Sign in to follow this  
Sty.x

Headphones

Hey peeps just wondering what your personal opionion is about the best set of headphones out there with or without a micro\phon\e.]

Im looking atgetting my mits on a set of those Dr Dre headphone i carnt remember what there called i like a shit load of bassand treble and all that jazz.. let me know.

Hey peeps just wondering what your personal opionion is about the best set of headphones out there with or without a micro\phon\e.]

Im looking atgetting my mits on a set of those Dr Dre headphone i carnt remember what there called i like a shit load of bassand treble and all that jazz.. let me know.

ewwwwww way over priced for what they sound like. What kind of music do you listen too? For use with ipod or computer? budget?

ewwwwww way over priced for what they sound like. What kind of music do you listen too? For use with ipod or computer? budget?

Somehow, i take it from the above that he doesn't really have the requirements of 'good sounding', just wants a shitload of bass and treble...

Sigh.

Why not look into something like the AKG K181DJ headphones... Any DJ style phones that are big on bass would likely make you happy... They're made so that a DJ can easily do beatmatching etc inside a club with lots of reflected and reverberated bass... So generally overstate how bass and treble SHOULD sound...

Other models to try out would be

Audio Technica ATH-pro700

Ultrasone DJ1

and maybe Shure srh750dj

That said, it's also worth pointing out that most DJs also have hearing damage...

Just sayin'.

Edited by Caelum

Yeah I don't know anything about these headphones, but I certainly wouldn't be spending good money on something branded, Dr Dre when there are much better options/variety of options out there.

Somehow, i take it from the above that he doesn't really have the requirements of 'good sounding', just wants a shitload of bass and treble...

Sigh.

Why not look into something like the AKG K181DJ headphones... Any DJ style phones that are big on bass would likely make you happy... They're made so that a DJ can easily do beatmatching etc inside a club with lots of reflected and reverberated bass... So generally overstate how bass and treble SHOULD sound...

Other models to try out would be

Audio Technica ATH-pro700

Ultrasone DJ1

and maybe Shure srh750dj

That said, it's also worth pointing out that most DJs also have hearing damage...

Just sayin'.

Yeah I'd give the audio tech a go. Though a personal favourite of mine are the Aiaiai:TMA-1 http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=510 I use them all the time on my PC, attached to my phone they get a good 6 hours a day work and sound fantastic pack a nice punch but arnt to bassy a really good all rounder set of headphones and the best part is that they are extremely comfortable.

Trying to find cheap portable phones better than the PX100's is killing me.

Even on headphone reviews they're finding it hard to get a better all rounder.

Some sound better but are uncomfortable.

some are comphy but lack the quality.

Though It doesnt sound like you're wanting anything specific nor portable.

If you just want big bass and trebel, not 'balanced sound' go try the biggest set of sennheisers you can find. They're bass-tastic and quite clear for speaking. Often lose out in the midrange though.

or maybe the M1's?

Yeah i would reather something which is awesome with all round quality , just lately i have found headphones which lack bass when the treble and background were good and vice versa. Im not looking for cheap shit i want some headphones i can wear to lans aswell on planes and at home. I listen to metal, rock , r&b rap and i want to use them for gaming with games such as call of duty and such.

Just a few ideas on what you guys think are a great pair of headphones would be good. Cheers.

The bes way is to go into a shop and check them out for yourself.

I've never heard any Beats headphones. I would guess that they colour the sound heavily, based upon the market they are produced for, but there is nothing necessarily wrong with that, and they might suit you well. In any case hearing them for yourself is the best test, even if you think you don't know how to judge the quality of headphones. If you want recommendations, do a search.... There have been too many headphone threads already.

don't know too much about headphones, but i did picked up a pair of alessandro ms1's few months ago from headphonics for 150 shipped and they're pretty awesome, plenty of details, clarity and music just sound...fun

they not bass heavy but what you get is good bass...bass felt light in the beginning but as i listen to them more it got better and better, as matter of fact i enjoy them so much more than the boomy muddy bass, can always eq the bass a bit too i guess, but i haven't found anything that don't sound good on them so far so i am happy

thing is they are open headphones though...so not really for outside wearing and might annoy people around you lol

Edited by basketballfreak6

with the exception of metal unless its old metal, in whch case it falls into here too); I honestly say sennheiser.

I know i sound like a fanboi, i recommend them all the time, but you're looking for the two things sennheiser do well in those genres.

Boomy Bass, and clear vocals\highs.

Bass drums, wailing guitars, high screaming and low rapping.

I'll admit im not a balanced sound person, i always like bass heavy as long as i dont lose clarity.

Go into a JB and try em out.

I have the beats by dre studio headphones, and despite what people are saying, I am yet to find headphones better in this price bracket.

I have the beats by dre studio headphones, and despite what people are saying, I am yet to find headphones better in this price bracket.

Have you looked? Cause I'm yet to find any headphones made by "Dr Dre" that aren't blown out of the water by Audio Technica, Sennheiser, AKG or any other quality headphone manufacturer in the same price range. There is a reason that Headphonic http://headphones.com.au/ and other sites dedicated to quality headphones don't stock or recommend them.

Have you looked? Cause I'm yet to find any headphones made by "Dr Dre" that aren't blown out of the water by Audio Technica, Sennheiser, AKG or any other quality headphone manufacturer in the same price range. There is a reason that Headphonic http://headphones.com.au/ and other sites dedicated to quality headphones don't stock or recommend them.

Are you sure? http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?search=beats

Wow, that's new. Still, I don't see any that are recommended by them, nor would I ever expect to.

Wow, that's new. Still, I don't see any that are recommended by them, nor would I ever expect to.

They might have succumbed to public demand. :)

Next time i head into his shop i'll have a chat with him, and ask him why he stocks them, and what he honestly thinks about them :P

Next time i head into his shop i'll have a chat with him, and ask him why he stocks them, and what he honestly thinks about them :P

Please do. I'm putting my money on 'because that's what the kids want, a functional yet overpriced fashion accessory'.

I had the Sennheiser HD 595's and the Beats Studio sound multitudes better.

As I said, I haven't found better, but now that I have my Dre's I don't really need to search.

There may be better, but I haven't found/heard them.

http://www.kicker.com/hp541 I've got these, main reason I went these is because they have a replaceable cable which is the main thing that breaks on headphones. They sound decent and are fairly comfy and they were on sale for around $80 Edited by PointZeroOne

You'd be crazy not to get a pair of MS-1's with our exchange rate, $100 delivered:

http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.php?p=headphones

If they wanted a fantastic sounding pair of 'phones, absolutely.

I'm not sure the OP wants a pair of 'phones that sound good, though.

'good' is a terrible word to use. Due to the size of drivers I find anything thats not bass exaggerated to hell to sound TERRIBLE.

if 'good' means flat equalised, no thanks. Ive always wanted to try the M1s though, everyone seems to rave about them.