Chaos.Lady

Coca Cola Appreciation Club

I used to drink litres of coke until these magic things called "energy drinks" came out. Now ill drink a Monster Nitrous when im having a hard(physically) day, otherwise ill probably have a 600ml coke a day. I dont buy into all the sugar free alternatives, id prefer to tkae my chances with sugar then that artificial sweetener crap lol

I actually tried a Smirnoff Double Black with lemon, lime and bitters at the pub last night. It was a very tasty combination, I must say!

I like lemon, lime and bitters but I don't drink it as a soft drink - I generally have it mixed with alcohol. :P

Try lemon, lime and campari.

I prefer my coke with scotch in it !!

I/we drink Dr Pepper too and Irn-Bru. <--- latest advert ... I used to like Root Beer but buggered if we can get that here.

I have a friend over there (Cannington WA) who drank cans & cans of Diet cola (dunno what brand) and apparently gave herself Diabetes because of the aspartame in it.

Chris.. its Vimto

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/adverts/favourite-ads.html

Edited by Outcast_Aussie

Welch's grape soda is the bomb, yo. Cherry Coke, Cherry 7up and Mountain Dew: Code Red are all awesome too. In fact, I have a boner for most american soft drinks (Which city convenience stores seem to be stocking a lot of these days).

:)

Thanks Aussie I knew I was spelling it wrong but we are out of it at the moment :)

Cheers

I don't drink a lot of soft drink these days. Previously, I needed the sugar after sports when I was younger. Now, regular fruit and consistent exercise seems to have that under control.

Most of the time I buy soft drink, I'll go for Coke or Pepsi Max depending on the store. However, I love the Taiwanese drinks at the local mall these days. :)

So much crap in this thread I could point out but I can't be bothered.

I used to drink diabetes-inducing amounts of plain Coke, but gave that up. Moved on to Coke Zero but gave that up, too. Now I just drink the Schweppes Mineral Waters, occasionally grabbing a can of Zero at work. My other two occasional drinks are Dr Pepper and Root Beer. Doesn't help now that I've started working right near a shop that sells both but I've restrained, only had one of each over the couple of months I've been there. Plus, yes Director, they do contain the bullshit High Fructose Corn Syrup. So only very occasionally.

aw man, I suck :-( I'd average mini can of Coke Zero maybe once a month. I pretty much have the cans for visitors, basically, for the amount of time it takes me to get through it :-p In general, I don't really like the taste or the after effects (I feel a bit off colour in the tummy after drinking). I just drink water (or homemade green juice or tea).

But... on those occasions when I do indulge, it's Coke Zero because it's just about the only soft drink that tastes ok to me :-)

Oh and Bundaberg Ginger Beer, that shit is the bomb.

Ye it's not bad.

Cascade Ginger Beer is also good, but I got sick of buying it and started making my own.

:-)

As for Coke, probably have one small bottle every 6 months or so, if that. For other soft drinks I seem to mainly buy the fruit flavoured sparkling water type things.

Mainly though it is Farmers Union Iced Coffee. Can't stand those "energy" drinks, I find them totally disgusting.

I prefer my coke with scotch in it !!

My old man (ex Glaswegian) would shudder with disgust when people desecrated Scotch by adding Coke to it.

Always wondered about that, and what it is like, plus the NZ drink L&P. Edited by aliali

there's susually about 3 weeks of the year where i go kinda of nuts and drink about 100 -150 (350ml) cans of soft drink within teh space of a week.

I shit you not - there is a photo somewhere

but i can drink, soft drink like water.

I don't really drink softdrink (I admit I'll have a coke if I have Maccas, which isn't even monthly) . I try to avoid anything not water

Edited by deadpeep

I've an acquired taste for coke and to this day there is still no comparison in terms of taste and anything other than full flavoured coke just taste weird. Coke zero what is this shit?

Drinking the odd juice these days, sometimes diet lime cordial or fresh juice, otherwise, I just drink water, can't get enough of it.

