Sign in to follow this  
Dany Williams

The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360

The gameplay lends itself well to the 360 controller already, so gameplay they could just about keep the same.

Graphically it will come nowhere near.

I consider CD Projekt Red a little bit like Relic in that they refuse to do anything half arsed, or at least that's their track record so far.

I couldn't see that changing in this case, so as far as their effort s concerned I think they will make sure it's a solid experience on the platform.

As far as the content goes, is this a game that will play well on the Xbox? As long as they have some sort of sticky targeting or lock on system, clean up the inventory I could see the inventory and shop interface being a pain in the ass, introduce a "sell all junk" button.

I could see this as being one of the best RPGs on console, especially with all the free DLC they promise, I assume that promise extends to the console version as well.

They already have support for the 360 controller, no idea if the changes the ui around or anything, but my guess is it would already be easy to use with the controller, I haven't tried it yet though.

Fortunately CD Projekt have released comparison shots, X360 images are on the top, PC on the bottom...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also have gameplay footage of a pre-alpha X360 build from a closed demo.

Edited by King_TriTAN

Looks alot better than I expected tbh. Wonder if it will keep 30fps? Its missing some of the nicer effects like God Rays and the ( more over the top I suppose you could call it) DOF that the PC version has and maybe slightly lower res textures, but I'm quite amazed at how it looks on the whole. Could quite possibly be the best looking console game around if it keeps to 30fps and runs at 720p.

I remember reading an article were CD Projekt intend The Witcher 2 to be the best looking game on the console but with Rage on the horizon they've got competition. I haven't played Crysis 2 but does TW2 look better?

Edited by King_TriTAN

the short view distance and divided level locations with jumping down\climing or passing threw a door would help to reduce the power\memory requierments for low end hardware to cope

I remember reading an article were CD Projekt intend The Witcher 2 to be the best looking game on the console but with Rage on the horizon they've got competition. I haven't played Crysis 2 but does TW2 look better?

In some ways, yes, in other ways, no.

The Witcher 2 is a graphical mixed bag. Amazing set pieces with some average looking characters. However I've never seen a more detailed forest.

i dont see any aliasing in those pics and the xbox isnt capable of producing those high res screens that are 3,840px × 2,160px

at best id say those shots are taken on pc running the xbox version of the game with toned down textures and lighting

so dont be surprised if it doesnt look that good when it arrives

Edited by Dasa

The dev kits that developers use allow for higher resolution rendered screenshots with higher targeted MSAA, an X360 build can only run on an XDK. I do agree that these press shots or bullshots will look better than the actual game.

Edited by King_TriTAN