Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
catglue

Foxtel on Xbox 360?

Hey Guys,

New to the forums, hope to be posting here quite regularly. I did a quick search but couldn't find any information about Foxtel on the Xbox 360. I was wondering if anyone here had used it before? I stumbled across an offer Foxtel have right now which gives you a free month subscription along with a month of Xbox Live Gold which works out for me as I currently pay month to month.

I'm with Bigpond so there are no worries there as the data streaming doesn't count towards your quota, I'm just keen to see what people think of the whole experience. For those who are keen to check out the offer I'm pretty sure it ends 30th of June, but you can check it out here http://bit.ly/m3YVE0

What speed is your internet? ADSL/ADSL2+/Cable?

If ADSL2+ Whats your sync speed? I heard it uses a fair bit of quota.

What speed is your internet? ADSL/ADSL2+/Cable?

If ADSL2+ Whats your sync speed? I heard it uses a fair bit of quota.

Not sure of the sync speed etc as I'm currently in the US (heading home next week and then planning to sign up to the trial) but I'm with Bigpond on ADSL 2+ so they offer unmetered data for Foxtel on the 360.

Yeah, I only ask the speed because apparantly it needs to download quite a bit per hour, if your speeds are too slow it may stutter/pause a lot.

Sorry, I'm one of the ***-headed step childs of fucking pay TV, and only get Austar/MyStar. I would have signed up otherwise just to see what it was like.

Yeah, fuck you Foxtel/Austar, sort your shit out already. And fix that piece of shit Mystar box, too.

/notbitter

Foxtel on Xbox is via the internet, so you should still be able to get it...if you're with bigpond. As far as I know its only available to bigpond customers, true/false?

Foxtel on Xbox is via the internet, so you should still be able to get it...if you're with bigpond. As far as I know its only available to bigpond customers, true/false?

False in this case. But it is only avaialbe to people who are already in a Foxtel region. So if you are in an Austar reregion you can't get it. The thing that really stops me thinking about an non-ISP IPTV solution is that it is counted toward quota.

I have tired it.

I also have normal sd foxtel.

It would be a much better service on the Xbox if you could get the live fox sporting channels (Fox Sports 1-3).

But overall it seems to work ok just doesn't have the sports content I want and I already have a foxbox so there no point in using via xbox for me.

But I have a mate at work who uses fox via xbox and rates it. He doesn’t have foxtel though.

I don't have any stuttering issues while viewing on the xbox but in saying that I am less then 500m to the exchange.

Do you need to be with telstra to use it?

No you don't need to be a bigpond customer to access foxtel via Xbox.

But unless your ISP un-meters the traffic it will come off your data cap.

Bigpond is unmetered for foxtel.

Bigpond will also be releasing Foxtel unmetered on their T-Box as well.

Bigpond will also be releasing Foxtel unmetered on their T-Box as well.

Yep will be interesting to see how it looks.

If it has all of the same channels as normal foxtel I will probably go for that.

I'm on the free month trial, won't be keeping it after that. Unless there is something on that i really want to watch, then I might sign up again. The no-contract is good.

I'm on 1.5mb and it works fine at medium quality, but the picture is quite poor, but even the HQ setting isn't amazing. And there isn't as many channels as the normal Foxtel. But for what it is, it's not too bad.

Nice. Thanks for the advice guys. They are launching live sports for the Xbox 360 service at the end of the year so then maybe it will be a viable option for sports fans.

I'm also stuck in an Austar area that can't get this service (Cairns). Why there has to be 2 different providers for metro and regional is beyond me, Foxtel owns Austar anyway its just a name change.

Screw them both I'll go with FetchTV thanks. Oh wait, I need and Internode or iiNet port :( .

This is one of the very small but important reasons we can benefit from the NBN.

EDIT: Also, what is the technical problem with bringing Foxtel/Austar to non-metro?? FetchTV needs Multicast which is only found on iiNet and Internode ports. So you can do it without it on telstra wholesale line? So are they just being pricks to us hillbillies who don't live in the cities?

Edited by wingnut0021