation option*

Me: Fawkes, stop being a fucking retard and get your arse in that chamber before I shove a mini nuke up it.

Fawkes: Yes boss! I'm sorry for acting like a lazy douchebag. I'll be right back.

*Fawkes turns Purity on, game continues, Broken Steel begins*

Edited by The Manta

You'll know when you're in the room with the GECK because it's full of REALLY high rad levels. It's nigh on impossible to go through...unless you have help.

What do you mean by 'help'?

Did you meet Fawkes (and if so, what choices did you make)? He's nearby...

Remind me who Fawkes is?

Im not sure if i have

You'll know when you're in the room with the GECK because it's full of REALLY high rad levels. It's nigh on impossible to go through...unless you have help.

Remind me who Fawkes is?

Im not sure if i have

She (yes, Fawkes is a she believe it or not!) is a good super mutant who's locked in Vault 87 (the vault with the GECK).

You got a female Fawkes?

Cool. Mine was a dude.

Well, super mutants are androgynous/asexual according to some of the files in Vault 87. Also according to one of the terminals, Fawkes was a woman before they tested the FEV on her/it. So while Fawkes looks like a he, Fawkes started as a she, and is probably now classed as an it.

Edited by The Manta

Remind me who Fawkes is?

Im not sure if i have

She (yes, Fawkes is a she believe it or not!) is a good super mutant who's locked in Vault 87 (the vault with the GECK).

Haven't spoken to fawkes yet. I am currently in Big Town where i was given some mission. Gonna pick up a few more missions before i go back and try to get the GECK

Edited by bowlen

The question is, would you have the balls to go up to a super-mutant behemoth and yell out "Show us the lips yer mother wouldn't kiss!"?

Pfft. Behemoths are pansies who stand no chance against my prowess and awesomeness.

The question is, would you have the balls to go up to a super-mutant behemoth and yell out "Show us the lips yer mother wouldn't kiss!"?

Pfft. Behemoths are pansies who stand no chance against my prowess and awesomeness.

What Super mutant? It must have killed itself as it saw me, to prevent the wrath I would inflict upon it.

What Super mutant? It must have killed itself as it saw me, to prevent the wrath I would inflict upon it.

You finished fallout jon?

twice now, The first run through I did things as I would do in real life and ended up a 'Good Paladin'

The second run through I was as evil as I could possibly be and ended up a 'very evil exterminator' awsome. Both level 20, but I had to reload on the first game because I finished it to quick (at level 13)

Edited- Spelling.

Edited by King_Of_The_Mountain

twice now, The first run through I did things as I would do in real life and ended up a 'Good Paladin'

The second run through I was as evil as I could possibly be and ended up a 'very evil exterminator' awsome. Both level 20, but I had to reload on the first game because I finished it to quick (at level 13)

Edited- Spelling.

How long did it take you to complete?

I have just got to a place called big town. And now i have to do some quest for them.

I want to find heaps of guns and ammo cause i am always running low

Like 40 hours? Then I went back and did EVERYTHING, and why can't you find any guns? I always find that I have too many and have to drop some. Never only try to find guns that have more than half use left in them, you'll be searching for a while.

Edit - Spelling again...

Edited by King_Of_The_Mountain

Like 40 hours? Then I went back and did EVERYTHING, and why can't you find any guns? I always find that I have too many and have to drop some. Never only try to find guns that have more than half use left in them, you'll be searching for a while.

Edit - Spelling again...

True, well, i actually meant ammo.....but i have just stocked up.

Are there any glitches in the game you have found that benefit the player?

Man, people actually ran out of ammo?

Depends on what guns you favour I guess. I was drowning in Microfusion Cells pretty much the whole game, and my primary was usually the Plasma/Laser rifles.

Bottle caps?

Dude, check the IGN link I put up last page.

The three most powerful weapons in the game CAN'T be bought.

The best weapon is a good charisma

I have the Lincoln repeater and the Alien blaster but whats the other one?

They reckon it's a custom shotgun thingo...a barkeeper in the SW of the map has it...but you need to kill him to get it apparently.

It's in the video.

I also found earlier in the game the A3-21's Plasma Rifle you can acquire from the replicant (depending on your choices) in Rivet City to be very very good, given that you get it at 100% condition.

Used it for most of the game actually.

i am doing some work for the president.....after that, is the main storyline complete?

Does the game keep going after its complete?

I have the Lincoln repeater and the Alien blaster but whats the other one?

They reckon it's a custom shotgun thingo...a barkeeper in the SW of the map has it...but you need to kill him to get it apparently.

It's in the video.

I also found earlier in the game the A3-21's Plasma Rifle you can acquire from the replicant (depending on your choices) in Rivet City to be very very good, given that you get it at 100% condition.

Used it for most of the game actually.

The Vengeance (custom Gatling Laser) is also pretty good. But I think the most powerful weapon in the game that I know of would have to be the Experimental MIRV. It's apparently very, very bloody hard just to get to the place it's stored. As I understand it, it's what would happen if a Fat Man and a shotgun had a baby.