Sign in to follow this  
Skulptur

Fallout 3 is better than HL2 and Deus Ex

Fallout 3? Loving it.

Bought it last night, for both my wife and I.

We decided to go to bed this morning at 4am.

I haven't played a game like that in a loooong time. Reminds me of the day Civilization 2 came out...

I love my wife very much, the gorgeous darling gamer she is. (sorry, gushing, we've only been married a month!)

wowo lucky you to have a partner that enjoys gaming. And good luck on the marriage.

FO3 will be easily modded just like Oblivion.

Gahhh don't tell me that, now I'll have to dedicate 6 months of my life modding and writing a guide for it xD

If it's any consolation, your oblivion stuff is fucking awesome ;)

haha thanks! I just looked at it over on the atomic archive too, people seem to still be viewing it!

I went to bed at 4am.

Loving it.

Awesome game!

Cool things I have done so far...

defused the bomb and was given an apartment in megaton

activated the security robot at the hypermart, which then killed half the raiders for me

killed the overseer - dont think I was supposed to do that, but oh well

found ghosts in vault 106

Where can I get a sniper rifle?

I went to bed at 4am.

Loving it.

Awesome game!

Cool things I have done so far...

defused the bomb and was given an apartment in megaton

activated the security robot at the hypermart, which then killed half the raiders for me

killed the overseer - dont think I was supposed to do that, but oh well

found ghosts in vault 106

Where can I get a sniper rifle?

They're littered all over the place but if you head to an overpass with raiders on it, you'll find some. I'm having fun smacking nine kinds of fuck out of people with The Terrible Shotgun, a scoped .44 magnum and the minigun. :D

Yep now that my copy is working I can honestly say it is fucking awesome.

I've only just completed the bit in the superdupermarket. The VATS system is frigin awesome - whenever I get a critical hit with the handgun in the head, I feel like I've just pulled off 'Fatality' in mortal kombat :P

Other than that, the world they've created here is just phenominal. It is pretty much oblivion with guns, but more awesome.

hot diggidy dam

LOVE this game.

Was addicted to the first 2 and I am already addicted to this one.

Went a bit nuts in Megaton though. Kinda killed almost everyone :S

Should be interesting to see how my evil status will now effect future encounters.

Hasn't crashed on me yet. Hi 5 to that.

I notice in my save games I am described as a 'Peacekeeper'.

Which is kind of ironic because my goody-toe-shoeism got the Sherriff of Megaton killed and made his son an orphan :(

Yeah, I was a goody two-shoes too...then I exploded a nuclear weapon in a town...

Anyway, the Alien blaster is my new favourite weapon, though I know I will run out of ammo eventually :(

I wish I could decide on a weapon of choice, rather than holding so many at once (sydney's 10mm submachine gun, chinese assault riflie, minigun, sniper rifle, .44 scoped...one or two more as ammo dictates).

Ack...2 weeks annual leave may not be enough for this game

Anyway, the Alien blaster is my new favourite weapon, though I know I will run out of ammo eventually :(

I've got the ammo for it, but where's the weapon?

I notice in my save games I am described as a 'Peacekeeper'.

Which is kind of ironic because my goody-toe-shoeism got the Sherriff of Megaton killed and made his son an orphan :(

The instant Burke pulls out his pistol give his skull a 12-gauge sunroof.

NE from minefield towards vault 92, just past the power station. When you get close you pick up a radio signal.

NE from minefield towards vault 92, just past the power station. When you get close you pick up a radio signal.

Awesome I'll check it out.

I've just escaped from the Enclave's fort and even better, I talked my way into making president AI self destruct ;)

i need to do more free roaming and find cool stuff. but its hard when i have to go from subway to subway around GNR.

and dammit dogmeat, stop running up and chewing on the supermutant while im sneaking up to try to aerate his skull

I wish I could decide on a weapon of choice, rather than holding so many at once (sydney's 10mm submachine gun, chinese assault riflie, minigun, sniper rifle, .44 scoped...one or two more as ammo dictates).

Heh, yeah, I've got the same problem. Primarily I go the laser rifle, but so often I switch to the hunting rifle, .44, frag grenade and sawn-off shotgun as needed. And of course, when it comes to Brutes, you can't go past the Fat Man.

I ended up spending the whole of last night doing what was supposed to be one little quest, because I stumbled across a bunker and so much awesome stuff I just had to explore.

what is a bit odd is how many headshots an enemy can take when its on very hard difficulty setting.

very hard difficulty should entail higher accuracy and speed of enemies and the like. not heads made of granite.

mod please.

i picked the pirk +1 stat instead of the gun nut is this bad?

there are no bad perks.

Really? That wasn't really the case with the first two fallouts xD

Well, if you're playing melee focused, stealth ninja, then yeah, "Gun Nut" wouldn't make much sense ;)

Some perks will obviously mesh better than others.

i picked the pirk +1 stat instead of the gun nut is this bad?

there are no bad perks.

Really? That wasn't really the case with the first two fallouts xD

Well, if you're playing melee focused, stealth ninja, then yeah, "Gun Nut" wouldn't make much sense ;)

Some perks will obviously mesh better than others.

Eggzachary. The are are no bad perks, only bad choices. Intense Training or Gun Nut are both very useful perks.

As has been mentioned, what choice of perks works depends on the character you want to create and play.

I've got an all-rounder adventurer type, so I've got a good spread of perks like lead belly, scavenger, toughness, one of the medical ones, scoundrel and a couple of the combat ones. If you were a tank, Gun Nut/the Big Guns ones would work better. if you're a science type, Daddy's Boy. All depends on what and who you want to be.

As has been mentioned, what choice of perks works depends on the character you want to create and play.

I've got an all-rounder adventurer type, so I've got a good spread of perks like lead belly, scavenger, toughness, one of the medical ones, scoundrel and a couple of the combat ones. If you were a tank, Gun Nut/the Big Guns ones would work better. if you're a science type, Daddy's Boy. All depends on what and who you want to be.

even for a gun nut/shooty guy daddys boy is handy for computer terminals

even for a gun nut/shooty guy daddys boy is handy for computer terminals

Yeah, I'm pondering doing it. My hack skill's crap.

Seriously, what the hell is with people saying this all the time? Are they just suffering from post-release hype or what? "Fallout 3 is better than Half-Life and Deus Ex". What the fuck? Have you played any of the 3? Fallout 3 is a good game, but it's not great. Deus Ex and Half-Life are timeless classics. You can not compare a middling fps/rpg game that isn't even half as good as it's predecessors (Fallout 1 and 2) to greats like HL and Deus Ex.