BoonyPC

Fallout 3

i am doing some work for the president.....after that, is the main storyline complete?

Does the game keep going after its complete?

You're in Raven Rock, right? You're getting close.

And no, it doesn't. If you want to continue exploring and such, Raven Rock is the time to set out. Don't go back to the Pentagon until you're ready.

Well, i just completed the game

and i died.....what the fuck!

i am going back to do it again and let the bitch die.....i want to keep playing the game, i got so much more to explore......all i did was the main quests so i got bulk leveling and stuff to do. Plus i haven't explored at all

I better be able to get back into the game...

Is it possible?

well fuck that!

lol, u were able to play oblivion after the game finished......

thats gay!

Edited by bowlen

Man, it seems I need a decent gun. I haven't even found some of the guns you lot are talking about. Frustrating.

I got lucky and found the Lincoln repeater early. Used it for the majority of the game. Once you one shot a super mutant with it you really don't want to switch to anything else, but finding copious amounts of .44 ammo to keep it stocked usually means a quick travel run through all the main cities every couple of days to get more ammo.

Man, it seems I need a decent gun. I haven't even found some of the guns you lot are talking about. Frustrating.

Good guns, in my opinion:

10mm submachine gun, for smaller enemies.

Lincoln's repeater, if you can afford/find heaps of ammo for it.

Chinese Assault rifles do an arseload of damage, but you run extremely slowly with it for some reason. Xuanglong Assault Rifle or whatever it is can be found on a body on the train station behind Vault 101 after you do the little puzzle thing in the Museum of Technology. That does even more damage, and has a bigger magazine.

Vengeance chops raiders into itty bitty pieces on contact, and can take down a Deathclaw in about 3-4 seconds of concentrated fire. I do have 100 in Big Guns though.

Sniper Rifle is great, but they are quite rare, and so is the ammo. I can one-shot most things with it, but I do have all the perks for increasing accuracy and whatnot, so that must help.

All shotguns seem to be shit, even though a fully repaired Combat Shotgun does tons of damage, according to the stats. I haven't found that custom one though.

I just got my hot little hands on the Firelance and the T-51b Power Armour- quite possibly the best armour in the game, and probably the second best gun after the Experimental MIRV.

One-hit-kill on a Giant Radscorpion. Aw, yeah.

I would suggest they make this game into an MMORPG because it'd be beyond awesome, but I think the economy would collapse because nobody would show up to work.

Edited by The Manta

I just got my hot little hands on the Firelance and the T-51b Power Armour- quite possibly the best armour in the game, and probably the second best gun after the Experimental MIRV.

I would suggest they make this game into an MMORPG because it'd be beyond awesome, but I think the economy would collapse because nobody would show up to work.

Also it would hardly be a wasteland with the population of a mid sized city milling about begging for bottlecaps :P

Also it would hardly be a wasteland with the population of a mid sized city milling about begging for bottlecaps :P

That too. They'd have to, like, run a test that only allows dedicated Fallout roleplaying fans in, none of this powergaming crap :P

That too. They'd have to, like, run a test that only allows dedicated Fallout roleplaying fans in, none of this powergaming crap :P

Like a pre-install G.O.A.T? :P

Like a pre-install G.O.A.T? :P

That is... like... pure genius.

Somebody should make a mod like that. I'd switch to PC for it.

The Alien Blaster is more powerful than the Firelance unless you have the Pyromaniac perk, in which case Firelancer is better. Both it and the Alien Blaster use Alien Power Cells though, which are super-rare :( Probably the most powerful gun for day-to-day use would be the unique Plasma Rifle you can get from The Replicated Man quest (It's better than Lincolns imo).

As for the armour, T-51b is pure sex, but is bugged and can't be repaired with any other power armours :( Vendor-repairs only. I personally preferred the Ranger armour, as it's only 1 DR less than standard power armour, and the stats are better imho (+5 AP, +10 small guns +1 luck) and can be repaired easily with Talon armour and stuff. I think there's also a slight movement speed hit when wearing power armour too. For pure looks though, T-51b is best in game, no doubt. Try and get ahold of Ledoux's hockey mask too, it's best headgear in game (has +25 AP).

And +1 for a Fallout MMO :)

Edited by Dapper_Dan

I basically second everything Dapper Dan said. My gear 99% of the time ended up being Ranger Armour, Ledoux's hockey mask and the lincoln repeater or the unique chinese assault rifle with 100 in small guns. Trade the damage reduction of power armour for the stat bonus's on the ranger armour. Can't dismiss extra luck, between the lucky 8 ball, the bobblehead and the armour i have 10+ luck which makes crits a regular thing.