Sign in to follow this  
Skulptur

Fallout 3 is better than HL2 and Deus Ex

I'm seriously you guys!

This game is beyond awesome!

The Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System (V.A.T.S.) is beautiful. Say I'm fighting some crappy little mutant bugs, I'll just bash the crap out of them with my baseball bat, without using VATS.

But if I run into 3 security guards waving riot batons I'll open VATS and pop a slug in their head. Watching someones head explode in bullet-time is more than cool.

The only similarity I've noticed between FO3 and TES: Oblivion is a concrete wall texture that looks familiar :P

I've not encountered a single bug or glitch or anything that could break the immersion.

I've been playing for 2 hours now and I give this game 9.5/10.

I would give it 10/10 but some objects seem to not have physics on them. Like a vase sitting on a shelf that doesn't smash when I bash it with my baseball bat.

That is the only negative thing I can say about this game.

LOVE!

and you're playing it before street date because...?

+1, Dont say anything bad or Fazz will hunt you down :)

Dude, ixnay on the otgunshay

Only 'cause of envy though :P

Only 'cause of envy though :P

Envy and if its about the torrented version...

I found this though and gave me a multiple nerdgasm

Posted Image

how can you compare an rpg with a fps? half life was awesome enough but then hl:2 just left me speechless.

So Stalker isn't an FPS? Yes FO3 is an RPG, but it also has FPS elements to it. It has succeeded where Bioshock and Stalker failed, combining FPS/RPG genres.

how can you compare an rpg with a fps? half life was awesome enough but then hl:2 just left me speechless.

So Stalker isn't an FPS? Yes FO3 is an RPG, but it also has FPS elements to it. It has succeeded where Bioshock and Stalker failed, combining FPS/RPG genres.

I disagree.

Bioshock was an oustanding FPS with minor RPG elements.

FO3 is an outstanding RPG with heavy FPS influences.

"FO3 is an outstanding RPG with heavy FPS influences."

kunzie is on the money.

The reason I'm playing it early is because my older brother works for a gaming magazine and he "borrowed" the work copy.

The more I play the better it gets...

Umm..? It's not released yet?

I just picked my up copy at lunch?

Released today, dude. EB rang me about my preorder at noon.

FO3 will be easily modded just like Oblivion.

Gahhh don't tell me that, now I'll have to dedicate 6 months of my life modding and writing a guide for it xD

If it's any consolation, your oblivion stuff is fucking awesome ;)

Played it for a couple of hours or so now. Fucking brilliant. The view as you emerge from the vault is just awesome. It's not exactly a technical tour-de-force like Crysis, but much like GTA IV, it trades technical beauty for sheer excellence in the visual design department, and a mass of intricate details that really bring the world alive. Or un-alive. Whichever. The music is fantastic too, and the main story mission is most intriguing so far.

Because he's a cunt that's why!

-X

HAHAHAHA !

thats very amusing....

Adding my 2c.

Know about the other thread. Read that one first. Then this one, then can't be stuffed shifting backwards/forwards between threads.

Enjoying it? HELL YEAH!

I *am* however, taking my time. It took me ages to get to Megaton. I knew where it was. That was easy.. I just explored. Got killed a few times. (Flamethrowers HURT when you get ambushed. Amusingly, although I died, so did the 3 melee guys I was running away from at the time. Raiders don't care if they hit their friends. :P)

I also managed to spark a war between raiders. (2 raiders). Maybe I was lucky. Did a sneak shot on a guy. Hit him in the arm. He turned. The first he saw was another raider (not me). They wailed on each other and I came in and cleaned up. NICE!

Sniper rifle is hell fun to use. (High perception FTW if you want to use this. Nothing like detecting the enemy super early).

Flamethrower is nifty.

I now want to try and engineer some of my own weapons. About to start again. The first time was the 'explore' to get the feel of the game. Now it's time to PLAY! (Crank up the difficult a notch or 2 too.)

AD

3 thumbs up (Damn you mutations) :P

Fallout 3? Loving it.

Bought it last night, for both my wife and I.

We decided to go to bed this morning at 4am.

I haven't played a game like that in a loooong time. Reminds me of the day Civilization 2 came out...

I love my wife very much, the gorgeous darling gamer she is. (sorry, gushing, we've only been married a month!)