Also drinking the odd supplement with my water, like protein or Jack3d.

Really frustrated that the only way I can easily get Irn-Bru locally is if it's an RTD with vodka : \

Really frustrated that the only way I can easily get Irn-Bru locally is if it's an RTD with vodka : \

Not helpful for you in any way, but the same corner shop near my workplace that sells Dr Pepper/A&W also sells this Irn-Bru drink. First time I saw it the other day and I wondered what the hell it was. After looking it up, I'm still not entirely sure as to what it's supposed to taste like.

Morbid curiosity makes me want to taste one, but from what I've read online I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy the experience. It's nice to see that 'omg it's filled with bad stuff, it must be good!' applies to drinks as well as food. It disturbs me a little that I'm happy to waive away any concerns about the ingredients because 'It's Scottish".

Yep, and now I have to buy one to taste it.

Thanks. :P

Sorry? How does people who profess to drinking coke zero and pepsi max fit in?

Soft drinks with artificial sweetner can be just as bad.

Besides tricking your brain into thinking it's getting suguar (then making you crave sweet things when it realises that it isn't sugar through insulin spikes), it cotains some rather nasty ingrediants that can damage the brain and nervous system, if ingested in large quantities over a long period.

Also notice how Coke Zero has a fairly unique taste, compared to Diet Coke? You can thank the big helping of salt they put in, for that.

Yup. All colas are pretty rotten shit, I say.

Do admit I used to rather enjoy the vanilla variety mixed with cheap whisky, back years ago (when I paid no attention to what I was putting into my body).

Very occasionally I'll have some sort of coke mixed with some booze (and that's usually when i get it for free because I asked for whisky at a bar and the bartender didn't pay attention to me telling them to mix it with something else, or not at all), but even then it just tastes wrong to me nowadays.

Monday to Friday I have a 600ml full strength coke with lunch and cola flavoured cordial with dinner. On Friday I buy approx 6 litres of full strength and it's finished by Sunday.

Diet coke, coke zero and all variants of Pepsi are disgusting.

Just the Vanilla Coke you drink in those two days:

660 grams of sugar

11,053 kilojoules

Average adult daily intake of energy is 8,700kj.

Not even thinking about the colours and preservatives and shit.

I would seriously be getting a blood test for liver function and all sorts of shit. You sound like a total diabetes risk. Two thirds of a kilo of sugar in two days, not including everything else you eat. Man, I would not have even considered that when I was a fat as fatass.

Yeah.... that's a pretty sickening thing to just think about, personally.

I had a check up not that long ago. I was fine.

I don't care what your "check up" said, keep up those levels in the long run and you're pretty well guaranteed to screw yourself up.

I am trying to swap coke for water, which is hard.

Good on you for trying...

But "hard" to swap? No, you're just soft! Its the addiction to the sugar and caffeine. Try doing without one for a couple weeks (probably caffeine first, switch to a different soft drink), then cut the other. Yeah, you're gonna feel shit for the first few days, getting over your caffeine-withdrawal headaches, but after a week or two you'll be feeling a fuckload better.

Its really just a matter of manning-up and doing your body a favour!

-A-

[Edit: Alternatively, quit the sugar/preservatives first instead and switch to tea/coffee for your caffeine hit. You'd benefit from cutting either one.]

Edited by Ashlar

Vanilla coke isn't that hard to make, it's not like real vanilla essence is hard to come by.

Never a big fan of coke, it always made me thirstier, so I just avoided it. Used to love fanta, lemonade, and seven up.

These days, if I drink any soft drink, it's usually solo. My favourite one if I'm at a pub or some such is lemon, lime and bitters...love it !

I actually tried a Smirnoff Double Black with lemon, lime and bitters at the pub last night. It was a very tasty combination, I must say!

I like lemon, lime and bitters but I don't drink it as a soft drink - I generally have it mixed with alcohol. :P

I've never tried it with other alcohol...Bitters is enough alcohol with the lemon and lime, for me.